Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4234827061_f87bf3e0a6_o.jpg
Interesting. :confused:

@ dslrjunkie

IMHO, the bezels would get too distracting for gameplay... but it looks cool as hell

@ dslrjunkie

IMHO, the bezels would get too distracting for gameplay... but it looks cool as hell

I've gamed on a triple monitor setup before. At first it bugged me, but after about 5 minutes, you really don't notice the bezels anymore. They don't make you miss anything, and most of the action takes place on the center monitor anyway (aiming/shooting etc). The side monitors are just for peripheral vision and game immersion. Actually works pretty well.

I tried gaming on a dual LCD setup, but the two bezels right down the center of my field of vision drove me nuts. I imagine a triple monitor setup would work a lot better.

I tried gaming on a dual LCD setup, but the two bezels right down the center of my field of vision drove me nuts. I imagine a triple monitor setup would work a lot better.

How many games actually properly work and render on all 3 screens? I considered doing a setup like this but from what I saw it looks like only a very limited number of games allow rendering on all 3 screens, is that outdated info?

How many games actually properly work and render on all 3 screens? I considered doing a setup like this but from what I saw it looks like only a very limited number of games allow rendering on all 3 screens, is that outdated info?

Very. Have you not heard of Eyefinity?

@ dslrjunkie

then perhaps youre not the market eyefinity is aiming for using it and just looking at it is two different things

The Main System:

Orion.jpg

Side.jpg

Desktop.jpg

Monitors.jpg

The Secondary Computer:

Apollo.jpg

Desktop.jpg

There's a spot for my laptop that I never use there, it's just there to charge. I normally use it in front of the TV. It's just an HP NC6400 and not work taking a pic of.

The DOS Box:

DOS%20Box.jpg

Doom%20In%20Widescreen.jpg

The Work Room:

The laptops are customer systems.

Work%20Room.jpg

The system on the bench is my HTPC build. Just waiting on the MOBO.

Work%20Bench.jpg

The computers are top are customer systems and the ones on the bottom are three of my older systems.

Old%20Computers.jpg

@ dslrjunkie

You don't even notice them. All you notice is that guy right in front of you that your getting ready to peg in the head . :D

This is in my bedroom, but I will be moving across the hall where I will have both a bedroom and an office. But I won't post pictures till I take at least one trip to Ikea and a carpet store.

IMG_0053-1.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Here is mine...Old school but functional....

dscf6258crop.jpg

dscf6259crop.jpg

Before i will post another shots when i have all the work done , my laptop here and all the stuff in places.:D

Here's mine:

101_0367.jpg

It's a mess, and I've been really busy lately, with little time to go through this stuff... and to top it off, my wife just comes and piles more stuff up all the time...

I'm thinking of getting a second 17 inch crt sony monitor so I can go dual display. I see a lot of people with dual displays around here! I got to dig up a PCI gfx card. Off to ebay.

Reserved. ;)

I just ordered a new monitor for my wife's rig, so I'll be gaining a 19" to sit vertical next to my 24".

Then I'll post some 2010 pics!

ah 2010...now I shall have to reorganise and re-post thanks to getting yet more ideas from these threads!!!

Steelpad QCK

QCK Heavy, but close enough :D

Also it is a battery backup and logitech sub under the desk. There's also the router attached to the support of the desk and a file server in the corner.

I'm thinking of getting a second 17 inch crt sony monitor so I can go dual display. I see a lot of people with dual displays around here! I got to dig up a PCI gfx card. Off to ebay.

nice setup...circa 1995?

Here's my home set-up, finally picked out the new monitor. :D

Chair blocking:

DSC_3636.jpg

Chair gone:

DSC_3631.jpg

blackacidevil, looks like somebody hasn't cleaned the dust filter on their Antec Three Hundred for a while :p

Here's my home set-up, finally picked out the new monitor. :D

Chair blocking:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/SL_Audio/XYZ%20Assorted%20Pictures/Home%20Pictures/DSC_3636.jpg/IMG]

Chair gone:

[IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/SL_Audio/XYZ%20Assorted%20Pictures/Home%20Pictures/DSC_3631.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

I hope you scoot your chair back when using those speakers. They are in the worst place for proper listening when you are at your desk. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back