Post your 8800GT Overclocks

Got my RMA. EVGA gave me one that has a fucked up sticker that's off center with the fan, and the fan is the leaf blower style that's smaller than the one originally had.

OC is stable passed 700mhz now.

3DMark06 passed at 720-1800-1000.

I did 800/1850/950 with the Gigabyte volt mod tool.

You cant say that and not tell us what/where this tool is :)
Surely its a hoax?
If not, can you set more than 1.1V VGPU?

I did a quick search on google and didnt find reference to it.

You cant say that and not tell us what/where this tool is :)
Surely its a hoax?
If not, can you set more than 1.1V VGPU?

I did a quick search on google and didnt find reference to it.

It's called Gigabyte Gamer HUD. And, yes, it works to go above 1.1v. Not sure it'll work on non-Gigabyte cards though. I achieved 800/1850/1050 @ 1.15v stable on the GV-NX88T512HPV1 card. Card starts to lose stability if I crank the mem or core freqs any higher, but I can lower the core and raise the mem and vice-versa to maintain stability. I haven't tried raising the voltage any higher, don't want to cook the GPU.

Damn thats a fine addition to a GT.
Heres a quote
"Gamer HUD is GIGABYTE's latest video card technology which consists of a power control VGO chip built into the graphics card and Windows software that allows you to adjust the GPU voltage for 3D gaming or 2D environment. Changing the core voltage will also allow you to find your optimal clock frequencies."

So you are in luck, we arent :(
btw, LOL good name you have :D

Damn thats a fine addition to a GT.
Heres a quote
"Gamer HUD is GIGABYTE's latest video card technology which consists of a power control VGO chip built into the graphics card and Windows software that allows you to adjust the GPU voltage for 3D gaming or 2D environment. Changing the core voltage will also allow you to find your optimal clock frequencies."

So you are in luck, we arent :(
btw, LOL good name you have :D

Yeah, it makes life easier. No bios volt mod needed. I think Gigabyte got it right with this version of the GT. Finally. It clocked higher than I expected, so I can't ask for more. :cool:

Yeah, it makes life easier. No bios volt mod needed. I think Gigabyte got it right with this version of the GT. Finally. It clocked higher than I expected, so I can't ask for more. :cool:

I hard voltmodded mine to 1.25V a while back but accidentally ripped it off and the pad to solder to so cant do it again. I'm back to the BIOS 1.1Vmod now.
I didnt get much more than you at 820MHz, it looks like yours is more capable.

When I was reading up about it, the highest recommended voltage for sustained use was 1.25V and if you want to push it further with better cooling, up to 1.3V.
In case it helps :)

Returned my XFX Alpha Dog and bought an XFX Alpha Dog XXX for cheaper with $70 rebate.

Core and memory do 775 and 1075 in ATI Tool test without artifacts but core stability varies with games and apps. Typically I drop it to 750 core, 1850 shader, and leave the memory at 1075 when playing games for long periods.

I have A EVGA that I got on release day and volt modded it yesterday. After dialing it in I'm sticking with a 1.37 GPU volt allowing for a constant 855/1984/950 overclock. Water cooled of course.
Untitled-2-2.jpg

Running an XFX 8800GT XXX at 725/1785/1050. Tried to push to 750/1100, but got DX9 failures with 750 core and system reboot with 1100 memory. Don't really need the bump, since my 3DMark06 score is 14,334 with a Q6600 OC'ed to 3.2GHz. Just wanted to see what my limits were.

So, I have a theory about the 8800GT and you guys would be perfect to test it.

Using just one benchmark like the crysis benchmark or the soruce benchmark or something, run it at stock speeds, at mem ONLY oced speeds, at core ONLY oced speeds, and at both OCed speeds.

My theory is that the 60GB/s is choking the 8800GT which is why the 9600GT is scoring so close to it. If its true, the Core only OC will result in the same score as the stock speeds, and the mem only OC will reuslt in the same score as the full oc.

So, I have a theory about the 8800GT and you guys would be perfect to test it.

Using just one benchmark like the crysis benchmark or the soruce benchmark or something, run it at stock speeds, at mem ONLY oced speeds, at core ONLY oced speeds, and at both OCed speeds.

My theory is that the 60GB/s is choking the 8800GT which is why the 9600GT is scoring so close to it. If its true, the Core only OC will result in the same score as the stock speeds, and the mem only OC will reuslt in the same score as the full oc.

Ironically, I just tested that yesterday, to find my highest stable OC. I was also interested in finding out which OC had more of an affect on performance. Here's what I saw with 3DMark06:

670/975 = 13,672 (stock)
670/1050 = 13,869
725/975 = 14,051

I actually tested six other runs, alternately bumping the Core and Memory by 25MHz. It showed the same thing. Here's a couple more results:

700/1050 = 13,979
725/1000 = 14,181

Clearly the Core OC has a greater impact on performance. The memory only OC is faster than stock, but not nearly as much as the core OC.

^^ with my testing I found the same, memory clock makes very little difference.

I won't touch already OC memory, even if my life depended on it. :D I did RMA my previous card due to memory issues. Currently I'm running stable 744/1825/950 (so far at least) :D

I won't touch already OC memory, even if my life depended on it. :D I did RMA my previous card due to memory issues. Currently I'm running stable 744/1825/950 (so far at least) :D

lol. I suppose if I toast a card I'll never try it again. For this go round I'm banking on the XFX lifetime warranty.

I can't OC my vram at all, on my vanilla XFX 8800GT. Even just a little bump, and it goes unstable. I have a zalman vf900 on it, with enzotech lowprofile copper heat sinks on the ram. Oh well. I could do the shader and core though. 700/1700. Wish my vram could oc....

I can't OC my vram at all, on my vanilla XFX 8800GT. Even just a little bump, and it goes unstable. I have a zalman vf900 on it, with enzotech lowprofile copper heat sinks on the ram. Oh well. I could do the shader and core though. 700/1700. Wish my vram could oc....

Try leaving the core at stock speed and then up the memory speed.
I found I can have one or the other high but not both.
Its better to have the core high though so ultimately its a useless excercise :)

my memory came at 950 and I can't get anything more out of it and it's water cooled with a zalman block. I've volt modded my memory also to 2.1 but it does no good.

WIth my first card, I had to downclock the ram to 900Mhz from 950Mhz, otherwise it would lockup my system (PES2008 if you want to try it). From lots of peeps on the web overall oc vram is not worth it. Try pushing core/shader and use ATI to scan for artificats (myself I run it for an hour). Then I follow with 3 rounds of 3dmark2006 and 5 rounds of Crysis benchmark (all high and 4x AA) and finally PES2008.... :D

Back