Post Your Networkdiagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR_K13

2[H]4U
I will start, Here is my home network. On the bottom is my house, on the top of the page are the small networks I set up at my Mom's and Dad's houses, they are modest , but I had fun doing them. If you want software to make network diagrams you can use , http://www.networknotepad.com/ ( free) http://www.smartdraw.com/ ( free for a while ) or visio
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010857981033.aspx
u_DR_K13

allnetwork1.jpg

Here is mine. I've added 2 Dell SC420's (Not Shown) but everything else is about the same.

Edit: New Picture Added below

A fresh drawing of the latest changes to my network setup:

netoverview.jpg

First off, I turfed the Symantec Gateway Security 5420 Appliance, since it was starting to cost more and more to keep it running (damned licensing). Gone now.

Added a ZoT 2-Port USB Network Print Server to attach printers to the network with (which makes printing from anywhere a HELL of a lot easier).

Next, I ran some extra network lines over to the proposed rack area & a new cabinet area, where I'll be installing some more SETI@Home II crunchers (dual systems, and a new AXP) in the near future (hence the "Under Construction" tags, as parts are in transit right now).

Finally, I got around to wiring up the Gigabit Backchannel between my main system (Merlin) and my main backup storage server system Nautilus (U160 SCSI array). Transfers are just a "tad" faster now versus that old 100 Mbps setup. Good network cards make all the difference! :)

All in all, the network is slowly taking shape.

I'm thinking next I'll work towards setting up a dedicated web-server & e-mail server on a dedicated SDSL connection seperate from the rest of the network.

Simguy and Cactus Jack, what are you using to do them in?

SimGuy said:
A fresh drawing of the latest changes to my network setup:

netoverview.jpg

First off, I turfed the Symantec Gateway Security 5420 Appliance, since it was starting to cost more and more to keep it running (damned licensing). Gone now.

Added a ZoT 2-Port USB Network Print Server to attach printers to the network with (which makes printing from anywhere a HELL of a lot easier).

Next, I ran some extra network lines over to the proposed rack area & a new cabinet area, where I'll be installing some more SETI@Home II crunchers (dual systems, and a new AXP) in the near future (hence the "Under Construction" tags, as parts are in transit right now).

Finally, I got around to wiring up the Gigabit Backchannel between my main system (Merlin) and my main backup storage server system Nautilus (U160 SCSI array). Transfers are just a "tad" faster now versus that old 100 Mbps setup. Good network cards make all the difference! :)

All in all, the network is slowly taking shape.

I'm thinking next I'll work towards setting up a dedicated web-server & e-mail server on a dedicated SDSL connection seperate from the rest of the network.

is this a network at work? or why would you have such a humangous network?

Mauli said:
is this a network at work? or why would you have such a humangous network?

Nope. This is my wired network at home, which is constantly expanding. Why? You can never have enough systems. :)

here is my [rl=http://www.nailbat.com/gallery/current-network]home network[/url] diagram, created in visio:
[ig]http://www.nailbat.com/albums/current-network/currentnetwork02.gif[/img]

5Mbit Roadrunner [ really, more often then not it runs closer to 7mbit ] > Toshiba Cable Modem > 2wire Wireless/4port ethernet Router > Cat5 to my PC/802.11b to junk PC

network234.JPG

Do i need a gateway/server for my one comp, i dont think so but i still have one so as that i can say i have a home network
note: my gateway connects to the external network through a westell modem, and to the internal network with a netgear ds104 hub

locutus24 said:
http://www.iupload.net/022005/network234.JPG
Do i need a gateway/server for my one comp, i dont think so but i still have one so as that i can say i have a home network
note: my gateway connects to the external network through a westell modem, and to the internal network with a netgear ds104 hub

Hey, that's another layer between you and the big bad interweb. You might as well have it just for a little piece of mind. :)

I was lying actually, SME server distro wont recognize my microsoft card lol so right now im using the sp2 firewall lol rofl. Im going to get a new intel eepro card, then i will have everything going.
Sorry bout' that at the time i thought i had it going, but then i got to the point of where i realized that it wasnt picking up my nic

diagram1rz.jpg

Yup, that's it... I also have an 8 port switch laying around and another router... I don't get free comps from offices :(

no, it was auto-generated through Nortel's Optivity software.

all icons are movable, it will show all link connections (i..e, slot #, port #) if i zoom in
will show speeds of each link, multi-linked trunks of each link, you can move any icon/object around,

but that's just the visual part ;)

Why so many comps :confused: :eek: I just have two 2400 dells one wired to a netgear wireless router, and the second is on a wifi in another room

locutus24 said:
Why so many comps :confused: :eek: I just have two 2400 dells one wired to a netgear wireless router, and the second is on a wifi in another room

HAHA! im using teh intarnet!!11 (new network)

HomeNetwork.jpg

enforcer17 said:
Cuz he's [H]ard and you're not :p
Just for that im going to go pick up 30 P2 333 systems, and network all of them together while lol'ing

locutus24 said:
Just for that im going to go pick up 30 P2 333 systems, and network all of them together while lol'ing

that would be coool actually, make a render farm... and then you can render lots of stuff really quick!

klowngoblin said:
that would be coool actually, make a render farm... and then you can render lots of stuff really quick!

Shaw hey? Where do you live?

I don't got one yet but once I setp my PPP server and such then I will have to make one :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back