Post your..."UV Reactive Rig"...

I built this for a good friend of mine for Christmas..her two favorite colors are...guess!
I realize this isn't quite as impressive as other rigs posted here...but I am liking the effect this has in a dark room. (Usual reaction from friends:"You built The Joker a computer?") Well, it's my first attempt at a custom build. Comments are welcome.

added a sunbeam chameleon lighting kit tew mah rig.. I like the red setting with the UV lamps on.. looky

sunbeam4.JPG

Heres a really quick shot without the black lights on.
thanks for the positive comments btw!

Nice! looks a little like UV sleeving on the HSF ?

Here's my old rig... pre-water cooling days...

shazam4.JPG

and here's just a good UV shot...

uvdye.JPG

hrm... did I post that one already? lol.. oh well.. :)

OMFG... that Alien head case maicoX posted had to be the sexiest case I've ever seen!

Gotta add that to my top 5 cases of all time now.

So you don't find the yellow memory slots to be unstable? I could not get anything over 239 on the FSB to work well.. nice -clean- UV implementation btw. :)

BellaCroix said:
OMFG... that Alien head case maicoX posted had to be the sexiest case I've ever seen!

Gotta add that to my top 5 cases of all time now.

Thank you ! :D

A work in progress. Sorry about the shotty cam and wiring job, just a paintjob I did. DFI lanparty with UV light directly on it, so you can tell the difference between Reactivity. Case reactivity > *

Picture_001_-Large-.jpg

This case has a lot of room to play around, now I just gotta make time to do something with this. Cant get off of my main rig long enough.

These may not look that UV reactive. I took 2 of most of these pictures, one with flash and one without, and then overlayed them so you could get the UV effect as well as seeing the details.

casetopview46al.jpg

casetopview37yl.jpg

casetopview16rp.jpg

caserear9nn.jpg

casestorageside8on.jpg

casefrontrighttop8kc.jpg

casefrontrighttop20ey.jpg

casecoolingside6yu.jpg

casecoolingangle9iu.jpg

wow... nice UV red implementation... and crazy machine also. 2.1tb of storage.. and 14 ccfls!!!! :eek: gnarl! :cool:

I like the red tubing you got there, and I like the finish on the case.. but dam what a mess inside there...

Here is the green spagetti monster:

Yes, I need to do wire management, but keep in mind this rig I built for the wife. She does not even game with it (7800 GTX . . .doh).

NO MOUSEPAD comments please ;) This was just a testing setup in my office. She does have a non-welfare mousepad now.

HOLY NECRO BATMAN.... had to bump this ancient thread for some good ol uv lovin' DFI lanparty action

P1020610.jpg

P1020609.jpg

P1020611.jpg

pro875B w/ 2.8 prescott

I loved my oldschool DFI Lanparty UT mobo. By far one of the best motherboards of all time.

I remember when everyone actually modded their cases instead of just buying them pre-modded. UV was a cool trend, don't see too much of it any more. Come to think of it, you don't really see that many cathodes, led fans, windows, or other mods these days. Mostly just nice cable management and clean cases.

I loved my oldschool DFI Lanparty UT mobo. By far one of the best motherboards of all time.

I remember when everyone actually modded their cases instead of just buying them pre-modded. UV was a cool trend, don't see too much of it any more. Come to think of it, you don't really see that many cathodes, led fans, windows, or other mods these days. Mostly just nice cable management and clean cases.

Yeah it kinda died a little, Im a UV lover myself, current mod is black and flourecent orange. Ill get some pics up later this week when Im done painting it

I got an ultra x-connect (orange and blue) psu off ebay and am building up that DFI board in a clear case with it and a lot of UV lamps... pic coming soon! (and yes, I tested the psu, voltage ranges are fine.. whew)

ok.... first build with all the "retro" gear I collected... I remembered how much I hate the x-connect power cables... they are gummy and not very flexible.. and I also remembered what a PITA it is to try and do cable management in a clear case.. but here goes

P1020635.jpg

P1020637.jpg

kind of looks like a mess and I think the x-connect cables faded a little due to age but it was a brand new sealed unit I got.. boxed up for 7 years or so I reckon. lol. I'm going to tidy it up some more later.. change some fans around maybe.. it didn't quite come out as cool as I had imagined... I'll tweak it some more as time goes on.

I think that for the modding world is what the 70s are to the rest of the world.

QFT! I miss thos days. DFI LP UT was the shit! One of my personal favorite motherboards.

I think that for the modding world is what the 70s are to the rest of the world.

er... 80s? neon shoelaces anyone? ;)

Yeah... these days it's all about anal wiring and black on black stuff with minimal color accents... or going all white... which looks clean and nice... but I miss UV and color so decided just to mess around with my old gear again... it's been fun as hell actually.. this machine isn't very practical, but it sure is a conversation piece in the house when people come over. :eek: I found some guy in Poland (over on XS) who is making me some laser cut UV reactive "LanParty" logo'd fan grills for it. woot.

I'm replyaing Unreal, Unreal2, Max Payne, and NOLF on it... pretty fun to play these old games again.. NOLF was totally great...

I'm having a heck of a time trying to make the green DIMM slots "pop" with UV color.. they are so damn buried in the back of the case... going to try and add two more uv ccfl lamps with in LOS of them if I can... my lamptron 4 port ballast took a shit on me last night so gotta get another one of those...

the other thing about clear cases, there is no internal reflectivity so all that light just goes out of the sides.. I remember my old Apevia x-navigator was nice shiny alum on the inside and reflected all that UV light back into the case... when I turn this pc on in my study now anything with any UV glow lights up.. all the handles of my screw drivers and white t-shits.. lol.

LOL... yeah... I still love the colors and the uv factor.. I think I will always be partial to that vs the way things have been of late.. seems like simple and clean is the new in thing... lots of black and white, or black and red... etc. It looks nice but I love the uv. :)

^ Definitely agree.
The multi-colored bright earthtones were so mid-2000's, but they were awesome.

Back