Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaira

n00b
trading-desk-multiple-monitors.jpg

Not mine but really cool...great way to start off an epic year

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW !!

Here's my crappy desk with my new dual 24" monitors.

DSCN1531.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to start this thread....then I couldn't get any good pics of my setup. Boo. Maybe tomorrow!

Edit: Alright, quick not good lighting, aka cellphone pic:

Xzdl2.jpg

yC2TQ.jpg

Last edited:
2011-12-31%25252021.54.23.jpg

Ignore the dirty mouse pad and ghetto desk...the mouse pad is one of many...the desk is old, flimsy, and will be replaced in the not too distant future.

Until I can get some better photos up, I'm going to reserve the spot with this one:

Y85w3.jpg

Last edited:
Last year

img9441w.jpg

Compared to last year, I got a new desk and computer - including walls and carpet. No new digital camera though - I may go digital camera shopping tomorrow.

^^^

Its been a year and you haven't gone camera shopping yet? lol

What monitors are those? They're very...large.

^^^

Its been a year and you haven't gone camera shopping yet? lol

What monitors are those? They're very...large.
A new digital camera wasn't too high on my list of items (especially after 11 months being unemployed).

The speakers are JBL LSR4328P and the subwoofer is the JBL LSR4312SP. The LSR4328P is 17.25" tall - and I have the 27" iMac.

Starting to play iracing. There's a HUD for the ipad that I have to say works great with no lag. Got a kindle fire, it's an OK device. Plays movies well. The MacBook AIR is last years gift to me. Still sporting the ol' Cooler-master 830. Been very good to me. The sig denotes the rest of the system. As for Nvidia surround, I love it for BF3. I do however finally feel the need to upgrade video cards now as a result. That feeling has evaded me for quite some time since my 480s have treated me well for a while.

Other than that, the setup remains similar--just in a new thread.

img0510eq.jpg
img0525m.jpg

img0535sn.jpg
img0540l.jpg

img0549xe.jpg

Aw man, hopefully I can get mine up tomorrow. Nice desks everyone!

trading-desk-multiple-monitors.jpg

I would love to have a job/business that requires (and pays for) a badass display setup like that.

Now, all that setup needs is four of the upcoming Sapphire 7970 Eyefinity6 Flex 6GB cards (or maybe some 12GB E6 7990s), and everything will be right in the world.

http://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/trading-desk-multiple-monitors.jpg

I would love to have a job/business that requires (and pays for) a badass display setup like that.

Now, all that setup needs is four of the upcoming Sapphire 7970 Eyefinity6 Flex 6GB cards (or maybe some 12GB E6 7990s), and everything will be right in the world.

Before any 7970 or 7990 this setup needs a new room ... and before than it needs a new keyboard & mouse ;)

My mobile workstation. I didn't know a few prebuilt configurations would come with a backlit keyboard.

workstation2012placehol.jpg

img14102upload.jpg

img14104upload.jpg

Haven't posted here for a while, so I figure Jan 1 is a good time to get in.

This is my main workstation.
post-Centre.jpg

I had problems getting it all in the shot, so here are more views...

Left:
post-Left.jpg

Right:
post-Right.jpg

Top Right:
post-RightTop.jpg

Rack:
post-Rack.jpg

People ask me what I do with this. Well, here's what it looks like when I'm working on it.

Centre:
use-centre.jpg

Left:
use-left.jpg

Right:
use-right.jpg

Some Specs:

Main computer:
Intel i950, Dual ATI 5770, 24gb, LianLi PC70. Monitors are 3x24" 1920x1200 (1 Samsung SA850, 2 Samsung T240HD), 2x1920x1080 Portrait mode (2x Asus VH242H), 1x 1680x1050 (Upper Right, Acer X223w), Win7-64bit

Dev computer:
Intel [email protected], GeForce GTX 295. 8gb, Drives the upper centre monitor - a 1920x1080 Samsung 2243, as well as 2 of the main 24" monitors, switched. Win7-64bit Japanese, Ubuntu 11.10.

File Server:
Intel e5200, 4gb. 12 HD totalling ~20tb of drive space.

The main monitor is switched to other computers via a 4 port DVI KVM switch.

The upper left monitor has another computer that's currently sick, and thus is offline.

The desk is a antique oak desk. I built the hutch and "wings" with my farmer-level carpentry - Thus they're 3/4" plywood and 2x4s, and strong enough to drive a train over. The upper centre monitor mount is of similar construction, and hinged with chains to allow different angles.

Here's my game computer.

Sorry - desk is a mess. The machine was out of commission for a while and I haven't finished getting everything back in order.

game-centre.jpg

game-computer.jpg

The middle monitor is the Asus Nvidia 3d Monitor, the side monitors are Asus 23.5" monitors, and the tv is 32". They're all driven by an i7 950 with a Corsair H70 for cooling, 2 GTX 580s in SLI, and a GTS 450 handling PhysX. The stand is another farmer special custom construction.

Last edited:
Will change further in to the new year as I will be moving house and have a dedicated office rather than a corner of a room, will hopefully go down the custom desk route.

IMG_20120101_102237.jpg

This is my gaming station and "real" workstation. Keeping it simple with a solid piece of wood from Ikea (I think its wood :confused:)

office_wide.png

Big windows help when I have to work from home, I feel like I'm outdoors!

office_tall.png

Closet server (Dell Precision 390):

office_closet.png

What is on those screens and why would anyone need 24 of them? Stock market stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back