Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ht02.jpg

Those are beautiful man!

Really looking to get new speakers for the computer. Bought these because I didn't have much space but now they just don't sound good enough. The sub is boomy at best and the "sats" seem to drop a decent amount of substance. I won't even go in to the headphones! I'll be getting a new pair soon as well. I've had those for 6 years or so now.

Computer setup:
desk1.jpg

Home Theater setup:
ht.jpg

Sub:
ht_sub.jpg

care to elaborate on your system ?

ie.: whats that thing in the undermost left shelf ? htpc? dvd player? or speaker type.

and maybe i'm seeing it wrong in the picture, but is only the left channel input connectet on you sub?

anyway, nice setup's :)

I hope they dont fall over. my room looks something like that with my rear speakers. but i have them on shelves and one of them is on a flightpad box on a small table.

care to elaborate on your system ?

ie.: whats that thing in the undermost left shelf ? htpc? dvd player? or speaker type.

and maybe i'm seeing it wrong in the picture, but is only the left channel input connectet on you sub?

anyway, nice setup's :)
Sure.

The computer has Logitech Z-2300s and the headphones are Sennheiser HD497s. Both bought because they were cheap and fit the bill at the time of purchase. Definitely looking to replace both of them sometime soon (Christmas most likely :eek:)

The "Home Theater" includes the following:
50" Panasonic Plasma (TH-50PHD8UK)
(5) Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 sats
(1) SVS PB12-ISD sub
XBOX 360
5 disc CD changer (SCDCE595)
HTPC (hand me down hardware mostly)
Samsung DVD Player (HD-950...cheap upconverting DVD player)
Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver

Shelves look like this
Code:
===================
| 360 |     | CBL |
|=====| SPK |=====|
| CD  |     | DVD |
|=================|
| PC  | K/M | RCV |
===================

And yes, only the left is connected to the sub. It really doesn't matter which one you plug it in to, but they have those there in case you need them for some reason.

New speakers:

I'll take some better pics once I get my Nikon back from a friend I loaned it to and once I get the last couple things in the mail for my system. Still looking for a matching center, the B&W is still sitting there but isn't active.
Damn, dems be some big, bad speakers! Congrats!!

Nice Samsung DLP, too!

Mmm, im thinking of treatments myself, but i really want a sub
just to thread jack a little, where should i start for a sub...>250$ish was looking at SVS and Polk again

I just recently bought an AV123 x-sub. It doesn't ship until the 7th of December, though, so I can't tell you what I think of it just yet. However, it's gotten pretty decent reviews in the past.

Finally finished mounting all my acoustic treatment...

I love it when you post pics of your dorm room. Excellent setup and ambience with the lighting. (Awesome equipment too!)

I can't wait to move out my dorm at Wentworth down the street...I can live with it though for 2 more years. :rolleyes:

Sure.

The computer has Logitech Z-2300s and the headphones are Sennheiser HD497s. Both bought because they were cheap and fit the bill at the time of purchase. Definitely looking to replace both of them sometime soon (Christmas most likely :eek:)

The "Home Theater" includes the following:
50" Panasonic Plasma (TH-50PHD8UK)
(5) Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 sats
(1) SVS PB12-ISD sub
XBOX 360
5 disc CD changer (SCDCE595)
HTPC (hand me down hardware mostly)
Samsung DVD Player (HD-950...cheap upconverting DVD player)
Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver

Shelves look like this
Code:
===================
| 360 |     | CBL |
|=====| SPK |=====|
| CD  |     | DVD |
|=================|
| PC  | K/M | RCV |
===================

And yes, only the left is connected to the sub. It really doesn't matter which one you plug it in to, but they have those there in case you need them for some reason.

thanks!

and to stay OT here's a shot showing my new "old" amp in my shop's system
a pioneer a-77x,
amp00002.jpg

amp00003.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Heard good things about the BIC, but is it too powerful for a small room? Office in my new house is 11x10. My sights are set on the AV123 X-Sub for the 8" driver(?).

