Post your folding setup/infrastructure

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
foldingsetup1br8.jpg

FoldingLayout.jpg

Not counting the switch slots used for my 360 and connecting to the wireless bridge, I still have 2 more slots for future expansion :D

OOpppps, when you have to explain your flowchart.....you fail;):p

Here's my setup (minus the nice pictures) ...

1-Pentium Dual Core E2160 (1xSMP, notfred)
2-Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (1xSMP, notfred)
3-Sempron64 2800+ (WCG)
4-Sempron 2500+ (WCG) - wife's machine

Boxen 1-3 -> NetGear 5-port 10/100 switch -> Linksys BEFW11S4 router
Boxen 4 -> Linksys BEFW11S4 router

Comcast HSI via Motorola SB5100 cable modem (6/1 mbps)

^ That's crazy but a well-designed layout. :eek:

Here's mine (before my latest changes) :

XINET.jpg

Right now, the OCTANE, FUEL and TEZRO boxes is now pulled off and sold. Overall, it's still the same setup ;)

When you going to get the other 4 boxen? :p

Really, we've established that the 8800's work and you can let the empty boxes go. Gotta finish filling that rack! But seriously, its a great looking setup, though its way too neat for around here. :D

Back on topic, no fancy pictures or diagrams from me. But here's what I have:

Crappy D-link router, even crappier Linksky (yes, linksky, not Linksys :D) 8 port switch moving traffic.
Intel E6400 running LinSMP
AMD BE-2400/GF8800GS running GPU2 and one console client
Intel T2390 running 2 console clients
PS3
and a couple borged celerons that I think are still going but contribute next to nothing.
More to come this January. :D

2.png

More to come this January. :D

2.png

Hummmm...... Interesting:)

All I've got going right now is a P4 3g running the standard client under Ubuntu and a 4850 running the GPU2 client. All connected through a Linksys WRT54GS (my Untangle machine died....or, well, I killed it). My borg consists of 13 cele 2.8's running the standard client and an E6700 running two instances of the standard client.

Oh, and I just ate a big plate of eggs smothered in green chili I made yesterday, and my mouth is on fucking fire.

Seriously... it burns.

Hummmm...... Interesting:)

Oh, you like that? :D

My last purchase included a second 8800GS that requires a PCIe slot that is both 16x physically, and 16x electrically (I'm guessing, theres no supporting documentation to this effect). I can put either of the 8800's in the first PCIe slot of the BE-2400 and they work great. But neither card will even be recognized in the second slot (8x electrically) or the PCIe slot on my main rig (4x electrically wtf??????). So long story short, the mobo and GF6200 in my main rig are getting a bit long in the tooth and need replaced like yesterday. I just need a mobo that will cooperate a little better.

Just wait until I finally get done with school. I'll be turning in my [H]Mowed|Over Club card for good. :D

2.png

That setup could heat your house during the winter depending on how insulated your house is.:D

Definitely... With just 5 boxes, I had to open 2 windows during fall so it won't heat too much.

That setup could heat your house during the winter depending on how insulated your house is.:D

If you look at the walls you will see that I have gutted them. I have gutted all exterior wall and I am in the process of insulating and dry walling. With my electric bill running 10+ X's what it was before I started folding and seeing that I only have electric heat, I can not afford to turn on heaters and fold at the same time, I do plan to heat this winter just from the computers.

As I am adding 2 Dell Vostro 410's 2.4 Quad GeForce 8800 GT this week.

desk

router modem

wires run a muck

pc lcd lcd pc pc

chair

laptop way over there in bedroom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back