post your dell 2405fpw prices

Attean

Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
697
Ok so Im fixing to buy one in a few weeks. What should I shoot for getting on the dell rep? :cool:
 
939$ CAD so ~ 782 U$D last week during the 10 days of deals in Canada. On top of that I got an extra 5% from EPP.
 
i'm finally joining this forum after years of lurking :p. Anyways, I just ordered my 2405fpw off some guy from AT for 725 shipped. Keep an eye on for sale/trade, you never know.
 
$650 with 3 stacked coupons about a month and a half ago. Havent looked back since. ;)
 
Eric1285 said:
Got mine over the summer for $520 + tax. Called direct.


who exactly did you call? any tel #'s?
I have 3 on order, I'm trying to find out who or where to call at Dell to get a "slightly" better price?
Everytime I've called the toll free #, I end speaking to some Indian call center!
Can some one provide a tel # for a dell sales rep in Texas, no Indian telephone #'s please.
 
Eric1285 said:
Got mine over the summer for $520 + tax. Called direct.

Please post some contact info for your Dell salesman. Some of us out here would like a deal close to yours. Thanks.
 
Eric1285 said:
Got mine over the summer for $520 + tax. Called direct.

wtf. I need your name so I can say "my friend such and such got his for $520"! heh. Man that is crazy if you did. All of these are pretty crazy. I was aiming for $700.
 
Where are some good places to find those nice deals.. like 800 or less for the 2405? I would want to get it straight from dell preferably (warranty/replacement reasons).
 
doox00 said:
Where are some good places to find those nice deals.. like 800 or less for the 2405? I would want to get it straight from dell preferably (warranty/replacement reasons).

Ditto, I'm looking to buy 3 of these in the next week for the office.
 
you can get em right now for 899 with coupon code 86L$WJ5FX7CLS? but I really want to get it under 800.
 
MaX800XT said:
This must have been a refurb. There's no other explanation.

If this is the case, Eric, did you get any bad pixels or bleeding and did you get warranty?
 
Eric1285 said:
Got mine over the summer for $520 + tax. Called direct.

This guy is a jerk, he goes to every 2405 thread and posts this, even if it wasn't part of the discussion. He never explains how he did it. It'd be like me saying I got the 30" ACD for $1000 because I know people.

Examples of his past posts:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=954470
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=953930&page=2&pp=20
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=948370&page=2&pp=20
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=933190
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=932860
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=852484
 
Just got off the phone with dell small business. Guy I talked to kicked ass.. got it for 839.25 with free shipping.
 
Got a combo with the display and a dimension 9100 for $1200 after $100 mir sold the computer for $600 so 2405fpw = $600
 
jmanlp said:
Got a combo with the display and a dimension 9100 for $1200 after $100 mir sold the computer for $600 so 2405fpw = $600

thats a nice deal! lucky bastard lol
 
jfish said:
$625+tax.

i think the days of these sick deals are over though.

How did you manage that?

Actually, would everyone be kind enough to share the details of how you got the price down so low?
 
I called, they all gave me the online price (took 4 phone calls (some to home, some to small business line)to get the 839.25 price), which right now is like 1019.00 I said well I have a budget of about 850 total for this screen. I said I know there have been deals for around the 800 dollar price in the past is there anything you can do for me. Three of them gave me 899.25 price (there is a 25 percent off code out now that is good until tomorrow, thats what they were giving me) and that was it. The 4th person gave me that price also.. and I said.. anyway you could cut some more off to keep the price within my budget, he put me on hold. .came back and said he would put a 60 dollar discount on it. so I ordered it. This was done through small business, I ordered it through our business account which is also tax exempt..do did not have to pay taxes on it.. total shipped was $839.25.
 
AgentQ said:
How did you manage that?

Actually, would everyone be kind enough to share the details of how you got the price down so low?

ive posted a few times how i did this. back in july (aug maybe?), the current deal was $799 through the home department. i accidentally called up the small biz dept and they applied the 25% off coupon to the 799 price and gave it to me for 625. i thought it was a mistake on their part and this was a once in a lifetime op, but apparently others did the same over the course of a week or two. i remember the week after i ordered mine, people were stacking coupons while calling the opposite dept and getting it for 550+tax.

apparently its pretty hard for people to do this now if not impossible so maybe dell fixed this "leak". im grabbing another when it drops below 700 though.
 
It was not really hard,I told the rep I needed a monitor for my girl going away to school..I started with the 17 inch(acting like I never bought one before..hehehe) when she told me the price I said wow that cheap... what do the 19 inch go for.....etc hehe
And moved up to the 2405..first she said 1020.00 after a while we got to 849..then I told her I had to speak to wifey first.. I told her to call me back in 15mins..then she got to $799...but even more crazy.. I call my good freind and tell him what I got, (He told me today he has a Dell preferred account)He calls and get the 2405 for...$750 shipped..so he buy's 2 of them..ouch
I guess it who you speak too!!
 
So to get the best deal you have to sign up for thier online credit card-type deal? That sucks. :eek:
 
UrielDagda said:
So to get the best deal you have to sign up for thier online credit card-type deal? That sucks. :eek:


Ermm, no, You just keep calling and haggling the salemen until you get one that will sell it lowest cost to you. Took me several tries before I got a nice southern lady to sell me one for $850 and she even gave me her personal extension to order more for the same price in the future.

And no, I am not giving it out. ;)
 
IceWind said:
Ermm, no, You just keep calling and haggling the salemen until you get one that will sell it lowest cost to you. Took me several tries before I got a nice southern lady to sell me one for $850 and she even gave me her personal extension to order more for the same price in the future.

And no, I am not giving it out. ;)

Actually your nice southern lady sales person would probably be happy for you to give it out, as I am pretty sure they make commision on thier sales.
 
Back
Top