Post Your Networkdiagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
network.jpg

NEPA-LAN.jpg

Plans for an event I may be supplying network euipment for.

(That is if someone ever helps me in my NPI Cables post. Its only one layer up, go look at it and help me out).

It would appear that Visio must be quite popular on p2p networks...

Starbearer-NetworkDiagram_8x6.jpg

Home Network

Updated: 2006-08-20, the network has changed quite considerably since my last update!

avansnetwork2ug.jpg

My first attempt at drawing with Visio, so dont laugh too hard..... :(

It would appear that Visio must be quite popular on p2p networks

MS offers a Visio 2003 Pro trial for 30 days free.

I think an inversed image fits the forum theme a bit better, no?

Here's my brand new (as of yesterday) diagram:

Network_Diagram.jpg

I was so tired of the wireless router (now using as wireless switch) going down frequently, that I spent about 4 hours each setting up and testing m0n0wall, Smoothwall 2.0, Smoothwall 3.0 Alpha (DHCP RED interface client bug fuxored me up bad...), and pfSense, I'll probably go back to pfSense once they reach a 1.0 release.

Finally settled on IPCop using RED BLUE GREEN setup with my PC on Blue (DMZ), and DMZ pinhole setup to be able to fileshare/print to the GREEN network (everything behind the wireless switch) using two separate subnets, on 10.0.x.x

I'm rather happy now that a linux box is running the network, because the Netgear router absolutely choked on 1k concurrent connections, had no QoS service to speak of, dropped packets like mad, and had problems just with DNS requests and would often appear to have cached corrupt DNS entries and require a reflash... no more!

network.jpg

I don't know how to use visio - it's complicated sorry best i could do

Im pretty skilled at MS-paint, So i figured I would draw up my current network. Its about 1/3 of what it was, ive given away a lot of my shit (leaving for the USAF).

netwerk.JPG

I sold the network server pictured in there for $70.00. 4x comcrap proliant socket 8. The thing had some insanley loud 120mm fans in it, yet still managed to get the cpu's hot as hell. Found out that I had some weird mismatched ram in it that really pissed it off. Its now happily living with its sister, a large 10 (or was it 12) bay hot-swappable SCSI tower that plugs into the proliant.

My cdrom tower isnt pictured, its in a persistive vegitative state... The court (me) hasnt decided if they want to go out in the snow and shoot it to pecies yet.

Only problem is having enough tables.. My basement is big, but i dont have anywhere to put the systems on! I needed to borrow a TON of tables to get my last lan going. And that sucked taking them down my stairs....

I was troubleshooting a problem my brother was having with his laptop connecting to the internet and I asked him to draw me a picture of his setup to help me figure out what was going on.

He sent me this:

Diagram.jpg

Made me lol enough to make me want to post it here.

Edit: No, his name is not Jak

agrikk said:
I was troubleshooting a problem my brother was having with his laptop connecting to the internet and I asked him to draw me a picture of his setup to help me figure out what was going on.

He sent me this:

Diagram.jpg

Made me lol enough to make me want to post it here.

Edit: No, his name is not Jak

rofl

SIlverSkull said:
Shaw hey? Where do you live?

I don't got one yet but once I setp my PPP server and such then I will have to make one :D:D

i live in teh calgary, just like j0o. i have shaw extreme now actually, still a little too slow since in HK you can get a 50mbit down for the equiv of $30 CAD! i pay $50CAD a month for a shitty 7mbit

internets.jpg

Just updated the other night.
Only changes I would like to make are officially setting up my domain as a real domain. IE get some DNS servers to put alt169.com directly to my house. Currently teh domain is forwarded through godaddy... sad thing is though, Verizon blocks the port 80 :( SBC, before I moved, did not. I also want to add an Exchange server later on just ot tinker around and I may keep it on full time for myself. I also hope to add a HTPC and a car PC over the next year or so. And I may be adding a VPN connection between mine and my best friends house 1500 miles away to setup a trust relationship between domains just to tinker around and learn more about that.

:edit
Also I am having problems getting VPN to pass through my router. IIRC a while back I plugged in directly with my server, bypassing the router. It worked just fine. On the router I have the proper ports forwarded (47 & 1723) to the domain server, and the VPN passthrough options checked, but it still does not work. So if anyone reads this, and has a solution (or possible sollution) let me know.
Home_Network.png

rusek said:
Really though, only the Nortel Switch is used when we have a LAN party. The hubs are just there because I have them wired up right now.

Large Size:
http://www.hunt101.com/img/378435-big.jpg

[IMG']http://www.hunt101.com/img/378435.jpg[/IMG]
umm.... we clearly know machines can be plugged into empty spots on a hub. This shit is so unnecessary....

here... I fixt your diagram
378435-big.jpg

Ezekial said:
umm.... we clearly know machines can be plugged into empty spots on a hub. This shit is so unnecessary....

here... I fixt your diagram
378435-big.jpg

lol, nice......

People always do that though here, try and put or talk about a huge network that they have and in reality they don't have shit. Oh well...

It was posted as a parody of the one that is posted at the top of the page that shows "Possible lan party computers"

rusek said:
It was posted as a parody of the one that is posted at the top of the page that shows "Possible lan party computers"
lol :D
good play
thumbup.gif

I was going to do that one... but never got around to it... and your's was fresh bait :D

Drawing1.gif

Here is mine. I will soon be adding a Wireless segment off of my smoothwall, so my neighbor can share my connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back