• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your TRUE temps before and after lapping!

tonyluu

Gawd
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
613
Title says all, i'm getting mixed results around the web, would just like more confirmation.
Please do not post results without before & after temp screenies
 
your avg is going to be between 3-10C anywhere in that range.. its hard to completely say because no HS/CPU lapping is the same....
 
Yeah it's difficult to give a hard number. As specific as you're being w/ your request I'm not sure you'll get many responses that fit your criteria. You may want to be more specific yourself, as what type of cpu you're lapping can also affect how much benefit lapping may yeild. Also how good or crappy of a job you do on the lapping can affect the results as well. Just a couple of reasons why you may perceive 'mixed results'. There's more variables in the mix than just "I lapped my true".

Personally, all i can tell you is my q6600's temps at 3.0ghz were roughly 10c higher than it's temps at 3.3ghz after I lapped it. That's probably quite a bit better results than most people get, so I think I just got lucky w/ a very nice improvement.

Anyway, if you want to do it then just do it & see what you get. Unless you're battling parkinsons, you should be just fine.
 
I don't think he wants to compare the temps but just see what average people are getting. I wouldn't mind knowing either, though I don't keep screen caps of my temps, no less ones from so long ago. Temp change over the time would also effect the readings, no less house to house I know some people who keep it damn hot in their PC room. When I lapped my TRUE on my old CPU I got a good 10C drop in temps, so it was already lapped before I went with my Q9550, however after lapping my Q9550 I dropped another 8C, which was a bit shocking as I checked it for flatness before lapping and didn't think I was going to even get 2C off, I think a good deal of it comes from removing the top coating off the IHS and revealing the bare copper.

Wile I don't have before and after the only screen I have is one I posted here before after lapping my CPU. Temps before were 60C. I have not tested again since the TIM has had setting time..Might be a good time to try.

dcaf9bc1.jpg
 
Back
Top