Post your "Which games never get old?"

Which game can go the longest without loosing it's entertainment?

• Diablo 2

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Counter-Strike

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Battlefeild (Any)

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • other... (post it)

Votes: 68 35.2%

• Total voters
Day of Defeat for me.

I quit playing for the longest time and I've been playing it for the last few months and it is awesome. :D

abudhu said:
Any RTS.

First that comes to mind: Starcraft. Me and my brother still play Multi-player to do this day.

Agreed, The Original CD, still in perfect shape.. will be burried with me the day I die.

:p

Civ III

u_95244

Strykur said:
Face it, Counter-Strike is priceless. And Source is shits compared to 1.6.
You have got to be 15 years old. That is horrible.

Just by your remark I know you are a kid... source is shit compared to 1.6

Foo , Beta 6.4 was the best version of CS... everything was shit compared to that. You were probly in 5th grade when I was owning at Beta 6.4

USMC2Hard4U said:
Foo , Beta 6.4 was the best version of CS... everything was shit compared to that. You were probly in 5th grade when I was owning at Beta 6.4

I'm not trying to flame here, but it annoys me to no end when people say "x.x is the best version of CS and everything since then has been crap." Why is it that so many people are unable to come to grips with updates and changes made to CS?

That said, I think I'd have to put a vote in for C&C: Red Alert. I don't play it much, but every once in a while I'll dust it off and get a game in. I would have said CS, but since I play Source and am not stuck on some beta version I guess I can't.

Hmmm, so many choices...

FF7
Evil Genius (playing through for the 2nd time now)
Ultima Underworld
Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader: No Regret
Ascendancy

ShadowFyre

Master of magic
Original Unreal Tournament
Tecmo Superbowl (with other people)
Civilization 2

Any of the Wing Commander games, I keep a DOS PC laying around just so I can play the first 3, and I still fire up 4 from time to time on my main PC.

No not everything gets old.

Tetris, Chess, Minesweeper is what I can come up with. And various card games like Poker I suppose.

Games that will never get old has to be simple where graphics simply doesn´t matter and which you can never fully master. Be it it´s so random it´s impossible like Minesweeper or advanced like chess :).

Otherwise more advanced games do get old. Visually but also gameplay wise. To be honest Half Life sucks now as well do Doom. Both where great when I first played it.

Seriously Morrowind I got addicted to to no end and guess what after some 100 hours of gameplay it got old ;).

Currently I am addicted to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 and 2005 but even though the gameplay will be great it will degrade visually and there will come golf sims that improve on those too.

So seriously the only games I come back to is games like Chess and Tetris which probably never gets old :).

USMC2Hard4U said:

urr why does that sound so DAMN familiar to what the sargent said in brothers in arms?

compslckr said:
commander keen

Was the 3D Verison canned? I heard a long time ago they were making it and then I never heard anything again. It would have been a sweat game.

The only reason a NES is hooked up to my TV still is because of one game....Bubble Bobble. Yes I still play it and I am not ashamed. :p

I may have to take a look at what the Bubble Bobble DS one looks like.

Anyone who still plays Unreal Tournament.

Do you play Rocket Arena?

I made this map and it needs some testing... Maybe someone here could beta it for me. :)

Tie Fighter and Age of Empires 2.

Played Tie fighter from Windows 95 until I got frustrated trying to get the game to work on XP :(

I was playing AoE 2 till LOTR BFME came out. Now, am getting the itch to play it again (miss my British Longbowmen horde).

I cant see listing an online specific game as a favorite since most online games constantly change (new maps, new weapons, new game modes, etc.) due to the community, creating in essence a new game. I think the true test for a great computer game is that you can play the SP over and over again and not get bored, which is why I listed the two games above.

Zero

edit: Mario Bros. (NES and SNES games) were great games that I still get the urge to play every once in a while.

USMC2Hard4U said:

Dumbass, I never said 1.6 was the best version, I'm just saying Source isn't as good as the "original" CS...and I was in the 5th grade back in 1997...yup, you we're owning in beta 6.4 for sure! :rolleyes: And by the looks of your grammar, you probably are a 5th grader...

I guess any game can be overplayed and then you never wanna see it again, but I can think of a few which is fun to fire up now and then:

Max Payne 1
Max Payne 2
Jedi Knight - 2 & Academy
Simgolf (Sid Meier)
Pirates (Sid Meier)

Hell, I'm busy replaying the ultimate Doom series now, and it's surprisingly fun. D3 looked nice (the bits you could see), and the engine ran without problems, but the gameplay was not as cool as the original, imo.

All games get old, and all games look old after just a few years, but one that held its own for a looong time...

Elite - on the old 8 bit machines. Fantastic. Pushing the limits of the technology of it's time.

Honourable mentions:
Bubble Bobble and Raiden 2 in the arcade.
X-Wing (for the overall atmosphere of a game - TIE Fighter and FreeSpace were probably better space shooters/sims)

p[H]antom - Do a Google for "privateer remake". Privateer has been remade using the same engine as the one used in a Wing Co remake...Not had a chance to play it yet, but it looks pretty cool.

And the whiner about the "horrible graphics in Baldur's Gate"... wtf? Not every graphics engine has to be spinny rotatey (and many games suffer if they do - key point in question...NWN).

Worms World Party
Civ III
Transport Tycoon or Locomotion
UT and UT2004
Super Mario on the SNES
Tetris
C&C: Generals

I can find a game out of that list I want to play 100% of the time. Which game depends on my mood.

Little Big Adventure
Twinsens Oddysey (LBA 2)
Freespace Series (specially 2)
Final Fantasy 7 :)

spine said:
Command & Conquer: Red Alert

No doubt about it for me. I can happily have a guaranteed good game of that any day. It's always sitting there installed on my comp. Been that way since the day I got it. Seriously!

Agreed

Back