Post your Radeon 9800Pro/XT O'C Here

Chomp

Gawd
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
547
Hey, I recently got a 9800XT and I tried out the latest version of AtiTool.

I ran the Max Mem and Core tests to see what this puppy would do. I ended up with (after 3 hour tests):

Core: 425

Mem: 381 (762)


Sadly, these numbers probably aren't too impressive, as I've seen some 9800pro owners get 440/800ish numbers. Is there anything you can do to improve speeds? Is cooling the issue? When I was running AtiTool the max temp was about 72C (in the overdrive control panel).

Post your scores so we can all compare and be jolly. :p
 
Cooling is always important when you are overclocking, and yes it also helps here. If you want more, go for the zalman solution(with fan!) or a good waterblock(maybe with a peltier?)

And maybe for the ram some quality BGA heatsinks? Revoltec or Tweakmonster give nice results...
 
most people tell me the stock cooler is sufficient, but i was thinking about a slot cooler to go under it..
 
altho i dont own one, and prolly never will cos i personally like 1U coolers on gfx cards(they just look cooler, get it? get it? nm =b)many pplz around this place recommend the VGA Silencer

oh and to be SEMI on topic here the best my 9500Pro has done was 382/315 for a short while when it got into the single digits outside here at the place. :D

EDIT: that was on stock cooling btw ;p
 
I have a sapphire 9800pro stable at 430/398, with a tornado directly on it.
 
Originally posted by blindviper
515/400 bba 9800xt

Wow, how'd you get that so high? --what does "bba" mean?


How do you know how high to clock your card? I'm thinking once you start seeing artifacts (which is like a malfunction of the card), then you've gone too high. I think this is what AtiTool does when you find Max Core/Max Memory.

Are artifacts causes because the card is too hot, or is it some other limitation like the core just can't physically go any higher, even if it was -20C?
 
425/370 (740 DDR) on my 9800 Pro w/ stock cooling.
 
Originally posted by Chomp
Wow, how'd you get that so high? --what does "bba" mean?


How do you know how high to clock your card? I'm thinking once you start seeing artifacts (which is like a malfunction of the card), then you've gone too high. I think this is what AtiTool does when you find Max Core/Max Memory.

Are artifacts causes because the card is too hot, or is it some other limitation like the core just can't physically go any higher, even if it was -20C?
cooled by water i get artifacts at about 530
 
445 VPU 730 MEM (365 x 2)
Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro cooled with Swiftech MCW50, and the ram has sinks on em. I'm sure I could get more with either a TEC, or with a volt mod, but its plenty fast. I have some headroom too, I just don't want it to crash in any games.
 
Originally posted by blindviper
515/400 bba 9800xt

What I have been running at...Figured it was enough and did not feel like fucking with it any longer. Upp it..bench for stability...up it... bench for stability...blah blah blah.

These things dont oc very well. Oh well, new cards are always on the way....I hope!!
 
Should I have Radlinker and AtiTool installed at the same time? Do they conflict with eachother?

Should I disable "OverDrive" when overclocking manually?
 
Back
Top