Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, its the Logitech G25:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104028

I love it. Very realistic, and a whole lot of fun!

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Boston makes some good speakers! Those 2.1 speakers I have are pretty decent. Too bad that in two days they are being replaced with Z-5500s! ;)

I've never played any of them car games but man I loved a few on console gaming... That G25 set really looks hot and makes me want to try it out :x

Indeed, its the Logitech G25:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104028

I love it. Very realistic, and a whole lot of fun!

[IG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/IMG_0543.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/IMG_0542.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/IMG_0545.jpg[/IMG]

Is the clutch act like a real car would at all? and does the shifter feel like its not going to break in half when u shift?

btw people this is how you quote someone and ask them a question.. no need to have 2 pages of pics on one persons setup!

Is the clutch act like a real car would at all? and does the shifter feel like its not going to break in half when u shift?

btw people this is how you quote someone and ask them a question.. no need to have 2 pages of pics on one persons setup!

I'll answer that the best I can for you:

The clutch works just like a real car (The intensity/sensitivity varies by game) as far as if you release it slow, the motor engages slower, or if you pop the clutch the car takes off. You cant actually feel the car through the pedal like you can in a real car, but you can only expect so much out of a game, and the time/money it would take to design the pedals to actually do that would make the G25 a lot more expensive. A part of the G25s features that a lot of people dont know is that the pedals are spring loaded, so the gas is very light and feathery like a real car, the brakes are stiff and get progressively stiffer, and the clutch is a mix between the two.

With the shifter, as long as you secure it WELL to whatever you are mounting it on, it feels sturdy. Although, the shifter feels a little loose (As opposed to in a real car, how you can feel the slight resistance of the transmission as you move the stick) and makes it feel a little un-realistic. To be perfectly honest though, when your actually playing a game with 24 cars surrounding you, the noise cranked up, TCS, ABS, and STM off, and the wheels force feedback turned up all the way (I'll get to that in a second) it doesn't even cross your mind.

The best part of the G25 to me is the actual wheel itself, hand-stitched leather, stainless steel Paddle shifts/center, and extremely strong force feedback. I am suprised, that when you unbox this thing they do not have some sort of sticker/notification telling you not to stick your hand in the wheel while it is on or before you hit the power switch on your computer. This flippin thing could snap your arm if you arent careful! Also, when the wheel calibrates when you turn the computer on, it will catch you by surprise if you are touching/leaning on the wheel.

Sorry for the essay lol.

dannggg.. you make me wanna get one. Its been.. years since i've tried a racing wheel!

Wanna write my next essay for school? just kiddin'.. hha

I'll answer that the best I can for you:

The clutch works just like a real car (The intensity/sensitivity varies by game) as far as if you release it slow, the motor engages slower, or if you pop the clutch the car takes off. You cant actually feel the car through the pedal like you can in a real car, but you can only expect so much out of a game, and the time/money it would take to design the pedals to actually do that would make the G25 a lot more expensive. A part of the G25s features that a lot of people dont know is that the pedals are spring loaded, so the gas is very light and feathery like a real car, the brakes are stiff and get progressively stiffer, and the clutch is a mix between the two.

With the shifter, as long as you secure it WELL to whatever you are mounting it on, it feels sturdy. Although, the shifter feels a little loose (As opposed to in a real car, how you can feel the slight resistance of the transmission as you move the stick) and makes it feel a little un-realistic. To be perfectly honest though, when your actually playing a game with 24 cars surrounding you, the noise cranked up, TCS, ABS, and STM off, and the wheels force feedback turned up all the way (I'll get to that in a second) it doesn't even cross your mind.

The best part of the G25 to me is the actual wheel itself, hand-stitched leather, stainless steel Paddle shifts/center, and extremely strong force feedback. I am suprised, that when you unbox this thing they do not have some sort of sticker/notification telling you not to stick your hand in the wheel while it is on or before you hit the power switch on your computer. This flippin thing could snap your arm if you arent careful! Also, when the wheel calibrates when you turn the computer on, it will catch you by surprise if you are touching/leaning on the wheel.

Sorry for the essay lol.

that pretty much answers any questions i may have had about the G25..too bad that Gran turismo or Forza series aren't made on the PC!

dannggg.. you make me wanna get one. Its been.. years since i've tried a racing wheel!

Wanna write my next essay for school? just kiddin'.. hha

Do it! You wont be disapointed.

Sure, as long as you pay $0.10 a letter, hahaha.

that pretty much answers any questions i may have had about the G25..too bad that Gran turismo or Forza series aren't made on the PC!

Don't let that stop you, my favorite game is GT-R Evolution, and its definitely better than Forza and has to be atleast on par with Gran Turismo.

