Post your ebay/geeks.com dual monitor arms

do you guys think this mount can support 2x Samsung 25" P2570HD's side by side?
samsung_syncmaster_p2570hd-150-150.jpg

more worried about fitment than weight, the LCD's are not that heavy...

Anyone have two 28 inchers or a combination of a 28 and a smaller LCD mounted? My geek sense is tingling and I'm tempted to go dual monitor, but I'm concerned about the pressure the clamp puts on my desk and the overall aesthetics.

I already have two Swan m200s, which are damn big speakers. This probably isn't the smartest idea, but upgraditis is itching like a mudda. lol

So I ended up getting a dual mount for $75 shipped (It was originally $69 or something but I did BIN 1 day too late). Bought it from tykesupply and got here within a few days. I mounted my 2 Viewsonic 22'' monitors on it. The stand is STURDY as hell.

The 2 biggest problems are if you don't clamp it to a desk and opt to use the stand it's UGLY as hell. The other problem is since it holds up to 24'' monitors and there is no extra hinge the only way to get the 2 monitors together is by pulling them towards you... I just don't have that much space on my desk. I wish I had known about the last issue since it's giving me a headache.

Here's a picture of the one I ordered:
icon-81464229.jpg

I'll post a picture of my setup as soon as I get some time.

I went all out and bought the Ergotron Side by Side LX arm. This thing is crazy it can pretty much put both monitors in whatever position you want. Almost 360deg in all axis of rotation! Also, they are nice and long to extend them wherever. This is the NEW version that just came out, I got mine straight from the manufactures warehouse although I ordered from Provantage. The price was pretty steep at $225 shipped but the build quality and features are fantastic. I'm not sure what, if anything, is different about this new version besides the polished aluminum as compared to the black or silver steel. It was the same price as the old ones.
img0959g.jpg

img0960u.jpg

img0961g.jpg

img0962z.jpg

I like the fact the monitors can face away from each other, that way a friend could bring their PC over and hook it up to one of the monitors and we could play a game against each other. Also, the mounting is ROCK solid. My desk is pretty solid to begin with but I can slam my fists on the desk and the monitors don't move whatsoever. The monitors could face straight upward for a standing sort of setup and can also be side by side vertically for whatever reason I'd want. The cable management is well implemented and they look fantastic. I have yet to adjust the tension, but it is a bit stiff right now, not exactly able to adjust the monitors with the touch of a finger like advertised, but again I haven't played with the tension yet. Almost every movable piece can have its tension adjusted.

Highly recommended!

speaking of tensioning...
I am looking at getting the ebay/geeks mount that many of you have and I was wondering how easy it is to move around/readjust.

I currently have the single monitor (2 joints) mount from monoprice and when you rotate the joins you are essentially screwing them tighter and they become impossible to move in one direction. This mount is also not so great because if it is extended outward the monitor sags.

im currently looking for one so if you have one reasonably priced lmk thanks.

Have a pair of Ergotron LXs as well and a 3rd in case I decide to try Eyefinity. Went with the wallmount versions though for mine. They hold my Dell U2410s easily and I've tried them on the Dell U2711 as well.

I can lift the displays way up and out of the way if I want to work on my PC at my desk or give it a quick cleaning.

Got em all from Provante for just over $100 each. The newer LX mounts are MUCH better than the older ones that were black/grey and metal and a ton of plastic. The raw aluminum is sweet!

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

Have a pair of Ergotron LXs as well and a 3rd in case I decide to try Eyefinity. Went with the wallmount versions though for mine. They hold my Dell U2410s easily and I've tried them on the Dell U2711 as well.

I can lift the displays way up and out of the way if I want to work on my PC at my desk or give it a quick cleaning.

Got em all from Provante for just over $100 each. The newer LX mounts are MUCH better than the older ones that were black/grey and metal and a ton of plastic. The raw aluminum is sweet!