Got a pair of X-LS on the way already as a bit of an early X-mas present heh. Moving by JBL Arenas to the rear for a 4.0 setup till I get a sub. Don't know if a center will be viable or if it would be overkill in such a small room. Thoughts?

All you guys with your new gear are making me jealous. Watch this space for the next addition to my system.

I really wanted to get new speakers by the end of the year, but photography gear is eating up my funds. :mad:

Wait...lets get this straight...your system is much better than what most of we have and your getting jealous?....fux, ill trade you straight on:p

[DFR]Random;1031737459 said:
My mouth is watering at the pictures of your X-LS! Pair on the way for next week and can't wait!

there great speakers, best ive ever heard.

Heard them several times, those are good speakers.

how would you compare them to polk Rti4's? supposedly the rt's have more of a punch in the low range, and the highs are more emphasized (polk sound), and the XLS is more balanced and neutural

(from what ive read)

how would you compare them to polk Rti4's? supposedly the rt's have more of a punch in the low range, and the highs are more emphasized (polk sound), and the XLS is more balanced and neutural

(from what ive read)

XLS are more musical and easier to listen to in the long term vs RTi4. RTi4 will have more wow-factor in terms of clarity and clean sound.

what made you choose your JBL sub instead of a X sub?

Well i got a great deal on the jbl and free shipping, i didnt have enough money for the x-sub or the super expensive shipping, and they wernt getting the x-sub instock till nov.10th and i didnt feel like waiting over a month for a sub, ill eventually upgrade but for now the jbl is good enough.

^^ Again! :eek::eek::eek:

I'll be watching w/ bated breath. :cool:

Wait...lets get this straight...your system is much better than what most of we have and your getting jealous?....fux, ill trade you straight on:p

I pulled the trigger today!! So excited.... haven't been this excited since I bought my speakers! Although I am feeling a little buyer's remorse... my finances just took a temporary hit, but once I sell 2 items which I'm replacing - I should pretty much even out.

I'll take pics soon.. this should be a good addition to my system!

Hints:
1. I FINALLY get to go balanced throughout my system - from source all the way to amplification. No more RCA single-ended for me.
2. I get back to the headfi game... with an awesome headphone amp!
3. It looks real real cool!! Probably the new gem of my system.

:eek::D:cool:;):p:)

It arrives this week.

...Hints:
1. I FINALLY get to go balanced throughout my system - from source all the way to amplification. No more RCA single-ended for me.
2. I get back to the headfi game... with an awesome headphone amp!
3. It looks real real cool!! Probably the new gem of my system.

:eek::D:cool:;):p:)

It arrives this week.

Nice. Welcome back to the headfi club :)
I'd say "sorry about you're wallet" but that point has passed, lol.

I'm particularly interested in seeing what HP amp you got. I can only imagine. Assuming you are keeping the vinyl, try to find a way to work that into the headphone rig, and you would go toe-to-toe with just about of the bigwigs on Headfi.:cool:

All I got coming this week is some brass footers...and possibly my GS1. I'll also post updated pics when I get my loot, as I've changed my room around somewhat as well.

great, that means you can mellow out while studying at 3 in the morning with some music without pissing off your dormmates

only one question....WTF WAS WRONG WITH YOUR CARY?!

Edit: Oh jk, your reselling your pre amp and somn else...hahahaha jk, got it now
:D

only one question....WTF WAS WRONG WITH YOUR CARY?!

You will see in time, my friend.. you will see in time. :)

Yes and I had to sell another item because this was just waaaay over the top for me. I'm netting at "0" here (no money out after the 2 item sale), but it's definitely a big purchase for me hence I had to sell an extra item. I'd keep them all if I could, but I'm a lowly student with finite play money. I just got hit hard by having to buy a set of winter tires for my G (that's another $900 out the window). Damn this whole place.

My guess if Apache or B-52. There's alot of other options, but none that will be in your hands that quickly imo. I want to say beta 22, but you won't get one this week unless you bought used. I can't think of much else that will hit your wallet that hard while only breaking even after selling your Cary and xyz item. =T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back