Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose this belongs in here also. I'm a messy fuck, I know.

img0050sizedrz6.jpg
img0049sizedgk0.jpg

This is my current setup, I plan on getting another desk "same" for more real estate, and a 30" LCD within a few months, I'll Also upgrade my case to a Lian LI v2000/other peripherals. Probably selling the DLP and getting a Plasma/wall mount. Other than that, I'm happy. :D
Will update pics when I do so :).

Upgraded my main monitor from an NEC MultiSync LCD1760VM to an IBM P275 CRT, which is gorgeous.

imgp0922s.jpg

imgp0921s.jpg

imgp0920s.jpg

I originally bought an IBM CPD-220, but the couriers smashed that up & it doesn't work very well, so I got the P275 as a replacement. I think the 220 was actually a better monitor (particularily the blacks) but the 275 has much better contrast/brightness. Whichever, it's a helluva lot better than any of my LCDs or other broken CRTs I've got!

imgp0915_s.jpg
imgp0917_s.jpg

Correct. Though they're more 'standmount' than 'bookshelf' because they're too deep for any bookshelf I've ever seen!

Oh yeah, blimey! I didn't realise how deep they were, but looking again I see what you mean! What amplifier is that, by the way?

chubby bunny, I like that keyboard... if comes in black I am all over that! I guess I could always get one and do what The Rolling Stones said... Paint It Black :p yeah that was cheesy. Anyway, where did you get that keyboard? Is it a Keytronics?

WTF? Database error when I post and I refresh... then there's a double post... no way did I hit the Save Changes button twice :confused::rolleyes::mad:

Oh yeah, blimey! I didn't realise how deep they were, but looking again I see what you mean! What amplifier is that, by the way?
It's an Aurex SB-A10. Aurex was Toshiba's foray into high-end audio in the late 70's - early 80's. The SB-A10 was pretty much the first 'micro' system ever made, but for an amp of it's size it pushes a surprising amount of power (it could blow these speakers easily, they're rated 20-100W).

I suppose this belongs in here also. I'm a messy fuck, I know.

[i mg]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2007/img0049sizedgk0.jpg[/img]

Nice keyboard ;)

Not clean, natural environment - dorm desks and chair make me long for the day when I can get my own place.

dscn0001br7.jpg

dscn0002sr4.jpg

Wow, Haven't been on here in awhile and soo many more post, I better get my act together and post mine!

Hey guys. Anyone here know where I can pick up one of the swing arm shelves for my newly acquired Ikea Jerker? I picked one up used in NYC, but the guy didn't have any of the shelves. I'd really like one for my printer but everyone on Craigslist doesn't want to sell me just one shelf. I've looked everywhere but can't find one. If anyone could help me out it'd be appriciated. Thanks!

keyboard seems odd.

no numpad. that's a real typers keyboard though, none of the G15/etc.. stuff here!

Yeah. It's basically a Spacersaver Model-M. I've used a few keyboards and it's without doubt my favorite.

chubby bunny, I like that keyboard... if comes in black I am all over that! I guess I could always get one and do what The Rolling Stones said... Paint It Black :p yeah that was cheesy.

Haha. Yeah I'd like it to be black also but they didn't make 'em like that back then from what I've been able to find. There's a guy on here who died his keycaps black with rit dye. I imagine the rest of the frame could be done the same way if you have a big enough pan to head the dye in.

Anyway, where did you get that keyboard? Is it a Keytronics?

Well. I got it off of eBay. Now it's essentially a Spacesaver Model-M. All of the M's I found on eBay the sellers wanted well over 100$ for. So I said screw it. There was a guy selling them with this odd connector on the end and I figured I could just convert it to ps/2 by splicing a connector on there. So I paid about 35$ for that. I get it in and do some more research and it turns out that this model was made for terminals of some type which wouldn't allow the conversion to ps/2. I ended up then just picking up a full-size Model-M off of eBay for around 30$ and swapping it's board and keys into the Spacesaver. So I figure I saved a little bit of money and I have a ton of left over parts in case something fails on this one :D
Sun rackmount and classic keyboard FTW! You have an awesome setup!!

Haha, thanks.

Nice keyboard ;)

Thanks brah. Where's the spacesaver?! ;)

Then why not show us the monitor instead of you super-uber weapon arsenal ?

It happens to be in the picture because I carry it everywhere I go, and when I get home I take all the shit out of my pockets (see the knife & wallet?) and also my gun. I am a corrections officer that works around 2000 inmates every day, I have no choice but to carry a gun on me everywhere I go in public. Just because inmates are locked up doesn't mean they can't communicate with people on the outside (i.e.- gang members, etc..) And trust me, if I posted all of my guns I'd need several more pics than that.