That is one sweet setup!:D

so Im about to buy one of these monitor arms from cputopia on ebay but I have a question.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-LCD-Screen...Mount-NEW-/290463868424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

How freely can I rotate the monitors? I want to be able to simply rotate the left screen towards the left so I can watch TV from my bed more comfortably. My desk is to the front right of my bed, and currently I have to lay slant-ways to see the RIGHT screen (basically looking past the left screen which is rotated away from the bed). I would like to just be able to rotate the left screen so I can watch it from bed :p

So do these things swing fairly simply and easily? And is that the right mount to get (just want to make sure!)?? :D

EDIT:
So I also stumbled across a set of single monitor arms that claim "Full Range of Open Adjustability"
http://cgi.ebay.com/DUAL-2-LCD-FLAT...ARM-TABLE-/360289815133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Which would you go with??? I like how the one posted above has a gas shock inside so it will go up and down very easily, but if the cputopia mount is easy to move then I feel like I would rather have just one post visible on my desk (plus it is black so it will disappear better I think).

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
so Im about to buy one of these monitor arms from cputopia on ebay but I have a question.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-LCD-Screen...Mount-NEW-/290463868424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

How freely can I rotate the monitors? I want to be able to simply rotate the left screen towards the left so I can watch TV from my bed more comfortably. My desk is to the front right of my bed, and currently I have to lay slant-ways to see the RIGHT screen (basically looking past the left screen which is rotated away from the bed). I would like to just be able to rotate the left screen so I can watch it from bed :p

So do these things swing fairly simply and easily? And is that the right mount to get (just want to make sure!)?? :D

EDIT:
So I also stumbled across a set of single monitor arms that claim "Full Range of Open Adjustability"
http://cgi.ebay.com/DUAL-2-LCD-FLAT...ARM-TABLE-/360289815133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Which would you go with??? I like how the one posted above has a gas shock inside so it will go up and down very easily, but if the cputopia mount is easy to move then I feel like I would rather have just one post visible on my desk (plus it is black so it will disappear better I think).

Pay the money for the ergotron you will NOT be disappointed :)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The thing is the ergotron mount costs as much as both of my 22" LCD's do. I'm still in college so I don't have much to spend on high end gear. Maybe in a few years but for now i can deal with imperfections for now.
I think I'm gonna go with the cputopia mount because it has only one visible post

The thing is the ergotron mount costs as much as both of my 22" LCD's do. I'm still in college so I don't have much to spend on high end gear. Maybe in a few years but for now i can deal with imperfections for now.
I think I'm gonna go with the cputopia mount because it has only one visible post

Not a bad choice. You can always get an $ergotron$ after you graduate and get the rewarding high paying job of your dreams. Well, at least I wish that for you....

Yup just ordered it. Hopefully it will be here soon (shipping from i think AZ to CO should be fast).

Any install advice? Will the mount damage my desk/should I put anything between the wood and the mount? I have a solid desk, but the way it sits on the carpet makes it wobble ever so slightly when you bump it. How should I minimize wobble to the monitors?

Im not really worried about any of that though. I feel like it will all work out :D

Yup just ordered it. Hopefully it will be here soon (shipping from i think AZ to CO should be fast).

Any install advice? Will the mount damage my desk/should I put anything between the wood and the mount? I have a solid desk, but the way it sits on the carpet makes it wobble ever so slightly when you bump it. How should I minimize wobble to the monitors?

Im not really worried about any of that though. I feel like it will all work out :D

You may have to use a piece of wood so as to thicken the desk. If you have on of the Ikea desks that everyone uses it may be to thin.

Take the crossbar of if possible and attach it to the screens laying down on their fronts. Then slide it over the pole. This should keep the base from leaning to much to any one side.

Enjoy!:D

Do not waste your time with the Monoprice stand as it is poorly constructed. I have it and was very disappointed with it. :mad:

I have the same arm as the guy in the first post in this thread. I got them on Amazon for about sixty dollars. You can also get them here

I was worried it would be flimsy but it is solid metal and holds my 20inch LG and 23inch Dell monitors no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like cputopia is out. Anywhere else I can get a decent 2x 24" lcd mount for cheap? Monoprice stands only support up to 23".

Back