Post your Oblivion pics here!

CodeX said:

Try doing THAT on a 360/PS3 :D

So tell me, how does it feel running around as the whore of Tamriel? or Cyrodil or whatever the damn land is called lol :p

RailGunRiz said:
So tell me, how does it feel running around as the whore of Tamriel? or Cyrodil or whatever the damn land is called lol :p

Fun. Mods are fun. I have over a hundred, the girl is just one of them. Besides, my girlfriend likes it too. She has her own slutty character. ;)

I wish my girlfriend would play games like oblivion... she's more interested in dumb scrabble (pc and board) and mario kart on N64 and SNES... she's down for a Wii though.

is it me or god damn! Oblivion is still good looking coming up on a year after release?

Presto88 said:
is it me or god damn! Oblivion is still good looking coming up on a year after release?

yes, yes it is. it's the most demanding game I run on my PC right now, even FEAR runs at higher resolutions :p

oblivion is just sexy.

Damn the pics from Oblivion look sweet.

I still have yet to even try oblivion or see it running on someone else's machine. Why? I've been waiting to build a new rig so that when I do finally see it I can run it at Full specs and in its full glory...rather than half-assing it on my current dinosaur of a rig.

Can't wait for February to build the new beast and finally play this game!

MrGuvernment said:
you think something has kick ass graphics and to me it looks like crap and something a console could pop out easily

Presto88 said:

Skudmunky said:
yes, yes it is. it's the most demanding game I run on my PC right now, even FEAR runs at higher resolutions. oblivion is just sexy.

So, it either looks like crap, or it looks really good... sounds like MrGuvernment has a case of sour grapes. Dissapointed with your x360 purchase are you? I don't blame you... :D

The only thing that pisses me off about oblivion is the view distance.. Even with the mods I've found, it still looks like crap! (view distance that is, you know how it gets all blobbing and totally ruins the experience)

Is there any fix? :confused:

damn i feel like playing the game again, and call me crazy but half the fun is getting and installing the right mods

Here's some of my pics:

Sure I could up the graphics a bit but it looks pretty good in action and it's smooth:

I thought this guy was goofy looking so I decided to include him:

I thought this was a cool screenshot:

I thought this was cool too:

OMG! MY OBLIVION HORSE HAS A BUTT HOLE!!!!!

screenshot5eu1.jpg

CodeX said:
How many times do I have to say it, I wasn't talking about the graphics. If you think all there is to games is graphics I feel sorry for you. However, if you do want to compare console graphics to PC graphics we could start another thread for it... but no one would be so stupid to say that consoles games look better than PC games... or would they?

Try doing THAT on a 360/PS3

i saw no mention of game play, all i saw was pictures.

Seems like Imageshack made my screens tiny. I'll post some more that aren't!

My character atm, Ella's the name (level 2 right now)
43mn0nc.jpg

Nice view
2edtlrc.jpg

I'll play some more tonight and hopefully I'll get some good pictures

^ No offense, but the last shot looks horrible.

Blurry as hell textures, short view distance, and no details at all.

And Presto, I should hope that a game still looks good after a year... Otherwise that game must have some pretty crappy graphics.

Look at HL2, still regarded by many (there's a thread here for proof asking which [current] game has best graphics) as the best graphics of any current game.

Of course, HL2 is constantly being updated via steam, adding new graphical features and whatnot, but still... even in it's stock form it is a BEAUTIFUL game.

And then you apply the cinematic mod. Almost photorealistic.

MrGuvernment said:
i saw no mention of game play, all i saw was pictures.

Oh please, you saw pictures of a girl character wearing goth lingerie, I'm sure that is standard on the x360 version :rolleyes:

You knew what I was talking about and if you didn't you're a moron

GJSNeptune said:
Wow, two pages of "Post your Oblivion pics here!" and all we have are five picture links from one person and six thumbnails from another. :(

I'll help out. I haven't played in ages (no time) but I have screens:

http://www.****************************/obl1.jpg

http://www.****************************/obl2.jpg

http://www.****************************/obl3.jpg

http://www.****************************/obl4.jpg

http://www.****************************/obl5.jpg

Actually, probably quite a few.

Most people have several characters, the only ones anyone wants to SEE are the girl characters.

Steve said:

Most people have several characters, the only ones anyone wants to SEE are the girl characters.

Yea if it's a theif or a mage, I usually lean torward a girl. If it's more of a "good" moralled character then it's a guy.

Here some recent pics

OB_waterdock.jpg

OB_stone.jpg

OB_Bruma.jpg

OB_fight.jpg

No AA sadly ( I need my HDR). I might get myself a decent ATi card soon tho

Sorry just a 6600 here, hoping to upgrade some time this coming spring, but here's some more:
2cp2fj6.jpg

4drfdqo.jpg

2vwin87.jpg

My brother's look much better, I'll get some screenshots tomorrow

Steve said:
I'll help out. I haven't played in ages (no time) but I have screens:

http://www.****************************/obl1.jpg

http://www.****************************/obl2.jpg

http://www.****************************/obl3.jpg

http://www.****************************/obl4.jpg

http://www.****************************/obl5.jpg

What mods are you running?

