Here are some of my older cases:

burbie:

sides_after.jpg

final.jpg

Black Krylon rattle-can paint, some elbow grease

Server case:

case_assembled_outside_2.jpg

case_assembled_inside_1.jpg

PPG Chrome Yellow in rattle cans, Black Krylon Rattle-Can.

Another one coming: Lipstick red slim desktop, black trim, pearl ghost flames.

DaRkF0g said:
Damn, those are some nice paint jobs, not to mention peel-less! Bump for any more!

Not putting him down or anything but you have to higher quality pictures of those cases to tell if there's any peel. They look good from the distance they're at though.

Not everyone can do as high quality work as your self Qtip. :D

Still damn well by my standards in any case. I can never do a decent enough paint job. Someday I'll learn!

DaRkF0g said:
Not everyone can do as high quality work as your self Qtip. :D

Still damn well by my standards in any case. I can never do a decent enough paint job. Someday I'll learn!

Even I dont do that great of work :D I need a few more years of painting to really get it down. All I was saying was the pics need to be less grainy to show how nice the paint is.

Nice job DeathBeavis! I like the smoke effect that you gave it, as well as how everything down to your mouse matches. The inside could be a bit cleaner though; but this isnt the right thread to be complaining about that! :p

DaRkF0g said:
Nice job DeathBeavis! I like the smoke effect that you gave it, as well as how everything down to your mouse matches. The inside could be a bit cleaner though; but this isnt the right thread to be complaining about that! :p

The inside is after I ripped out the remaining stock H2O stuff and had just replaced it. I have not redone the wire management or anything yet.

BTW: All the pats on the back go to Smooth Creations for the paint. I just provided the canvas.

http://www.smoothcreations.com/order66.html

Those photos are much better! That watercooling setup is awesome. Cant believe you went as far as to cool your RAM sticks as well. Kudos for having such a nice case! That paint job is absolutely wonderful!

DaRkF0g said:
Those photos are much better! That watercooling setup is awesome. Cant believe you went as far as to cool your RAM sticks as well. Kudos for having such a nice case! That paint job is absolutely wonderful!

I pulled the ram blocks out cause they leaked.

No. My thermaltake cpu block cracked an leaked as well but no permanent damage.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
needless to say, I swapped it out with the Alienware Koolance crap and replaced with all Danger Den

Eek, what a mess! Damn cheap ThermalTake plastic. Stuff is too thin and brittle. I would recommend on always using brass- as it does not crack, but it looks like you allready caught onto that idea.

I had a DangerDen block crack on me, but luckily the hair line cracks did not leak. It was just a bad piece of plexiglass.

Qtip42 said:
Not putting him down or anything but you have to higher quality pictures of those cases to tell if there's any peel. They look good from the distance they're at though.

I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not, but there's very little orange peel on the cases. Most notably the Yellow case has some marks from the painter's tape because I left it on while the case was in the sun drying. I would definitely say there's less imperfections in the cases than there is on a new Cadilac.

(btw, I only have a 1.3mp $99 camera from fry's).

It's all good though, I'm not trying to win awards with these cases, just something to kill time (and brain cells :D ) .

ok, I am very short on time. So I can only post 1x picture of each new case.
I will post more later. But please tell me what you think.

SFF
DSC00231.jpg

TJ07
DSC00228.jpg

Tazzman said:
His main PC needs, Cartoon network, MS paint, The one and ONLY original QUAKE "Frag name "Spike". We go online every so often and people are doubtful that he is as young as he is, He whoops em! Yes there is still a few servers running the original QUAKE.

As much as I hate to tell you this, the most well known player (NOT known for being a good player) who used the name Spike was a repeat pedophile. (No, I'm not kidding). He was caught after moving out of Q1 into CS.
http://gamepolitics.livejournal.com/tag/spike
http://www.gotfrag.com/portal/story/31628/
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63171
The name might elicit bad vibes from a lot of old school Q1 players :p, just a heads up.

Tman said:

SFF
[IMGsnip
TJ07
snip]

That is amazing.

