Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leveled tripod is probably the easiest method, lock the tilt and just use the pan to move it...

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

Thats it for 08!

Heres my final 08' setup. I'm currently fixing the painting that was hanging above in the previous picture.

I'm in the process of figuring out my home theater stuff for the new year, I'll probably be waiting for the '09 thread to show it off though :p

Gonna do another panoramic of the room, those are fun.

Been loving the new 37" Samsung LCD HDTV, it's really made me a lot more interested in playing my consoles and watching all those anime's I've got stored up.

I've also got a new Netgear 8-port 1000/100/10 switch (GS108T) to play with for the new year when I get all the wiring figured out :p

Also an i7 upgrade is just awaiting some buffer funding, and then I play to transform this setup into a secondary machine in a Lian-Li A05B, which is a case I LOVE and have wanted to play with for a long time!

Here's the new TV setup though, notice I've been pulling all the wires across the room to hook up the laptop to use with it, I'll be investing in bluetooth peripherals for it soon here as well, and that'll clean things up significantly!

trs_new_tv.jpg

I spy the Totally Rad Show.

I have the same TV it's very nice :)

Yeah, I love it! It was my combo birthday/christmas present

TRS FTW!

I met the 3 guys at PAX08 and took the standard 'hand blow up pound' picture with the three of them, they're very cool guys.

There are some def awesome rigs on this thread!

Here is an update of my rig, specs are in my sig! Let me know what you think! i will be upgrading to more memory and maybe a thermal take big water for cpu cooling in the near future is finances are willing!

3145971386_eaacb5b07b_b.jpg

3145971488_c6333c1fa0_o.jpg

3145139779_c7a12ca572_o.jpg

l

o

3145139875_834dbe6040_o.jpg

3145139995_f948a4e289_o.jpg

^what's your desktop wallpaper? for a second i thought it was a picture of the large hadron collider.

lt_shiro: My Cables arnt that bad! They have been worse mind you! I will be fixing up the cables as soon as i know hwere i am going with this build! I have a few ideas swirling in my head... But i will get on it!

dystopic: Its an Image from CGtalk, I cant rem the link off hand, but if you want i can have a look for it!

I'll save everyone the trouble...

Tony: Where did you get that light saber battle wallpaper????? If Yoda used curse words, he'd say something like this: "Too fucking cool, that is!!"

I have a 'single' of the desk that tonyh21 has, I can't for the life of me remember where I got it though lol. I'm thinking Office Depot? I really have no idea though.

It looks like he bought two and modified them to fit together? Because I don't remember there being a double long version, and he appears to be missing the legs in the middle or something...

Of course I could be totally wrong about that...

I don't really like this desk that much though, the glass is sort of warped on one side and I guess I never noticed it so much cause I was always away at college, and it's a bitch to clean for some reason... Also they have these two metal bars for supports in the back to keep it from swaying from side to side, ugh, I lost one of those when I moved my room all around and was without it for a number of months, my god it was terrible, desk always rocking back and forth with even the slightest nudge, so annoying... that's about the time I started putting my tower under it for fear of it rolling off.

I'll save everyone the trouble...

Tony: Where did you get that light saber battle wallpaper????? If Yoda used curse words, he'd say something like this: "Too fucking cool, that is!!"

http://rotane.deviantart.com/art/Jedi-vs-Sith-WP-pack-single-20636660

SolidBladez- I believe it was from either office max or office depot, but I doubt they sell the same model anymore. I didn't lose my middle leg, but like Optional87 said...it can be a pain to clean (It gets dirty very easily).

SolidBladez- I believe it was from either office max or office depot, but I doubt they sell the same model anymore. I didn't lose my middle leg, but like Optional87 said...it can be a pain to clean (It gets dirty very easily).

Ah... :(

All the good stuff always gets discontinued. :/

My Updated Setup (Hehe - Dont mind the mess, I am working on multiple things)

001qm9.jpg

002mv0.jpg

This picture, below, is of the new External I picked up today - its awesome!
003wo8.jpg

This picture, below, is of the CB Scanner that I now am in possession of
004xi4.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

I just ordered new headphones and an amp (AKG K701 and Little Dot MK III) so I'll post up pictures when I get those ;)

Hidden are my two PCs (see signature) and 1TB Time Capsule.

Arg, my Aunt and Uncle live in Seattle. :/

hahahaha.

seriously, i would love a reason to get a new desk.

*snip*

I just ordered new headphones and an amp (AKG K701 and Little Dot MK III) so I'll post up pictures when I get those ;)

Hidden are my two PCs (see signature) and 1TB Time Capsule.

I'd love to see pics of the AKG K701's, I have ATH-A900's myself, and love those to death.

I tried some AKG K271's but they just didn't work with my head, maybe a picture of you actually wearing them so I can get some idea?

Home on leave and all my stuff is back in texas, 1600 miles away:(

When i get it all back here itll be as follows:

Main PC:
q94xx
4gb Gskill
4850 1gb
GABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R mobo
640aaks
CM 690
Corsair 550
2x24" SOYO monitors

Old P4 machine for messing around with
32" Sharp AQUOS HDTV for ps3 and 360
32" or > 1080p TV(Not yet bought, will take suggestions though:D) for HD receiver and WDTV
Asus m50 lappy

Will update with pics when im back home for good.

After stalking this forum, and the Workstation threads in particular for the last 2 some-odd years, I'm pretty excited to post my humble set up in the '09 thread. I wish I would have taken a picture of my other Jerker before I set up the new one for comparison '08 - '09....oh well.

My contribution of the year.. hasnt really changed much over the year besides the location of it.. but here it is

3154731971_5715cc3f51.jpg

Hope everyone had a kickass 2008 and an even better 2009!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back