Steve said:

QFT

I have only two characters (yet I've logged countless hours on them). One's a male dark elf that's melee (sword + shield) plus destruction magic. The other is a nord female who is a bow user w/healing magic and good sneak/security abilities.

evilcartman said:
QFT

I have only two characters (yet I've logged countless hours on them). One's a male dark elf that's melee (sword + shield) plus destruction magic. The other is a nord female who is a bow user w/healing magic and good sneak/security abilities.

I have all male characters besides this one, but I'm proud of her because she's the only character I've made who wasn't incredibly ugly.

Ok, I was running around the mountains today, so there's a couple of mountain shots. Mostly scenic shots, not much going on with my character right now.

1--Outside of Skingrad
2--Forget where, but this picture "feels" realistic to me
3--Bravil way off in the distance (probably have to view full size to see it)
4--This one should be a postcard

And Steve, that is an awesome looking character.

CodeX said:
Oh please, you saw pictures of a girl character wearing goth lingerie, I'm sure that is standard on the x360 version :rolleyes:

You knew what I was talking about and if you didn't you're a moron

lose the grade 2 name calling, it only shows you have no argument back because you know i was right.

Why do you assume i knew what your talking about? i dont follow what mods might be out for a game i have no interest in, i dont know what you can do with a character in Oblivion.

blade52x said:
Ok, I was running around the mountains today, so there's a couple of mountain shots. Mostly scenic shots, not much going on with my character right now.

Wow those shots look great! What environment mod are you using? and can you give me a link? and can you give me ballpark framerates? I must say your x1900xt runs the game nicely

Sorry for the slue of questions :)

Geo Fry said:
Wow those shots look great! What environment mod are you using? and can you give me a link? and can you give me ballpark framerates? I must say your x1900xt runs the game nicely

Sorry for the slue of questions :)

This is my favorite site for texture mods: TOTO

Extra mods I've installed are (you'd have to search these up because I don't remember where I got these): Alive Waters, Almost Everything VWD (shows all distant buildings), Low Poly Grass, and Atmospheric Weather System. (<- think that's what you were asking for)

ugridstoload = 7 (in the ini file)
bforcefullLOD = 1 (in the ini file)

Pretty much everything else is left the same. I didn't look to much at tweakguides, I probably should.

Overall, in the dense forest area, I average about 20fps. Cities are like 40fps, and dungeons hit my v-sync limit. Though that may change because Qarl is working a texture Pack 3! Which will greatly improve textures indoors. If I don't have 4xAA on, I pretty much hold 25+ fps in the dense wooded areas. It's definently a hit from the vanilla Oblivion (probably about 5fps lost), but well worth it! ;)

Oh and here's something I recommend 8800GTS/8800GTX owners to try out. In the Oblivon ini, play around with the following things:

uGridDistantTreeRange=15
uGridDistantCount=25

Here's a before and after I changed them (from 15/25 to 75/85)

Before FPS: 48
After FPS: 12 (Ouch!)

I don't know if this tweak is GPU depedant, CPU dependant, RAM dependant, or etc. But I'd give it a try because the views are amazing!

Im guessing it more GPU dependent than anything. Since you cranked up the view distance it has much more to draw, shade, etc.

Hmmm I wonder how good the 8800's will be able to handle that.

blade52x said:
Oh and here's something I recommend 8800GTS/8800GTX owners to try out. In the Oblivon ini, play around with the following things:

uGridDistantTreeRange=15
uGridDistantCount=25

Here's a before and after I changed them (from 15/25 to 75/85)

Before FPS: 48
After FPS: 12 (Ouch!)

I don't know if this tweak is GPU depedant, CPU dependant, RAM dependant, or etc. But I'd give it a try because the views are amazing!

I am definitely trying that out b/c right now even with the TOTO texture mods my FPS has never gone down below 45FPS.

pcfan10110 said:
I am definitely trying that out b/c right now even with the TOTO texture mods my FPS has never gone down below 45FPS.
if your $19,342 computer can't do it then that's pretty sad.

shit man, I want your rig... my other half would kill me if I dropped that amount on a pc though :S ... I can always say I won it ;)

CodeX said:
So, it either looks like crap, or it looks really good... sounds like MrGuvernment has a case of sour grapes. Dissapointed with your x360 purchase are you? I don't blame you... :D

Said it look like crap compared to what people have put out, but you explained that you didnt have your graphics card details cranked, and you were pointing out a mod, something i was not aware of, to me it looked like you were saying a console could not do those kind of graphics.

Back