Post your..."UV Reactive Rig"...

I've been thinking about going back to some UV action with my next build...all black with white accents and UV lighting...we'll see

I've been thinking about going back to some UV action with my next build...all black with white accents and UV lighting...we'll see
DO ITTTTT. For the love of god please do it. We need UV to make a comeback. And acrylic cases (RIP DangerDen). And horizontally oriented ram slots like the DFI Lanparty AMD nforce boards.

ok.... first build with all the "retro" gear I collected... I remembered how much I hate the x-connect power cables... they are gummy and not very flexible.. and I also remembered what a PITA it is to try and do cable management in a clear case.. but here goes

P1020635.jpg

P1020637.jpg

kind of looks like a mess and I think the x-connect cables faded a little due to age but it was a brand new sealed unit I got.. boxed up for 7 years or so I reckon. lol. I'm going to tidy it up some more later.. change some fans around maybe.. it didn't quite come out as cool as I had imagined... I'll tweak it some more as time goes on.

I think it still looks very awesome like it is.

Nice revenant, seeing a UV rig really takes me back to when I first got into building PCs and modding :cool:
I'm still rocking a DFI LanParty mobo but don't have any UV lighting to make use of it... might have to order some and get my rig cleaned up just for the hell of it :D

I love a good UV Build. As some have mentioned, UV really does need to make a comeback. I'm currently trying to get a plan together for a UV Prodigy build. I'll report back if/when I get everything together.

I've got the UV Cathodes, now I just need to decide if I'm going to go all out with a custom water loop (would be my first Water Cooling project), or if I just want to go with air cooling, and then get UV reactive fans/cable sleeves/etc...

a pc I had built on my bench for a while.. just playin..

P1020700.jpg

P1020697.jpg

my next build I think I am going full on UV... I like the pretty lights. :D

ok.. for extra nostalgia.. two 6800ultras in SLI on a DFI expert 939 board..
P1020665.jpg

I had my X58 rig in the sunbeam case at one point.. very tight.
x58b7.jpg

Last edited:
not sure, but it seems kind of meh... glowy black? hrm...

edit: I guess it glows kind of blue under uv but looks black with normal lighting. here

They make UV LEDs now, I might test them out with my next build: black and UV pink.

I would be interested to see how that turns out. I have tried some LED UV spot beams but they are just not bright enough, not nearly as the CCFLs. I saw a build at a local Fry's using one of these light kits set on UV and it did a pretty good job, but kind of a hassle with getting power to it and the power supply is kind of bulky, etc.. it would be way better if it had a USB power option. :)

Hell yeah rev! Reminds me of the good ole days.

yeah, I miss UV builds... the new fancy builds are nice and clean but the stark white and black doesn't do it for me. The orange and black one posted in the rig pics thread recently is pretty off the hook. :) I dig color in my builds, like electric color. :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
a pc I had built on my bench for a while.. just playin..

P1020700.jpg

P1020697.jpg

my next build I think I am going full on UV... I like the pretty lights. :D

ok.. for extra nostalgia.. two 6800ultras in SLI on a DFI expert 939 board..
P1020665.jpg

I had my X58 rig in the sunbeam case at one point.. very tight.
x58b7.jpg

Your build is extremely colorful! So trippy. I like it. Do those water cooling tubes glow in the dark? I have seen the liquid inside those tubes glow neon green in someone's build. Looked pretty damn cool.

Yeah, the tubes are UV reactive... I played around with dyes in the coolant but it ends up being a mess usually, parts of the dye solids fall out of solution and get all over the blocks and tube insides.. so it's best just to go with UV reactive tubing. :)

ok.... first build with all the "retro" gear I collected... I remembered how much I hate the x-connect power cables... they are gummy and not very flexible.. and I also remembered what a PITA it is to try and do cable management in a clear case.. but here goes

P1020635.jpg

P1020637.jpg

kind of looks like a mess and I think the x-connect cables faded a little due to age but it was a brand new sealed unit I got.. boxed up for 7 years or so I reckon. lol. I'm going to tidy it up some more later.. change some fans around maybe.. it didn't quite come out as cool as I had imagined... I'll tweak it some more as time goes on.

Oh man that is epic.

Only took me about 8 months but I finally came through, sorry for the crappy cell phone pics:

vkFzPuF.jpg

BPmb7c2.jpg

I'll probably get another white fan for the radiator and clean up the wiring a bit more, but overall I'm happy :cool:

Very nice setup revenant! It reminds me of the acrylic case I had a few years ago. Thinking back, I kind of miss the setup. It certainly looked very cool. :)

I found an old picture of my acrylic case setup. The picture isn't great and I believe the setup was from 2007 so bear with me!

IMG_0787_zps4a7906e8-1.jpg

Makes me want to get some UV reactive fans and stuff :D I always liked making my computer glow.

I found an old picture of my acrylic case setup. The picture isn't great and I believe the setup was from 2007 so bear with me!

IMG_0787_zps4a7906e8-1.jpg

Wow. My eyes hurt just looking at the pic. Cant imagine sitting next to that.

Haha... Blast from the past. I used to have an Intel DFI Lanparty board and an AMD DFI Lanparty board. Both were UV builds. I still use the carrying strap that came in the accessory kit that came with those boards.

Haha... Blast from the past. I used to have an Intel DFI Lanparty board and an AMD DFI Lanparty board. Both were UV builds. I still use the carrying strap that came in the accessory kit that came with those boards.

I remember how psyched my roommate was when he got one of those boards. I love the sleek and clean look of a lot of stuff today, but I'm always going to have a soft spot for the really bright/crazy stuff.

I remember how psyched my roommate was when he got one of those boards. I love the sleek and clean look of a lot of stuff today, but I'm always going to have a soft spot for the really bright/crazy stuff.

Fuck yeah man. I will NEVER forget my DFI s939 board.

IMG_0988_zps8309e2a8.jpg

there's some uv in it... good bye ocz. (yes, I know it happened a while ago, but their pc3200's were a staple of the time... tccd! ).

IMG_0986_zpsa0fff63a.jpg

washed out but uv... voodoo2's and my gainward geforece3... and the audigy...

Oh nice setup, so nostalgic!
That DDR OCZ memory was great.

I've still got some of the PC3200 Titanium sticks.
Man, those things were expensive!

fresh meat!! wow you have a lot of gear jimmied into that lil box. :D

I'm looking for a Dark Red/Red UV Reactive Red Sleeves/ paint for a mod I'm working on. It can't be the "red" that glows pink or orange. On the UV chart, a red glow is really hard to achieve, which I am fully aware of, but It is possible, so if any of you experienced folk could throw in their $0.02, that would be helpful!

-Justin

true uv red is hard to get... it doesn't pop like uv orange so I think they like to make the reds sort of on the orangy side of red.. if you get my meaning. I have some tubing which I got a long while ago that was uv red but I haven't ever used a sleeving kit with a good uv red...

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g35/c177/list/p1/SleevingHeatshrink-UV_Reactive_Sleeving_.html

maybe? you might want to call frozen cpu and ask someone there about them and see if the can confirm it's a nice red.. looks kind of orange in the pic a bit.. could be my laptop screen though. ;)

edit:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...uct_info&cPath=44_1002_1003&products_id=30881

this looks pretty red. Peformance-pcs is a good place too. I am pretty sure you can call and ask about anything.

Back