• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I just have a plugin for the web browser that shows the directories/contents of all the websites I visit. :p
 
Can't share it. I am using it through an internal company and it is licensed and specifically made for them.
 
Can't share it. I am using it through an internal company and it is licensed and specifically made for them.

Im gonna take a wild guess and say that means no? hehe

here is my work station. she gets the job done.. but a bigger desk would be nice

macro004-1.jpg
 
I've decided against a 30", and went and got this 42"PFL7422D philips for a great price. I'll still buy a plasma for other uses though, and a better camera, this one is only good for out doors/ close-ups.


Just for kicks and laughs, Close up quality:

 
workinprogress.jpg


the computer is a supermicro C2BSE mobo (p35 with 4 PCI slots)
xeon 3210 quad
4GB
creamware scope pro x2 creamware pulsar 2 witgh a total of 36 DSPs
silent gigabyte 8600 passive
its partly visible at the bottom right. is on a rubber suspended rack to keep ot quiet.

outboard

Radikal Spectralis
dave smith Evolver
Behringer BCR-2000
Behringer BCF-2000
future retro revolution
Roland VG-99
82 fender strat modified for vg-99 and something else


a lot to do to it , but at least everything works ! Scope sounds AMAZING !
poor spectralis sitting on milk cartons.
and dont worry those are not the final speakers
 
DeFex... nice audio setup you got there. I have a Korg TR-61 that I need to get out of the back room. Old crates FTW ;) I used to have a little studio I rigged up for recording vocals and all I used was old crates and cinder blocks :D
 
Hell, at one point while I was in college, I swore I could build a complete home just out of milk crates and cinder blocks! Much harder to do outside of my workshop now that I'm married!
 
I came across a thread like this ages ago (2006/2007). Didn't have the heart to post my setup then, but I worked hard and here it is:

bureau1.jpg

The UTP cable that can be seen below the desk at the back (along the wall) is where I hook up my laptop (from work), when needed. It runs to a gbit switch. I routed all the (other) cables through loosely tightened tie wraps (so they each form a ring hanging under the desk). Together they make for a perfect cable duct that you can still pull cables through without too much trouble. I mounted power distributors under the desk, again using tie wraps. No cables on the floor!

bureau2.jpg

HP 30" and two 19" TFTs that I got from work. The left most 19" is used by my linux machine, running my FTP server. I have another one of those 19" but the system that will use it is still in the planning stages.

I just got this desk from an online auction. One of those companies that do the annoying long TV commercials about fitness equipment and so on, went bankrupt. I had to drive a long way and took a day off. Had to take it apart to get it in the van, and then reassembled it here. It's actually two desks, they join in the middle (just left of my HP 30" TFT). Height adjustable with a lever on either desk. If you're interested, the make is Aspa, model E-motion (probably an older model though). I got it for just EUR 300,-.

The speakers are two Labtec 2.1 sets, hence the two subwoofers. The sattellite speakers of the second set are 'behind me', on the wall. One set goes into the front soundcard output, the other in the rear.
 
Latest iteration;
setup_april_08.jpg


My new IBM P275, Saitek Eclipse (original) & Kensington Expert Mouse trackball;
setup_03_april_08.jpg


Arch64 linux box on left, m0n0wall + switch + UPS (for both machines) on right;
setup_02_april_08.jpg
 
can i get links to those last two threads mentioned? im lost on this site, lol
 
I came across a thread like this ages ago (2006/2007). Didn't have the heart to post my setup then, but I worked hard and here it is:

The UTP cable that can be seen below the desk at the back (along the wall) is where I hook up my laptop (from work), when needed. It runs to a gbit switch. I routed all the (other) cables through loosely tightened tie wraps (so they each form a ring hanging under the desk). Together they make for a perfect cable duct that you can still pull cables through without too much trouble. I mounted power distributors under the desk, again using tie wraps. No cables on the floor!

HP 30" and two 19" TFTs that I got from work. The left most 19" is used by my linux machine, running my FTP server. I have another one of those 19" but the system that will use it is still in the planning stages.

I just got this desk from an online auction. One of those companies that do the annoying long TV commercials about fitness equipment and so on, went bankrupt. I had to drive a long way and took a day off. Had to take it apart to get it in the van, and then reassembled it here. It's actually two desks, they join in the middle (just left of my HP 30" TFT). Height adjustable with a lever on either desk. If you're interested, the make is Aspa, model E-motion (probably an older model though). I got it for just EUR 300,-.

The speakers are two Labtec 2.1 sets, hence the two subwoofers. The sattellite speakers of the second set are 'behind me', on the wall. One set goes into the front soundcard output, the other in the rear.

Let's see a pic of that old setup! =)

Nice desk, I dig all that landscape
 
This is what he said in his post, two of those desks joined together.
And yes they are nice desks.
"If you're interested, the make is Aspa, model E-motion (probably an older model though)"

Hey man, What desk is that? it looks great!
 
This setup toke me 2 days to do and still not complete! but close :)
IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg


its so gonna be worth it :D
 
This is what he said in his post, two of those desks joined together.
And yes they are nice desks.
"If you're interested, the make is Aspa, model E-motion (probably an older model though)"

Wow! I cant seem to find it anywhere on the net. OH well, I'm looking for something similar to that though.
 
Loco i love your case and i might just buy one.
can you explain this a little I Bring a Full Size PC when I Vacation,

Im thinking that has to do something with your set up?
 
Loco i love your case and i might just buy one.
can you explain this a little I Bring a Full Size PC when I Vacation,

Im thinking that has to do something with your set up?

That how I got my title.
IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg


I was on vacation in GA and my laptop cant play games every well so... yeah... you get the point. :p
 
That how I got my title.
*snip*
I was on vacation in GA and my laptop cant play games every well so... yeah... you get the point. :p

That's funny. My wife would crap a brick if I packed my PC every time we vacationed.
 
Vacation is supposed to be for time away from the technology and bullshit. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top