POST stops after CPU A8N-SLI Premium

pxoint

Weaksauce
System Specs:

Asus A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 3800+ Venice
2x 512 Corsair XMS DRR RAM (Tested in other PC - working)
Antec Phantom 350W (tested, working)
2x Asus Extreme GeForce N6800 256MB (tested, working)
1x S-ATA WD Raptor 35GB 10'000 RPM (tested, working)
1x IDE WD 400GB 7'500 RPM (tested, working)
1x IDE Maxtor 40GB 7'500 RPM (tested, working)

So, heres the problem.
I built this rig about 4-5 months ago. It was running very smooth until ~3 weeks ago. I turned it off during the night (which very, very rarely happens, I usually only restart, the rest its running 24/7) when I tried to turn it on in the morning the POST stopped after loading the CPU, (There are no errors displayed, nor any vocal POST errors) it just stops.

So after a few hours of moving around hardware in 3 Computers, a few bashes on the desk it decided to go back to normal and boot as if there never was a problem.

So today I get up, going for the regular morningly restart, and its happening again.
I cleared the CMOS, tested hardware again, searched google, nothing helped.

The system has never been o/ced more than 5%, and ever since it happened the first time I never o/ced again.

I might add that we got extreme heat here atm, (around 30°C) and the PC is somehow podested in high in the room, which I guess makes it get alot of outside heat....

Cheers.

Have you tried changing the Power Supply Unit (PSU)? When things fail for no appearant reason and without any previous changes, it is often the PSU that has burned out. Especially for a system with so much stuff attached to it. I would actually say your PSU is WAAAYYYY underpower for the hardware you're running. Check the physical ATX connector (the 20 or 24 pin plug that attaches to the motherboard) and see if any of the pins are discolored. If so, you've had a burnout.

p.s. Sorry if this seems simplistic, but you do have "n00bie" after your name.

Well, its a friends forum account cause I didnt want to wait for mine to get activated. ^^
He only comes here when hes got a problem (Like me)

I didnt try to replace the PSU, however I tried to unplug everything thats not needed (basically just leaving the system HDD and a graphics card plugged in), and it still didnt work.

I was thinking of a CPU overheating and attached 4 other fans directy into the PSU's plugs (not onto the mobo, cause theres no more plugs) and its running again now. But Im sure that if I turn it off now, itll decide not to start up for another 6 hours like it did today.

I hardly doubt its the PSU. But meh. : /

Back