Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually make fun of people for product placement on their desk, but I guarantee there's a few sam adams on my desk at home right now lol

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
dosequis_interesting.jpg

Dos Equis is nasty.

But no, there isn't any "product placement" going on. It's a functioning desk and an open space to put my hard liquor and to keep drinks I'm drinking. I didn't clean up my desk just to post here; thats's how it usually looks.

I can't preach to everyone individually so instead I put together this little graphic showing the best way to set up stereo speakers. Keeping the distance from the wall is really the hardest part but does wonders on managing reflections.

SpeakerPlacementMK3.png

So if from the center of the left speaker to the center of the right speaker is six feet(72") then you can sit no closer then three feet(36") and no further then six feet(72") from the star(which represents the center of the sound-field) The ten degree angle is constant.

Nice picture, but it really does depend on the room itself, what speakers and how you want to hear the music. It's personal preference.
I have mine about 10" from the wall, but then again i have invested in acoustic materials.

Telling us how to place speakers instead of advising just makes you sound like a complete douche.

Telling us how to place speakers instead of advising just makes you sound like a complete douche.

That picture is my advice. If I quoted every picture of a desk with the speakers in the completely wrong spot and told them to change it I would be a douche.

That picture is my advice. If I quoted every picture of a desk with the speakers in the completely wrong spot and told them to change it I would be a douche.

Re-read that post, you're coming across like thisis THE way to have it. You even said that you can 't preach to individuals so you made the picture (to preach to everyone) and labelled the drawing "proper speaker placement and positioning"

Regardless of which, i may agree generally with the post, but it really does depend on the entire setup including speakers, room, walls, desk isolation and the listener.

Last edited:
Who acc give a flying f**k, if you havent the space what are you to do ? Huh ?

I can understand giving a fuck about your own setup but what I don't get is how so many people seem genuinely irritated by the speaker placement of others.

Posted the same thing in the display setup thread.

Datanurkka1.jpg

More cable management is needed.

Very nice setup. Cant wait to build a new multimonitor setup when 120Hz becomes more widely available. What do you use to drive your K701s? Those need good amplification.

Who acc give a flying f**k, if you havent the space what are you to do ? Huh ?

I can understand giving a fuck about your own setup but what I don't get is how so many people seem genuinely irritated by the speaker placement of others.

Look, I care. If I didn't care I wouldn't say anything or try to help.. but I do. I mean I just wanted to give people a starting point to a better listening experience. If you don't give a shit, ignore. If you think your music sounds weird or have no idea about speaker placement, embrace the help, but don't get irate because of it.

Look, I care. If I didn't care I wouldn't say anything or try to help.. but I do. I mean I just wanted to give people a starting point to a better listening experience. If you don't give a shit, ignore. If you think your music sounds weird or have no idea about speaker placement, embrace the help, but don't get irate because of it.

It just goes to show how no matter what your intentions there are people out there that take anything wrong.. Like i have stated before, its the internet, people shouldn't get so mad over what one person posted.

never once did this guy say NO YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY. He suggested what he finds to be the best sounding experience. If you disagree you disagree but don't have a cow over it. nobody is holding a gun to your head.

You guys all crack me up with the insane rage. Get over it sheesh..

This is my desk at my work.. Its cramped and little.

208520f0.jpg

8bc96b0c.jpg

Last edited:

'No good deed goes unpunished' they say.

I appreciate you bringing it up. :) I messed around with my speaker setup a little per that diagram to get them a bit farther away and they sound better now.

Well then i'll give this thread a shot:

IMG_0185.jpg

This is my entertainment room. It's very messy(I need to clean up) and a wire-management nightmare. However the room will soon be renovated so the pink carpet will be gone and the wires will be cleaned up. On the rightmost of the image you see part of an LCD monitor, that's for the guest computer so I wont bring it up any further. Also the TV and the second monitor are turned off, but they are both connected to my PC. :)

----------------

IMG_0186.jpg

TOP: BELL HD sattelite receiver/PVR connected to a WD elements external 1tb HD
Bottom: LG 1000 watt 5.1 surround sound unit. Metal sounds amazing with this beast when paired with my X-Fi :D

--------------

IMG_0187.jpg

32 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p

-------------

IMG_0189.jpg

My PC in a cooler Master HAF X as well as my PS3. My xbox is buried to the right under two boxes lol.

----------------

IMG_0190.jpg

A closer view of my two monitors.

----------------------

IMG_0191.jpg

Logitech G5 and G15.

---------------------

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/Upsh1ft/IMG_0192.jpg

My windows background/dream car

--------------------

IMG_0193.jpg

Finally, for what it's worth, my windows 7 score.

I would quote everyone that is arguing over speaker placement but feel it would take up half of this page. So why does everyone get so up in arms and take speaker placement as a personal attack? Not only in this section but over in 'Show Your LCD Setup' as well.

If their speakers are wrong and the music sucks, their is a search feature or an entire section for audio. We want to see workstations! :D

Here we go again, nothing special....:p
Over the year I got a new stereo system, mouse keyboard..
dscn0652res.jpg

dscn0653res.jpg

Lol, if you think my speaker placement is poor then say something to me directly instead of acting passively aggressive about how others do things that don't affect you.

Can you guys take the speaker thing to the PMs? None of us really want to sit here while you e-dick your knowledge of acoustics. We're here to see workstations.

I think people are getting annoyed over you preaching and lecturing speakers in a "Post your workstation 2010" thread.

Take it to the respective section.

Very nice and clean setup. If you would hide the cable from the left M-Audio speaker, it would be perfect ;)

Hm unfortunately the black cable isn't long enough from that speaker all the way to the computer on the right to be out of view :X

Edit: Oh nevermind. I just re-wired it and it's out of the way :| Satisfactory? :p Now I just need a wireless mouse and wires would be gone!

workstation%2003.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back