Post your ebay/geeks.com dual monitor arms

Well guys, after months of not having my mount (after selling my old monitors with my mount), I now will have my setup again. My desk mount came today from Fedex and I'll be setting it up tonight. Pictures soon :D I'll be putting 2 24" Sceptre's on it, so it should be interesting.

Well guys, after months of not having my mount (after selling my old monitors with my mount), I now will have my setup again. My desk mount came today from Fedex and I'll be setting it up tonight. Pictures soon :D I'll be putting 2 24" Sceptre's on it, so it should be interesting.

wooot wooot!!:D

Well guys, it's finished for the most part. I'm going to end up wall mounting my speakers when I get the time. Again, these are both 24" LCD's ^_^ This thing can definitely hold the weight, not even an issue. It's nice to have these monitors off my desk again :p If you've got any questions let me know!

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02499.jpg

DSC02501-1.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02508.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

DSC02512.jpg

Yah, that is one hella sweet setup there, dual 24" LCDs... I'm most definitely envious now. :)

Thanks 'Joe'! Well it didn't just end up in my hands. I did a ton of freelance work in the last 2 years. It paid off :p

I need a dual arm Wall mount arm, anyone know were to find one that wont cost me an arm and leg? geeks.com doesnt have any of the arms now and i am not seing anything good on ebay

Just loving the way your setups look with this monitor arm setup. Purchased!! Thanks [H]!

I need a dual arm Wall mount arm, anyone know were to find one that wont cost me an arm and leg? geeks.com doesnt have any of the arms now and i am not seing anything good on ebay

I'd check back later this week, it goes in and out of stock all the time. ^_^

I don't have a big enough edge on the back of my desk for this to work. I guess its time to get a new desk.

Can you measure the edge for me or take a picture? I should be able to tell you if it's enough

I have 1.5 inches. Probably a tiny bit more than that, since the desk top is not actually attached, so I can push it back a bit further. (The desk is 1.25 inches thick, and solid as can be, so Its not going anywhere)

I have 1.5 inches. Probably a tiny bit more than that, since the desk top is not actually attached, so I can push it back a bit further. (The desk is 1.25 inches thick, and solid as can be, so Its not going anywhere)

I wouldn't put the mount on a surface that isn't attached. Regardless of weight or thickness. I would recommend finding a way to securing the surface to the frame of the desk if possible. Granted, I did put this mount on a glass desk and it held up for ~8 months until I decided to buy a bigger desk.

This photo is about a year old or so.

DSC01669.jpg

But I had two 22" LCD's on there, now I have 24's. It won't take a ton to keep these monitors up.

I wouldn't put the mount on a surface that isn't attached. Regardless of weight or thickness. I would recommend finding a way to securing the surface to the frame of the desk if possible. Granted, I did put this mount on a glass desk and it held up for ~8 months until I decided to buy a bigger desk.

This photo is about a year old or so.

The desk is buillt like a tank, so not being attached isnt a problem. The top probably weights at least 50 lbs, so I know its not going anywhere.

The desk was made in the 40's, back when they didn't use cheap particle board and other stuff like that. I want a new desk anyway, so I don't know why I'm even posting this. I'm going to ikea today to look at the jerker/frederick.

Ok so after selling my zune I have money to buy this. I just ordered it, is there anything I should know before it comes? Is it hard to set up? Should I get longer DVI cables?

Ok so after selling my zune I have money to buy this. I just ordered it, is there anything I should know before it comes? Is it hard to set up? Should I get longer DVI cables?

Standard length DVI's should be fine, and it's easier then heck to set up. Just make sure you have a good ledge on your desk. I'd say about 2 inches or so.

So do you guys know of a monitor arm that can mount the two LCD's vertically instead of side by side? Specifically, I have two small 14''s that I'm using for a project, I would really like them to be stacked. If not it's cool, but I'd really like to find one.

Quick ebay look got me this one, link, but it is almost 100USD and I know nothing about the mount or the seller. When I searched ebay I typed, "dual monitor mount" if that helps any.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So do you guys know of a monitor arm that can mount the two LCD's vertically instead of side by side? Specifically, I have two small 14''s that I'm using for a project, I would really like them to be stacked. If not it's cool, but I'd really like to find one.

as far as i know this arm in is only horizontal. someone correct me if im wrong. there are others that are made to be used vertically

Curious, is there a way to detach just one of the arms? I was thinking about getting this for my setup but don't want this metal figure sticking out... if you know what I mean.

as far as i know this arm in is only horizontal. someone correct me if im wrong. there are others that are made to be used vertically

I have seen a version of this mount that is for 2 monitors stacked. Geeks has it occasionally although right now they appear to be out of all versions, the twin like in this thread, the twin vertical mount, and the quad mount.

So mine came today, I guess I kinda like it but I need to have my lcd's together but not so far out. I guess I going to have to keep messing with it.

Hmm.. that one that was vertical was perfect, but $100 is just too much for an aluminum tube with some clamps on it. I bet a person with a few tools and some know-how could make these (any type) fairly cheaply.

I'll keep looking!

this arm isnt $100...which one are you talking about

He is referring to mine where I did a quick search on ebay looking for a dual monitor setup that was vertical and not horizontal like this thread is about. I know there are better ones, but I never looked deeper into it.

I'm currently setting mine up with a black ikea desk and 2 24" mva soyos. I'll have photos up tomorrow maybe

Back