Post Your Painted Cases

Tman

Gawd
If you ever painted your case or bought a painted case post them here:
If you painted your mouse or other pc part then post them too!!

Here are 2 of mine-
DSC03619.jpg

DSC03601.jpg

DSC03573.jpg

DSC03581.jpg
DSC03586.jpg

thanks man, im diggin the paint on yours more though :p
auto paint - candy apple red
inside is painted silver

A Project with My "was" 7 year old, He just turned 8 this week. His ideas and colors.
Its a Old Gateway.

B0043401.jpg

b0043422.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Inner shell with Guts back in "Woot nice and clean" :D
Picture011.jpg

The outer in paint.
Picture031.jpg

Almost togeather
Picture052.jpg

A happy kid
Picture054.jpg

Some people dont like the Yellow and camo, But FUK em, For a 7 year old to pick what he wants "and help" and to be happy with out come "Which is actualy very nice in person" is what its about. I am still not completly done with it. Im waiting for the right 5 in LCD to pop up so I can build it into the front.
His main PC needs, Cartoon network, MS paint, The one and ONLY original QUAKE "Frag name "Spike". We go online every so often and people are doubtful that he is as young as he is, He whoops em! Yes there is still a few servers running the original QUAKE.

Nice paintjob Tazzman, I am very impresssed! I was curious, did you prep the interior chassis of the case at all? I have problems with putting paint on the inside, it seems to develop that "orange peel" effect when I apply paint. Also what kind of paint did you use? (Automotive, Krylon, etc..)

the orange peel effect will happen anytime you use spray cans. there is no way around it unless you use more expensive techniques to paint it like spray guns and such. to get rid of the orange peel you'll need to sand the coats.

Hondaman4ever said:
Nice paintjob Tazzman, I am very impresssed! I was curious, did you prep the interior chassis of the case at all? I have problems with putting paint on the inside, it seems to develop that "orange peel" effect when I apply paint. Also what kind of paint did you use? (Automotive, Krylon, etc..)

Prep, Complete wash with soap and water =Completly dry it out "a day or so" Scotch brite pad = Skuf it up for primer to bite. Light coat of primer.
The the painting.
#1 I work for a high end Body shop, No I didnt paint it at work. "I work in the office" And I dont think its worth putting a hundread bucks worth of product on a simple PC case.
#2 High quality Spay can paint I think it was Krylon? 2 stage type Color and clear. Bought it at Home Depot.

The trick to painting is to apply a little at first to cover.. This avoids the peel effect. When the color is completly covered and no primer ghosting is seen through, Another light coat is applied. NOT heavy coats "YET" :D

Then start with the clear, same Light coat to cover let flash for a few minutes the Bury the clear to a high gloss " this is where it becomes very very tricky, If you BURY it to fast it RUNS, If you bury it to light and slow you will get the PEEL effect. :eek:

Practice on a small part first to get the hang of it.

I had a Friends case done at My shop, I built him a Theme PC to match his truck . It was a suprise B day present from me and the boss, The boss gave me a Old Compaq, I gutted it, Stripped it down, Had the painter match the truck, Here is the out come, It was a mild theme, Didnt want to go to crazy. The paint on the case was Extremly Perfect! Actualy made his new truck look kinda .. Well more cheap haha :D
jasonpcwtruck.jpg

sn_85 said:
the orange peel effect will happen anytime you use spray cans. there is no way around it unless you use more expensive techniques to paint it like spray guns and such. to get rid of the orange peel you'll need to sand the coats.
:rolleyes:
Wrong.
It can be handled with technique and paitence. And yes if you do get the Peel effect you can Wet sand and buff it down.

If time is taken you can acheive a perfect finish without the peel effect.

Tazzman
I just wanted to tell you "very nice job on your sons case" Also it is very pimp that you
help your kid out with his pc and etc. I wish my dad would.

One day I took him to Impact gaming Center (local lan area) and played a little cs 1.6 with
him for about 10 min untill i see User JoeDog has left the game I look over and yep.
There is my dad playing Hearts agian. the funny thing was that he was actually not bad
for not knowing anything or ever doing it before.

thats gotta be the best before and after ever.
you guys got some crazy painting skills.
i got drips on all my shit, so its not even worth showing
:)

soulsaver_8229 said:
d00d that owns for realz tho.........um question tho, you get them backwords? :p
i highly doubt that case comes with the flower pattern :p

nice job, looks awesome, wanna come walpaper my house?! :D :p

soulsaver_8229

A couple of links...

http://www.directron.com/flowercase.html
http://www.directron.com/2010004.html

It came that way...a local shop had it for $25 (full aluminum case, couldn't pass it up)...so I sanded it down and painted it.

I had a thread about it here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=870658&page=1&pp=20 and http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=876671 ...So the before and after is in the correct spot :)

XD, yeah, Tman should STFU cause we already know about his cases, I swear to god he's created about 4 threads like this all posting like 50 pictures of his 2 coolermasters.

Sorry man, but, it gets kind of annoying after a while. We get it, you have 2 nicely painted cases, now, leave us be.

We understand that they are nice, there is no need for you to rub it in our faces now is there?

Other then that, I painted a case black from white. It sucks cause the paint didn't have a finish I liked =\.

awesome cases peple i especially like the tqwo wavemasters and the orange stacker very unique and interesting i would post mine cept i cant find my camera

Honestly guys, I am not one that likes to brag and Im not trying to.
Yes at times it may seam so. But the fact is that I dont want to or try to.

if hes proud of the way his cases turned out who gives a fuck? man you guys cry over some stupid shit.....

In no way am I crying =), more like annoyed that i've now seen I think 5 threads started by Tman where he shows off his case that he didn't even paint.

KrakenGuy said:
In no way am I crying =), more like annoyed that i've now seen I think 5 threads started by Tman where he shows off his case that he didn't even paint.
So put him on Ignore and look at the other cases! :confused:

KrakenGuy said:
hey i had to put up with Icewind pimping his LD90+ for like 3 months straight, any threads to do with lcd's he posted his pics with farcry running

lol i dealt with it i laughed a lot, but hey hes proud of his screen.......tman likes his cases, dam good job yeah he didnt paint them, hed prolly do a craptacular job

but so what, its his case done his way :p and no h8 to Icewind at all!

soulsaver

soulsaver_8229 said:
you should paint that IDE cable or find a black one :p

thats sticking out so bad :p

soulsaver
Those are old pictures, i'll get some new ones up as soon as i get a decent camera

Black IDEs? Where? Linkie please! Or someone can PM it to me if it'll sidetrack the thread.

When Tman was blatantly advertising for the guy who did the cases, that was sorta annoying, but at least it's not in his sig anymore.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
My case mod the hydra
it's my first paint job. If you enlarge, you'll see that I made few mistakes here and there

few mistakes is an understatement.
I see where your trying to go though, its like a mona lisa!
:)

k, i know that this is not one of my cases or etc... but...
here is a nano i painted

RedNano.jpg

oooh looks nice, how did you mask off the screen and white signs on the scroll wheel? What kinda paint did you use?

Around 2 years ago:

case0009.jpg

I have few more, I'll try to find them. Lost bunch of pics in the recent hard drive crash

how do I paint them?
-take them apart
-mask
-stencil a few of the letters

use paint such as House of Color and etc.

image0111es.jpg

painted018small1tu.jpg

picture875custom5cs.jpg

image0020eq.jpg

paint is house of kolor had some put in a spray can as a test

like the color gotta buy more
and do some more work to the paint then clear it and buff it

btw color is chartreuse neon

have to sand the stock texured paint as well may get it line-xed or mayb
e just gloss balck dont know yet

Back