Post Your Best GTX460 Overclocks & Benchmarks

Got me dual Gigabyte GTX 460's OC 1gb today. One card at stock got me 13378 vantage score at stock.

One card at 850mhz, 1700mhz with mem at 1900 got me 15624 vantage marks.

Both cards at stock got me 24057 vantage marks.

Both cards at 830mhz, 1660mhz with memory at 1900mhz got me 26726.

I only ran the 2 default graphics tests in vantage. No cpu tests at all. With one card at 850,1700, 1900 my max temp was 68 with the fan hitting a max of 58%. With sli at stock settings the card on top hit 82 degrees with a max 85% fan and card 2 hit 68 degrees and 57% fan speed.

Overclocked the top card hit 86 degrees with a max fan speed of 92% and the bottom card hit 70 degrees with 61% max fan speed. Going to fool around with manual fan speed to get that top card cooler.

I was wondering about VRAM temps on these things, and how much overclocks affect them. I removed the stock shroud + fan from my factory-overclocked Gainward GTX 460 GS-GLH, and installed two undervolted temporary fans (92mm and 80mm) on the stock heatsink. The goal is to make it more silent, of course, while preserving warranty (which using an aftermarket heatsink would void, never mind there being so few decent ones that fit). But I'm a bit worried about the VRAM. I mean, there's no way to monitor the VRAM temps as far as I know. What kind of problems should I be seeing if VRAM is overheating?

I haven't yet made a shroud for the custom fan setup because I haven't yet received the fans (two Nexus Real Silent 80mm ones) that I plan to use for the long term. After I get them, I'll make a cardboard shroud that might direct more airflow at the VRAMs too, as well as hopefully slightly lowering overall temps. Currently core temp is about 80 C while running Batman: AA maxed - with stock fan at 40% it was 90-93 C. With OCCT the custom setup goes to 99 C and seems to stay there. Definitely higher than I'd like.

Anyway, what are people's experiences with this? For the time being I downclocked the memory to stock speeds until I get some "second opinions".

Last edited:
Back