Post your unusual desktop, or theme...

lesman

2[H]4U
Hey, I've seen a lot of nice desktops on the "post your desktop" thread, now I think it would be cool to see the unusual, strange, or non-XP themed desktops.. Also include screenshots of themes on Windows XP that look nothing like XP...maybe it has a Mac look, or set up to be something totally different... Do you like your desktop to be in some sort of odd fashion, set up all wierd, and didn't want anyone to know? Well, be afraid no more, this is the place to do it! Also, to help others out that might want a specific look, be sure to include any links/references to sites and tools that you've used to do what you've done (if you want, that is)!

Wallpaper: my own creation (its pictures of the people I've worked with)
VS Flyakite's OSX conversion
icons Same as above
Dock: Objectdock Plus with some icons downloaded from Windowblinds
clock: LClock
Calendar, Todo list, and events list Rainlendar w/ the "tranquil" skin

fuelvoltsdesktop8yo.jpg

I put this is the original thread too

I like OSX, but XP is much better, I use Style XP and Objectbar.

Nice, I use Y'z dock for a clean desktop. I guess I should post mine....

heres a rather simple one.
the visual style can be found here
and i made the wallpaper to sorta go with that vs.

March_05.jpg

Glacier said:
the visual style can be found here
[/img]

whoa, thanks for that link man, theres a shit load of nice themes there. i never could find a good one. would these shell themes work w/ the utx theme patch?

Bad_Boy said:
whoa, thanks for that link man, theres a shit load of nice themes there. i never could find a good one. would these shell themes work w/ the utx theme patch?

no problem man, its a pretty damn useful site for all things concerning desktops.
and i actually use the utx patch to load all of my themes.
its alot smoother than any other secondary theme program.

Glacier said:
no problem man, its a pretty damn useful site for all things concerning desktops.
and i actually use the utx patch to load all of my themes.
its alot smoother than any other secondary theme program.
agreed, and sounds good. :cool:

HTPC Desktop of my Creation on Dell 2005FPW

DesktopX (including scripts for DVD collection negotiation)
ObjectDock Plus (menu tabs, movie trailers tab and running tasks at bottom)
RightClick (right-click on desktop has menus and functional systray).

miniplex.jpg

Here's some popups and popouts I left out on the first pic 'cause it looks cleaner with them hidden:

ObjectDock Plus:

Program-launching tabs at top:

miniplex_top_tabs.jpg

Movie trailer tab (clicking one plays it on my projector [monitor 2]):

miniplex_side_tabs.jpg

Expanded "taskbar" (mouseover increases icon size - yep, the juke is WMP):

miniplex_tasks.jpg

RightClick (pops up at desktop right-click):

miniplex_right_click.jpg

DesktopX:

The big DVD pics change every 5 seconds or can be scrolled through using "Now Playing" arrows.

Wow, definitely some interesting themes that I've never seen before! Great stuff, keep em coming!

Bump for this thread...but also:

Well...I decided to change it again, I'm looking for something I really like, and I think I may settle for this one for quite a while...but don't hold me to that!

desktop
screenla1.jpg

start bar/programs list open
screenla2jpg.jpg

a window open-this one shows system toolbars at the top "home, back", etc
screenla3jpg.jpg

send feedback if you like how it's lookin'! or if you dont! :)

OK, so I lied...I changed my theme again...sort of.well, I got rid of Yz dock and replaced it with object dock, downloaded and then customized most of the icons so they match, then found a nice, simple skin to go along with it. Wallpaper....idea taken from someones at wincustomize (forget who, but there's the credit) but made from scratch (except the WMP logo, but it's edited too) and added my own touches.

screen1.jpg

GLACIER!!!! A copy of that wallpaper, PLEASE!!!!

(if you don't have hosting, try nick.sabatinoATgmail.com)

The wallpaper was a little too uncolorful for me (even though it was all blue) but I wanted it to match the visual style I have now. So, I opened up the wllpaper in photoshop and messed with it. I added a slight shadow on the bottom to make it seem as if the WMP logo was sitting on a shiny as hell reflective surface, and I made the gradient in the background more extreme. I figured that since the taskbar on the bottom is white, I'll make the bottom half of the background gradient intense blue for contrast, and make the top half white and make the objectdock background shiny blue. The whole theme matches really well. It's not pictured, but I opened up some windowblinds files in photoshop and edited the "more programs" window and made it a white-blue gradient as well.

finsheddesk.jpg

DR_K13 said:
What program is displaying the Radar Weather Maps, (is it active desktop?), where are the weather maps from (which weather service), and does it display NOAA Weather alerts for specific zip codes?

~Thanks

lesman said:
The wallpaper was a little too uncolorful for me (even though it was all blue) but I wanted it to match the visual style I have now. So, I opened up the wllpaper in photoshop and messed with it. I added a slight shadow on the bottom to make it seem as if the WMP logo was sitting on a shiny as hell reflective surface, and I made the gradient in the background more extreme. I figured that since the taskbar on the bottom is white, I'll make the bottom half of the background gradient intense blue for contrast, and make the top half white and make the objectdock background shiny blue. The whole theme matches really well. It's not pictured, but I opened up some windowblinds files in photoshop and edited the "more programs" window and made it a white-blue gradient as well.

finsheddesk.jpg

What is that tool bar?

Well, here's my latest. It's a dramatic change from my last few....it's very orange themed, as opposed to the blue I usually do.

orange.jpg

orangetask.jpg

By the way, I decided to do a Mac inspired theme....so here it is:

With a window open...I really love the explorer toolbars, and the "minimize/maximize" buttons
apple1.jpg

And here's the desktop: wallpaper made from different images and a lot of editing and photoshopping...doesn't look like much, but I got it JUST how I wanted it to look.
apple2.jpg

Back