Post your smartphone home screens

wp_ss_20140707_00021mkfn.png

Enjoying the weather in the middle of nowhere.

Nothing special

Nokia Lumia 521, Windows Phone 8
pybX0gv.jpg

Inside a giant concrete box, no one can hear you scream, seriously, no signal!

Switched up the HTC One's home screen a bit. It's a gold (really, bronze/rose gold) phone, so this melds unusually well!

My simple OnePlus One setup, pretty basic, but get's the job done :)

Using the 'Atran' icon pack and wallpaper.

2010 1st gen Galaxy S Epic 4G that I use on WIFI for Google Voice VOIP/SMS/voicemail and the occasional XBMC, Clash of Clans, Dead Trigger, etc. Pretty much stock Cyanogenmod 10.1.3.1 with background borrowed from Note 3.

Screenshot_2014-11-03-19-37-46_zpscc1d6f79.png

Screenshot_2014-11-03-20-49-45_zpsd95583af.png

Last edited:
2010 1st gen Galaxy S Epic 4G that I use on WIFI for Google Voice VOIP/SMS/voicemail and the occasional XBMC, Clash of Clans, Dead Trigger, etc. Pretty much stock Cyanogenmod 10.1.3.1 with background borrowed from Note 3.

Screenshot_2014-11-03-20-49-45_zpsd95583af.png

Who is that hot busty blonde babe in the middle :D

No offense, but i really don't understand the point of posting a picture of an iPhone homescreen

It's admittedly less "useful," but it captures both the zeitgeist (here's what my phone looked like at this point) and, hopefully, looks nice.

Maybe it should be revised to say if iOS just post your wallpaper.

A cluttered home screen masks the wallpaper if it's nice but on the other hand a busy wallpaper masks your icons and widgets that should ideally be kept to a minimum of most often used ones.

Does iOS still not let you move icons/folders wherever you want? As in have an empty space between other adjacent icons/folders on your home screen?

Does iOS still not let you move icons/folders wherever you want? As in have an empty space between other adjacent icons/folders on your home screen?
Nope. Unless iOS8 is different, there's still no way to independently place icons/folders wherever you want. Jailbreaking is the only way.

Nope. Quite painful in my book. Everyone is making all the noise about the Apple 'accessibility' feature and I think, hmmm put the icons at the bottom? Still I suppose top left has some benefits.

I use a nexus 4 and would seriously consider iOS again if it offered more flexibility. I'll try and get my screen posted as soon as I can figure out how to link from onedrive...

iOS 8.x is the same. You can only change the order of the icons but they automatically fill the screen from left to right and top down so no gaps.

Nope. Unless iOS8 is different, there's still no way to independently place icons/folders wherever you want. Jailbreaking is the only way.

Really :rolleyes: That is just so lame of Apple, not allow such a basic customization of your home screen.

Yet one more reason I don't ever see myself ever going back to an iPhone. That walled garden is too restrictive for me.

Looks pretty boring at the moment.
mpNob5A.jpg

The screenshot functionality takes screenshots in jpg... Is there a way to change default screenshot format?

Gamer, nice but 2 icons on the right and 1 on the left? Unbearable! :D Nice icon pack to, though that Reddit icon sucks IMO.

I just flashed the ROM fresh today, so I haven't gotten it completely set up. Is this better? ;)

p8rBpFQ.jpg

Back