Post your home studio/Dj Setup pics!

ADDICT76

Limp Gawd
Like the title says I'm looking to see what some of you are using for your home studios. I'm thinking about taking the plunge and creating my own music and would like to see what some of you guys use. I'm mostly into techno/trance/electronic if that matters.

I'll have to take some shots of my latest, I've got a pretty modest rig running a firebox with KRK V4 monitors, but it gets the job done very very well. Do you have any hardware yet?

None, I was hoping for some educated suggestions. I am a complete noob, so I'd love to hear from those well versed.

At home, I monitor exclusively through headphones through either my Mbox 2 or through the Prelude. I generally use the Senn HD650s paired with a Headroom Micro Amp, which is actually sufficient "enough" for audio mastering, I think. It seems to get the job done well enough for my needs.

I do sound design primarily, but I do some sweetening freelance. So, my rig's fairly simple.

It seems like once a month or so I get the itch to get a pair of Genelecs for near-field monitoring, but I never can quite stomach the idea of spending that much money for monitors.

At home, I monitor exclusively through headphones through either my Mbox 2 or through the Prelude. I generally use the Senn HD650s paired with a Headroom Micro Amp, which is actually sufficient "enough" for audio mastering, I think. It seems to get the job done well enough for my needs.

I do sound design primarily, but I do some sweetening freelance. So, my rig's fairly simple.

It seems like once a month or so I get the itch to get a pair of Genelecs for near-field monitoring, but I never can quite stomach the idea of spending that much money for monitors.

I'm sure you've seen this plenty of times but you cannot mix on headphones

In regards to mastering, you really need a fresh pair of ears on a high end monitoring chain so you can pick up any issues the previous engineer mixed before as well as widening the stereo field and so on and so forth....

If you meant just boosting the gain at your home studio, then that's not mastering....

Sorry if I come off harsh, I've just been through this with plenty of folks.... I need more coffee...

For recording , we have an old school studio going on with two 8 track Adats gear over @ my guitar players place. For the mix-down we have some great old studio monitors that we found at the good will for $15.00 for both (with the 399.99 each price tag under the speaker grille).

I'll try and swipe some pics tonight.

If you meant just boosting the gain at your home studio, then that's not mastering....
You know, I could go off into some long self-defending diatribe (which I'd be happy to go through...via PM), but I think I'll settle for one of these babies and call it a day: :rolleyes:

For the mix-down we have some great old studio monitors that we found at the good will for $15.00 for both
Nice find. What are they?

I can't remember right off the top of my head I will get more info tonight or tomorrow :)

Looking forward to some pics.

It just happens that I am getting the first pieces for my upcoming home studio today. :)

p1010043ft9.jpg

This one is pretty old, A&H Xone 62, Numark HDX/ Technics SL 1200's (not pictured)
I'll find some pics of our PA setup, sending from the phone is slow :eek:

mackiett2401ey2.jpg

mackiett2402yv6.jpg

Mackie TT24

I'll post up my setup when I get a chance, I'm in the middle of moving and setup up my dorm at college....

p1010646af7.jpg

Macbook Pro ( I use windows at home)

p1010647dg8.jpg

Novation Remote Zero SL midi controller

p1010648rv6.jpg

MOTU Ultralite

Place is a mess, none of it is really hooked up at the moment. Having issues with Live on windows

Here is my old dj setup from younger days of college. Nothing amazing.

Couple 1200s and a DJM 500 and a c-loops somewhere in my storage closet. pardon the pic quality from an iphone.

photo.jpg

This thread reminds me I seriously need to start transferring my 15 crates of vinyl to my comp.

Nice DJM 500? The 1200's looks like one of the newer ones. Power switch flush around the cylinder. Ortofons in the back as far as I can tell.

Nice DJM 500? The 1200's looks like one of the newer ones. Power switch flush around the cylinder. Ortofons in the back as far as I can tell.

;) Good eyes yah a Pioneer DJM 500 and those are 1200M3Ds. And ortofons (the ones you lick if they had contact issues). Although I never have had issues with them.

Running everywhere lately... Here's a pic i took a few months ago of my tables.

Nice man, Vestax ?, never owned one, but they are apparently less prone to skipping due to the straight tonearm design , are those Shure M447's?

Nice man, Vestax ?, never owned one, but they are apparently less prone to skipping due to the straight tonearm design , are those Shure M447's?

Yes and Yes :D
The torque on them is amazing. The lackluster numark mixer is going to be replaced very soon.
I love my Shure needles, I never quite caught on to the straight needles.

Back