Post your BFG 6800GT NV5 Silencer Overclocks! please...

UltimateMan

Limp Gawd
I will be buying an NV5 Silencer soon and I am curious as to other peoples' results for max OC (the one you use everyday) of BFG 6800GT before installing NV5 and after installing NV5. And please mention which cooler you had originally (reference or custom copper.) Thanks!!

Highest stable is 435/1.15. I usually just run it at 400/1.10. Even at 435/1.15 I'm about 10C cooler than the stock cooler was at 370/1.0. :D

i don't have mine anymore, but...

stock aluminum hsf: 418/1100
nv5: 420/1130

it wasn't so great for higher speeds, but it was quieter and dumped heat outside the case. well worth it, imo.

reference

and i forgot to mention above, it ran cooler with the nv5 than with the stock hsf.

Lol- run the NV5 cooler than if the card breaks switch back to the original cooler and either return it to the store you bought it from or RMA it...

eVGA with NV5 at 400/1100. Memory refused to go higher so im gonna leave as it is. Ultra speeds with an exta $100 in my pocket, im happy.

NV Silencer is not a good cooling fan (It's true that it's better than the stock) but it's ment to be a low noise fan....

If you are searching for a good cooling fan then find somthing else...

first, you are inaccurate i.e. if it is better than the stock, it is good. second, any suggestions on "something else?"

SoLiD_MasteR said:
NV Silencer is not a good cooling fan (It's true that it's better than the stock) but it's ment to be a low noise fan....
So the category of "good" doesn't include cooling better and running quieter? :p

pxc said:
So the category of "good" doesn't include cooling better and running quieter? :p

No shit.

It is quiet as hell.
It cools SUBSTANTIALLY better than stock.
It keeps the inside of your case cooler.

What's left? They could stick big boobies and a keg of beer on it, but it wouldn't fit in most cases if they did. :p

CastleBravo said:
No shit.

It is quiet as hell.
It cools SUBSTANTIALLY better than stock.
It keeps the inside of your case cooler.

What's left? They could stick big boobies and a keg of beer on it, but it wouldn't fit in most cases if they did. :p

/\/\/\/\ What he said.

Just got my silencer and I'm happy.

eVGA with reference cooler would auto detect 428/1150.
Nv5 auto detect 428/1150.
The temp difference is almost 20c so I'm really thinking to go higher I need to bump my voltage since I've gone so far as running my window fan while it's 40 degrees outside and it doesn't go up.
I don't really care too much about pushing it higher, I run it at 400/1100 which works fine for me.

Kinda the same but different. I have the 6800nu. Stock it would run almost 52c idle and 85c max @400/835 now with the nvsilencer im at 40c idle and 75c max @ 400/900.

eighty8fierogt said:
Kinda the same but different. I have the 6800nu. Stock it would run almost 52c idle and 85c max @400/835 now with the nvsilencer im at 40c idle and 75c max @ 400/900.

Nice OC on the RAM, 900Mhz woohoo! and those temps are alot better

i have th nv5 silencer on my 6800nu and i run it at 420 930 @ idle at like 46 and lode at like 80 when i get my water block i wunder if i can get more out the core yall think i would get more out of it if it wher cooler then 80c?

you might push your clocks a little higher, but not too much. With today's cards it seems that other factors such as power limitations will hold back your OC more than heat (after a certain point) i.e. the PCB of your 6800 is only meant for so much throughput. I think you've just about maxed things out, maybe you could go a little higher.

I could be off base though. I would not recommend buying a water cooling system simply to OC your card better, i don't think it would make much difference.

Back