Very cool Tazzman.I may paint my case some time with the new digital camo that the US Marines are using.

thank you very much guys :)

I am sorry that I have not posted any good pictures as of yet. But I have been extreamly
busy and now that I have an hour to take pictures the sun is not out :/ and it is about to rain.
So pictures tomarrow guys :)

This is a case I decided to improve. I was watching an episode of pimp my ride and thought to myself, " Why can't I do a paint job just like that!" So I began to work. Now my hard work paid off!
Here's the case now!

The case even glows in the dark!Thanks to Krylon Glowz spray paint!

But, I'm unable to take it! :x Stupid camera! :x There's a few overpaints here and there but I'll fix them later.I'm sorry if the case doesn't look spetacular, but I'm still new to painting cases, and hope my skillz will improve.

Noobkiller said:
This is a case I decided to improve. I was watching an episode of pimp my ride and thought to myself, " Why can't I do a paint job just like that!" So I began to work. Now my hard work paid off!
Here's the case now!

The case even glows in the dark!Thanks to Krylon Glowz spray paint!

But, I'm unable to take it! :x Stupid camera! :x There's a few overpaints here and there but I'll fix them later.I'm sorry if the case doesn't look spetacular, but I'm still new to painting cases, and hope my skillz will improve.

haha "Why can't I do a paint job just like that!", great effort buddy keep at it

Tman said:

SFF
DSC00231.jpg

TJ07
DSC00228.jpg

Wow those are beautiful, it is almost a shame to even put anything in them...

this is my case, its in progress, seeing as the side panel cracked, and i have to redo it.

(firefox theme, even though i use opera)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz999003Small.jpg

FireFox is my frined :D
very cool man!!!!!
ME love it!!!

Sorry that I have not posted pictures of the case yet like I have stated. I am actually
building a computer in it :) and will post then.

This is one that I did awhile back Im currently upgading hardware in it but over all the look of it is pretty much staying the same.

Front.jpg

Top.jpg

FrontLeft.jpg

Lets stick to posting pictures guys. Anymore OT posts and I'll just close the thread....

batman1.jpg

My first full case modding project as well as my first full paintjob. It came out looking alright, but I halfassed a lot of (protip: hallfassing is not something that works in painting), and screwed up major in a lot of parts, but hey, this is a learning experience, and either way, I'm proud of her!

Originally the case was white and purple and well... I wasn't having any of that. So I gave it a nice silver in place of the white, and threw some metal cast blue on it for some stenciling here and there (and to tint the window). I also tinted the purple face plate with it for a deep blue. The pictures suck though, because I had to take them with an 80 dollar video camera. Yeah.

100_0448_small.jpg

In the patio (despite my parents complaints, it also doubles as my work room lol). Just finished stenciling. D'oh! Overspray, ah well.

IMG_0006_small.jpg

On my computer desk, fully assembled and in use.

IMG_0011_small.jpg

Tinted window shown and all of that jazz.

JinxyBoi said:
My first full case modding project as well as my first full paintjob. It came out looking alright, but I halfassed a lot of (protip: hallfassing is not something that works in painting), and screwed up major in a lot of parts, but hey, this is a learning experience, and either way, I'm proud of her!

Originally the case was white and purple and well... I wasn't having any of that. So I gave it a nice silver in place of the white, and threw some metal cast blue on it for some stenciling here and there (and to tint the window). I also tinted the purple face plate with it for a deep blue. The pictures suck though, because I had to take them with an 80 dollar video camera. Yeah.

100_0448_small.jpg

In the patio (despite my parents complaints, it also doubles as my work room lol). Just finished stenciling. D'oh! Overspray, ah well.

IMG_0006_small.jpg

On my computer desk, fully assembled and in use.

IMG_0011_small.jpg

Tinted window shown and all of that jazz.

gotta love the old HP case with NO HP hardware in it ;)

-(Xyphox)- said:
gotta love the old HP case with NO HP hardware in it ;)
You said it! :D

Been using her for for a few years now and shes slowly but surely been stripped of her Compaq/HP soul.After finally replacing the motherboard, it just wouldnt have been right to keep it looking like the Compaq it once was, since all it had left was the original hard drive. :p

Very nice Job you 3 :)
(sorry for going off topic and thank you for deleteing)

Back