Post your mobile data speeds

Tup3x

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I'm curious to see what speeds people are getting.

Kicked ADSL out and switched to LTE as main internet connection.
2451588997.png

75907214.png

Plan: LTE speed capped to 50 Mbit, 19,99 €/month unlimited data. Huawei B593 Router. With better position I get >40 Mbit for upload. Makes me want to pay the 10 € extra for chance to get near 100 Mbit.

Lumia 920, unlimited 3G HSPA-DC data for 10 €/month:
wp_ss_20130120_0001ssjwp.png

Last edited:
Going under the assumption we do not have a thread for this by now, then:

Phone: Google/LG Nexus 4 16GB (via Google Play for $350 + t/s).

Plan: T-Mobile "Unlimited 4G" Data ($30.50 per month).

In Washington DC area:

screenshot2013012207410.png

Last edited:
These speeds you guys post make me a very sad Sprint customer.

Here in the UK with the 4g ee galaxy note 10.1 at home in Worksop where there isnt supposed to be any 4g:
346357621.png

I used to have sprint in san diego, I was tickled pink to get on cingular.

350367897.png

T-Mobile in Phoenix on my Nexus 4. *sigh*

Be glad you get that with Tmobile. I work on the north border of DFW Airport and have no internet most of the time. That's right next to one of the busiest airports in the world with no internet. Tmobile is super awesome.

Holy wow, unbelievable. You should only have to pay for talk/text, that's crazy.

No, because I have smartphone and will be using excessively more data, I get to pay the 10$ a month data premium / 4G access fee (even though there has never been 4G here) on top off my normal bill :rolleyes:

tried to tell them once I was getting crappy data speeds, but apparently they consider this normal.

At the house via Airave I can get 8.33Mbps down and 2.92 up, off of it best I have seen is 0.23 down, and 0.40 up. this in the middle the city as well.

I got see if the wifes phone is pulling similar speeds... if so I may be able to leverage it to end her contract without paying ETF. Unfortunitly she has about 15 months lft on hers, though she now gets a 25% discount on verizon, once her contract ends

Not too great, but I have crap service at home (1-2 bars). Sad that this is still faster than 84% of the US. The best I've seen on my N4 on ATT is 10 mbps down/1 mbps up, but 3-7 down/1 up is more typical.

Last edited:
Not too bad...Between Huntsville and Gadsden...Boaz. AL actually...:D

Screenshot_2013_01_24_23_34_55.png

Last edited:
You guys with speeds atleast 20Mb/s down streaming can go to hell lol.

Since I don't have service ATM my best were about:
7-9Mb/s down
4-5Mb/s up
Around 100ish for the ping.

T-Mobile's $30 prepay 100min/ Unlimited web and text on a Galaxy Exhibit.

From my understanding, T-Mobile has only just started rolling out its LTE coverage in the US (Las Vegas a week ago).

You guys with speeds atleast 20Mb/s down streaming can go to hell lol.

Since I don't have service ATM my best were about:
7-9Mb/s down
4-5Mb/s up
Around 100ish for the ping.

T-Mobile's $30 prepay 100min/ Unlimited web and text on a Galaxy Exhibit.

AT&T and Verizon usually have the highest speeds and the most stable connections at least in terms of HSPA+/4G LTE.

The worst performer is Sprint. I find Sprint's connections to be very unstable and slow.

From my understanding, T-Mobile has only just started rolling out its LTE coverage in the US (Las Vegas a week ago).

Its in more then just vegas, they have a road map on their site that shows the areas its already available in.

445404644.png

Yeah, not going to impress anyone testing at noon next to one of the largest university campuses in the world. Still, usable and consistent with no dropping off or anything and a very strong signal no matter where I'm at. Even so, it's expensive to get that and I'm looking to buy my next phone outright rather than get suckered in for another contract (and lose unlimited data to boot).

Its in more then just vegas, they have a road map on their site that shows the areas its already available in.

Can't seem to find that official T-Mobile LTE coverage map. Searching their site for "LTE" leads me to old 2012 postings about their plans for it, and all I can find via Google is random articles saying how they've launched LTE service in Las Vegas a week ago with some other random cities like Kansas City just now becoming live in past days.

Can't seem to find that official T-Mobile LTE coverage map. Searching their site for "LTE" leads me to old 2012 postings about their plans for it, and all I can find via Google is random articles saying how they've launched LTE service in Las Vegas a week ago with some other random cities like Kansas City just now becoming live in past days.

It seems to me those are their test markets but it's not actually live in either of those markets quite yet.

349257601.png

Sprint, San Diego
4G unlimited on Galaxy S

Pretty damn awesome
This is exactly why I left Sprint after 8 years. I averaged less than 0.50mbps during my commute to work, most of the time on 1x, which made it completely unusable. At the train station, I get no signal. Turning on Wimax would only kill the battery because it kept shifting between 4g and 3g.

At least they're finally building out LTE, but too little too late. I'm on Straighttalk ATT now with a N4, and although the speed isn't blazing like others here, averaging 4-6mbps on my commute seems like heaven compared to Sprint. Besides, I only browse casually and no streaming, so don't really need LTE speeds.

432084747.png

Not sure why it's saying I did the test at 3.45am when I did the test at 7.45pm...This was the best I ever got, mostly I average around 25-30...

208652172.png

Verizon, Galaxy Nexus.

This is my record. I was on I-5 headed south through Tacoma. Normally I get pretty crappy speeds here in Eugene, OR. I guess I should be grateful that Verizon finally brought 4G to Eugene. I live near the University of Oregon and I get crappy reception and speeds. If I drive a couple miles west I get consistent 20MB/s down speeds and great reception. When I'm on campus in one of the buildings I often lose 4g altogether and end up with 1 or 2 bars of 3g. Bleh.

208652172.png

Verizon, Galaxy Nexus.

This is my record. I was on I-5 headed south through Tacoma. Normally I get pretty crappy speeds here in Eugene, OR. I guess I should be grateful that Verizon finally brought 4G to Eugene. I live near the University of Oregon and I get crappy reception and speeds. If I drive a couple miles west I get consistent 20MB/s down speeds and great reception. When I'm on campus in one of the buildings I often lose 4g altogether and end up with 1 or 2 bars of 3g. Bleh.

Very impressive, although I've seen 60Mbps+ down and 20Mbps+ up on Verizon.

Back