Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this setup is worth posting.. It is Hanz Zimmer's actual Workstation.

I think making award winning Movie Soundtracks must pay a LOT.

If I could find one thing to fault it would be the wiring closet.
If you're going to display your stuff like that at least do a better job managing the wires/cables in there. And the two unracked switches at the top make things look even worse.

That said, the rest of that setup is EPIC!!! :eek:

Pardon my Sketchup abilities.

utQrx.png

It also looks like Mr. Zimmer has a thing for old cheap mice. I sweat that's a red bottomed Microsoft mouse from 10 years ago, and a old corded blue Logitech two button as well.

Pardon my Sketchup abilities.

snip

is that for eyefinity? if so you might want to make the hutch a little deeper or you might not get the wrap around you need. looks nice though. dont forget to plan in some cable management in back! :)

is that for eyefinity? if so you might want to make the hutch a little deeper or you might not get the wrap around you need. looks nice though. dont forget to plan in some cable management in back! :)

Desk's already done, lol.

Yeah, you can use 10" for the hutch if you want. I have my triple 24's in it now and it wraps around okay with just a slight hangover off the shelf. Depends on the displays you use. I also have the cable management handled. ;)

Now I am trying to plan out installing some in-desk hubs and hiding the wiring inside the actual door.

psodL.jpg

If you're going to display your stuff like that at least do a better job managing the wires/cables in there. And the two unracked switches at the top make things look even worse.

Right, but if you look his other switches are already full and there is no more rack space. They had to go somewhere. I'm sure another rack will make it in there eventually. When there is work to be done and money to be made you do what you gotta do.

It wasn't meant to be refined. If it was I wouldn't have used 2x4's and a hollow door. This is just temporary until I get my house bought and can build a bigger, nicer desk.

CI3hdl.jpg

Here's my current setup, I just got the desk recently off craigslist for $40! Been meaning to post for a while after being inspired by all the setups here, just not much free time.

snappp

Here's my current setup, I just got the desk recently off craigslist for $40! Been meaning to post for a while after being inspired by all the setups here, just not much free time.

Why don't you put monitors in the middle?

yeah thats a tad messy, but if you were making epic music, you wouldn't have time to spend making everything neat when you are changing things all the time for different projects...

:D

Having several friends and even family members in the recording industry, I can tell you they tend to be a bit too, how shall I say it, scatterbrained to worry about things such as cable management.

Not really sure where to post this, so apologies in advance.

Does anyone know where I one could order a desk like this I have one back in the UK and desperately want one like it again = (

yes my desk is tiny.... once we move and get another room i can get a bigger desk and a couple more monitors perhaps. if i don't let my wife know that is, might be hard to hide those though eh?

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

Looks like it would be more prone to being hit or knocked down since there is an entry way to what appears to be a bathroom leading beside it.

Yes you are correct, next to it is a washroom and in the mornings I am not the most alert person. I am afraid I might knock it over accidentally :p

Here is my completed workstation. I finished my new build last week, so I figured it was time to post a pic here showing everything together.

Just picked up a Dell U3011, to use as my main display. Using a Dell 2007FP on each side rotated in portrait for a total resolution of 4,960 x 1,600. Also using a LED strip on the back of the 30in (powered by a USB connection) to give off some ambient lighting for late night gaming sessions with the rest of the lights off in the home office. Currently have a piece of blue film over the LEDs to give off a blue glow.

7898425406_0ffe247817_b.jpg

I purchased the desk while in college, and it has been with me through a few moves since then. Its a Southampton Right Desk and Return, with accompanying Hutch.
To check out the build log to the PC on the right, hit up the following link.
Project Bright Panel: 800D, Liquid Cooled, Illuminated Mid Panel

Your roomy needs to up his chair game, that is assuming you are the resident of the left side setup.

Great setup by the way!

haha ya he does. He is planning to shortly. I need to fix mine too. It is broken and stuck as low as it goes....not cool for a Herman Miller chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back