Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 18TB worth of drives on that shelf (the Qnap has 4x3tb Hitachi's I picked up for $95) ;)

Please tell me you mean $95 each and the Qnap was extra. That in and of itself is a steal. If it was $95 for everything.......wow.:eek:

I wish it was that price for 12TB and an awesome NAS Box. But alas, it was 4 x $95 each for the 3TB drives each plus $235 shipped for the QNAP barebones. A 12TB NAS for approx $600 USD is a steal to me.

Now, I did have to rip open four external cases to get these drives out..but hey, it was worth it!

I wish it was that price for 12TB and an awesome NAS Box. But alas, it was 4 x $95 each for the 3TB drives each plus $235 shipped for the QNAP barebones. A 12TB NAS for approx $600 USD is a steal to me.

Now, I did have to rip open four external cases to get these drives out..but hey, it was worth it!

Obviously pre-flood on those prices, but out of curiosity what drives are you using? Also how do you like the QNAP and are you using it for just file storage? I'm building a server with my Tax return this year and trying to get an idea on what to use as a base.

Oh nice setup btw, to keep this post on track :D

Obviously pre-flood on those prices, but out of curiosity what drives are you using? Also how do you like the QNAP and are you using it for just file storage? I'm building a server with my Tax return this year and trying to get an idea on what to use as a base.

Oh nice setup btw, to keep this post on track :D

Post flood actually. Office Max deal/price f-up. So far just basic file sharing. I have a lot to learn with this thing. I also have a Buffalo Terastation Pro with 4 x 1TB sitting next to it but that doesn't hold a match to the QNAP's capabilities. The QNAP has FTP capabilities and a bunch of other stuff I've yet to figure out.

Yeah 1% talk and fishing rods instead of guns and empty liquor bottles.

I swear I didn't know this was the ladies restroom. Don't yell, I'll leave.

I actually enjoy fishing, so I'm only partly kidding.

XjNRqh.jpg

New toys
QTPvRh.jpg

Yeah 1% talk and fishing rods instead of guns and empty liquor bottles.

I swear I didn't know this was the ladies restroom. Don't yell, I'll leave.

I actually enjoy fishing, so I'm only partly kidding.

Yeah, fly rods on a wall are definitely out of place amongst the beeramids and pictures of guns kids wish they were old enough to shoot... LOL

This is the jist, although the computer is being replaced by an ongoing build.
QPLj3.jpg

First post. Absolutely amazing setups in here. My humble abode:

6799673367_8e0223024b_z.jpg

6799673083_da13fdfbe1_z.jpg

6799674001_1408f3ffe5_z.jpg

6799674601_4eb1c3d9cc_z.jpg

6799674911_32cfb10018_z.jpg

6799673695_edf7a3b6c9_z.jpg

6799673695_edf7a3b6c9_z.jpg

As you can see, I like posters :p

What is the thing with Antec on it in the middle?

yep Antec Skeleton :) I've had her for almost 3years now. She used to be my media box but I switched it to one of my old school Alienware Aurora cases. I'm getting ready to move so it's boxed up now.

First post. Absolutely amazing setups in here. My humble abode...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'm pretty certain that you are big time racing fan. :D

First post. Absolutely amazing setups in here. My humble abode:

Nice setup. Good choice in racing, too. I enjoyed the 24 this past weekend, but can't wait for Sebring. Watching is way easier than participating (crew chief for a team that ran the 25 Hours of Thunderhill this year)

yep Antec Skeleton :) I've had her for almost 3years now. She used to be my media box but I switched it to one of my old school Alienware Aurora cases. I'm getting ready to move so it's boxed up now.
Man, that is awesome! I love it. Too bad they're all $150+ on eBay, that'd be sweet for a secondary rig.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'm pretty certain that you are big time racing fan. :D
You don't know the half of it....:p
Nice setup. Good choice in racing, too. I enjoyed the 24 this past weekend, but can't wait for Sebring. Watching is way easier than participating (crew chief for a team that ran the 25 Hours of Thunderhill this year)
My dream is to work on a DP(GA) or GTE(ALMS) team. I'm a Mechanical Engineering student (senior) right now, and I'd love to be a team engineer one day. Driving is cool and all, but I don't have the natural talent to be a driver, nor did my parents have the money to push me through karting and all from a young age. So engineer was the next logical choice.

Updated for 2012 finally. I don't think I posted last year...Moved three states over and up, never fully setup the office until a year later.

{snip}
If you can't tell, currently attempting to fix the T61P. It's got some weird issues I've never seen before...

video issues? corruption or hard locks?

If you can't tell, currently attempting to fix the T61P. It's got some weird issues I've never seen before...

What kind of issues are you finding? I have to work on these at work a lot, thought I might be of some assistance :D

Lil update this year. Still want to purchase 1 more 24inch monitor to do portrait eyefinity.
DSC01133.jpg

&

DSC01132.jpg

Still need some longer cable to clean up under my desk but over all I'm happy with my build.

workstation.jpg

video issues? corruption or hard locks?

What kind of issues are you finding? I have to work on these at work a lot, thought I might be of some assistance :D

I'll shoot you guys a PM with info. Basically an issue it shutting off during a restart and I have to unplug, remove battery and hold power button for like 10 seconds every time to restart. I haven't figured it out.

Nice setup. Nice mousepad...you happen to attend Rennsport? That's where I got my copy of that one.

Wow! great eye, I did not expect anyone to notice the mousepad. I did not attend Rennsport, Porsche just sent me it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back