Post that Damaged Rig!!

I have a laptop with a messed up screen. It's not physically damaged. It's not currently assembled. And previous photos are lost right now and not worth digging for atm. Basically every other column of pixels is stuck on full blue. It was a free laptop and I don't want to spend $30 on ebay for a new cable and have that not be the solution.

Worth taking a few pictures of. Could be the cable yet, if this is an undamaged laptop nor dropped.. could be the video card aswell. Try using an external monitor to verify.

zwhkq.jpg

MXSYc.jpg

Protip for PCs: Don't die during 4th of July. :cool:

I had some cases a few years ago that were heavily modded and I couldn't get anyone to take them off my hands, even for free so I decided it was time for something.....new to give "Blue Fantasy" and "Ice Chamber II" a final farewell

smash1.jpg

smash2.jpg

smash3.jpg

smashHL2.jpg

smash4.jpg

smash5.jpg

smash6.jpg

smash7.jpg

smash8.jpg

Worth taking a few pictures of. Could be the cable yet, if this is an undamaged laptop nor dropped.. could be the video card aswell. Try using an external monitor to verify.

It's fine on an external monitor. The cable is messed up looking, but continuity checks with a DMM made it seem like it would work. If it's the onboard graphics failing to send the TFT signalling properly then not much can be done about that. I could try a heat gun on it. Heatgun or cable, it's a lot of effort for a P4m laptop. Some other time perhaps.

argh I would have taken the cases too! lol
Some people don't want to ship HUGE things because it can be a pain. I'm guessing there were no local people interested in such things. Though the mess created seems like more of a pain. Unless you just run over it with a lawn mower, but then why aren't there pics of that?

It's fine on an external monitor. The cable is messed up looking, but continuity checks with a DMM made it seem like it would work. If it's the onboard graphics failing to send the TFT signalling properly then not much can be done about that. I could try a heat gun on it. Heatgun or cable, it's a lot of effort for a P4m laptop. Some other time perhaps.

What is the brand and model of said laptop ? I'm curious now :cool:

Compaq Presario 2500.

Alright here's some new pics so I'm legitimately in this thread. I have a hard drive with XP and the drivers loaded on it, but I have it pulled out right now. I was able to confirm everything else worked, just not the built in screen. The front bezel is off for future access to the cable. It was a free laptop given to me so I don't have its repair as a high priority.

presario25.jpg

blueline.jpg

edit: Hahahahah. I just realized that if you used any combination of blue/white text on a blue/white background the problem wouldn't be noticeable. Dedicated text machine.

Last edited:
I'm accepting all pictures that have some roughness to it. Perhaps someone else has seen this and could be more exact as to where to look. Yup I would try another ribbon but that's a guess. I don't have a compaq to see if I can recreate that problem. Or spare a part even. Anyone able to lend some help ?

I had some cases a few years ago that were heavily modded and I couldn't get anyone to take them off my hands, even for free so I decided it was time for something.....new to give "Blue Fantasy" and "Ice Chamber II" a final farewell

The Hulk owns a PC?!? :D

Hehe...I have 2 of those cases as well. Still use them. Good server cases.

If this thread tells us anything it's that there needs to be a screen technology for laptops that doesn't damage so easily. If the metal and plastic can survive it, so should the screen. A lot less replacements that way. Perfectly good computers ruined because of a $200-500 part that costs over $100 to have someone replace.

I have the D600 with a cracked screen and another one with a dead motherboard.. Obviously going to pair them together.

I just have no time to work on anything right now so they reside in a foam packing box with the other laptops.

I came across this a while ago...

Macbook Air sitting in laptop in a pasenger seat while the airbag was deployed. =(

Source Link

23hlz4o.jpg

or5bah.jpg

Some years Ago i did this Photos, like 4?
It was my first own notebook somewhere Around 1999... :D (Well, i had also a DELL Laptop, which stands here somewhere around. Was also one of my first Notebooks 1998/1999 :D)

And yes, i damaged it so... Before it was running. :D

Wow. Didn't realize airbags were that powerful.
www.YouTube.com/Davidsfarm --> Search for Airbag Videos :D

Kudos for Olaf for referencing Davidsfarm. Also, I feel for the guy who had the Toshiba with the bad wireless card. I have a Satellite that sloughed its screen off because of its shitty hinge construction (sry, no pics of carnage, though I managed to mend it with paperclips).

Back