Honestly GT5 and Forza are over rated compared to GTR, GTR 2, Rfactor, and GT-Revolution I have a PS3 and GT5, I can safely say it's about as realistic as Mario Cart, great eye candy, but the cars don't handle or behave as they do in real life.

imma guess 32, based on the size relation to his tower.

Yeah looks like a 32" with the G15 there. 720p though?

32" 1080P's cost an arm and a leg compared to the 720P one's, but still as a TV for umm, TV and consoles and such you wouldn't be able to tell at that small of a screen size, but for desktop/pc use the obvious resolution difference is a downside, some people just don't care, plus at a lower resolution you can up other detail enhancements and you'll get better performance overall from a highly spec'd card. I've got a 37" Sammy 1080P LCD that I hook my MBP up to for media/htpc uses, but otherwise even at that size if I hadn't planned on using it for a computer screen on the side, I probably would have been happy with 720P.

32" 1080P's cost an arm and a leg compared to the 720P one's, but still as a TV for umm, TV and consoles and such you wouldn't be able to tell at that small of a screen size, but for desktop/pc use the obvious resolution difference is a downside, some people just don't care, plus at a lower resolution you can up other detail enhancements and you'll get better performance overall from a highly spec'd card. I've got a 37" Sammy 1080P LCD that I hook my MBP up to for media/htpc uses, but otherwise even at that size if I hadn't planned on using it for a computer screen on the side, I probably would have been happy with 720P.

To each their own... Personally I'm getting sick of only 1080p on a 32" screen about 2.5 feet away. All the modern higher end cards (4850/9800+) can run 1080p high details fine so that isn't much an argument.

To each their own... Personally I'm getting sick of only 1080p on a 32" screen about 2.5 feet away. All the modern higher end cards (4850/9800+) can run 1080p high details fine so that isn't much an argument.

Meh. My 8800GT is still pretty mainstream (9800GT is the same, etc..) and it sees it's wear just above 1680x1050, but plays the games I do play just fine at 19x12 without issue.

I wouldn't throw anything too hard at it and expect magical amazing results.

Curry legs from IKEA, Natural aspen wood table top finished by me. Very satisfied. I'll be adding two more for a U-shape workstaion.

I was between that and 5500's but I went 5500. And mainly because it matches the rest of my workstation - Black/silver. But man... the whiteness on them swans sure does look clean as hell.

All these rigs put me to shame. I just lounge around the house with my m1330 lol. Awesome rigs btw... Everyone... Sexy.

If my launch center (AKA: Computer Room) didnt have 3 computers in it already due to myself, fiance, roommate, and possibly 4th roommate, I would post pictures of my rig. Perhaps at some point when I can icolate just my setup, I will post pictures. I've been dyin to do so for SO long. =/

At least I can look at my sig and say it's a pretty decent one. :D

Happy New Year everybody. Here's my little work... er.... funstation...

Here's my new 22" HP and my new keyboard, got these for Christmas...
00005.jpg

00002.jpg

I plan on getting everything arranged better, and I need a few more components to fill the empty spaces on my audio rack thingy... but I have almost got this room cleaned from all the rearranging.

What wallpaper is that on your new 22"? I want it. =/ I know it's a year late in asking, but what the hell, right? :p

My new Antec 1200 audio/photo/gaming workstation.
Monitor is unfortunately a 19" Samsung syncmaster for now, but am upgrading to a Viewsonic 28" as soon as the funds become available.

Intel Q6600
EVGA GTX260 core216- upgrading to GTX295 when it becomes available
Gigabyte UD3R
8gb G.skill DDR1000
3.5TB WD harddrive space
Samsung DVD-RW
Adding Mediacard reader and Bluray drive in the future
Behringer external audio interface
Quattro 1000W psu

n38008586_32386419_6160.jpg

n38008586_32386420_4581.jpg

n38008586_32386427_2988.jpg

n38008586_32386428_3327.jpg

sound:
2 Behringer 215As- 450W per cabinet (15" woofers, titanium horn drivers- modified with toshiba transistors)
1 Mackie S218S 2000W 18" subwoofer- powered by Europower 2500 2400W amplifier
All sound running out of Behringer UCA-202 into Denon DNX1500S digital mixer

I like it.

^ Quite an Apple fan, eh? haha. You by any chance have a link to that dual-monitor wallpaper in the first pic? Thanks in advance.

ahhh, shun the G4. :p I had 1 year of nightmares with one of those in a TV studio. Never again. =/

man... i wouldn't want to put a PC next to speakers that large without adding some extra EMI shielding. it's not something i normally worry about, but those look like they mean business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back