Another thing is, funny how 99% of the people on this board play games that have everything from guns to rocket launchers blowing each other to pieces, but whine like a bunch of whiny anti-gun Rosie O'Donnell fuckheads when they see a picture of a real gun. Damn hippies. :rolleyes:

good idea, this is a post your workstation thread, and not post your firearms thread there is one of those in genmay we are all, pointing out the fact that having a firearm on your desk is unsafe, impractical, and it doesn't make you look cool so please don't post pictures with firearms in them in this thread.

Again, it wasn't there to make me look "cool". It's a damn desk, and I use it for more than just a computer. And no, having a gun inside a holster on your desk is not unsafe. Last time I checked guns didn't have legs...they don't run off and shoot people when you're not looking at them. Good thing it wasn't a hammer on my desk...those can kill people too.

To everyone offended by the gun in the pic, don't look at it. Can't we just post our pics and not criticize anyone?

They just don't trust themselves with a gun so they don't think anyone else should be trusted either. :p

The classic one was last election season when Kerry went out with the "sportsmen" for a photo shoot on a "goose hunt" and one of the guns he was holding in the photos was one that he wanted on the ban list. lulz, he didn't even realize it.

Those aren't bad pictures :) I have seen much much worse. Awesome keyboard too, as many have said. Looks like its really comfortable to type on, similar to a laptop keyboard eh?

Hehe, thanks. They are bad pictures in regards to my standards.
Yeah, it is very much like a laptop feel, a tad bit stiffer on the keys imo, but I like that. In a few days my IBM T61 will be here, so I'll have the best of both worlds in terms of keyboards!

Woot

It happens to be in the picture because I carry it everywhere I go, and when I get home I take all the shit out of my pockets (see the knife & wallet?) and also my gun. I am a corrections officer that works around 2000 inmates every day, I have no choice but to carry a gun on me everywhere I go in public. Just because inmates are locked up doesn't mean they can't communicate with people on the outside (i.e.- gang members, etc..) And trust me, if I posted all of my guns I'd need several more pics than that.

Another thing is, funny how 99% of the people on this board play games that have everything from guns to rocket launchers blowing each other to pieces, but whine like a bunch of whiny anti-gun Rosie O'Donnell fuckheads when they see a picture of a real gun. Damn hippies. :rolleyes:

Again, it wasn't there to make me look "cool". It's a damn desk, and I use it for more than just a computer. And no, having a gun inside a holster on your desk is not unsafe. Last time I checked guns didn't have legs...they don't run off and shoot people when you're not looking at them. Good thing it wasn't a hammer on my desk...those can kill people too.

To everyone offended by the gun in the pic, don't look at it. Can't we just post our pics and not criticize anyone?
Alot of people seem really threatened about you having a gun in your picture. I assume thats why they are raising such a fuss about it. If it really didn't make a difference, they wouldn't even think twice about bringing it up. You pretty much just owned everyone who brought it up. For the record, I don't even own a gun or know how to shoot. I'm waiting for my girlfriends dad to stop working so much that he can show me.

I must say, whether somebody agrees with guns or not is beside the point. I peresonally have nothing wrong with a gun being on the table, as long as it isn't being showed off and advertised. I would much rather see a desk 'as is', everyday, rather than how it is all tidied up. A gun on the desk or not, if that is how your desk usually is, so be it. For instance, I always have an empty mug on my desk at some point of the day (dunno why, lazy me). While that is nothing like a gun, it still is their during the day, so it goes in the picture.

OMFG shut up with the gun talk, Its a computer pic thread, POST YOUR WORKSTATION, not post about how you feel on guns.

I finally got a new desk (I was using a less than stellar wooden desk before - here), and a new setup. :D

My Workstation:

The Boyfriend's Workstation:

The Whole Setup:

PS: Yes, the rear speakers are on top of the shelf - that's where we keep them when we're not using them.

My setup is in the basement, away from the noisy ass dogs, a 20 yr old daughter, an 18 yr old daughter, my wife, the TV etc etc.

If your wondering why the pics are blurred out, the wife and daughters mentioned above dont want their pics on the internets.
workstation%20001.JPG

Well , Moved the beast from the floor to the desk for a bit ... It was sticking out too far and kept hitting it with the chair :( Still need to replace this old desk and sorry ... no handguns.

workplaceep2.jpg

My setup is in the basement, away from the noisy ass dogs, a 20 yr old daughter, an 18 yr old daughter, my wife, the TV etc etc.

If your wondering why the pics are blurred out, the wife and daughters mentioned above dont want their pics on the internets.
[IG]http://watthephuc.com/files/1/workstation%20001.JPG[/IG]
You should probably fix your apache server security settings I'm guessing..

http://watthephuc.com/files/1/michellelake.jpg
http://watthephuc.com/files/1/casey4th.jpg
http://watthephuc.com/files/1/caseyme4th.jpg

thanks for that, rather than a simple PM you post direct links to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back