POST Processor Count Incorrect

Wratchet

n00b
I'm not sure when it first started, but lately I've noticed that my POST screen says "COUNT : 2" when it used to say 4. I've got a Q6600 that I know used to display as "COUNT : 4". It seems that Vista is just fine; taskmanager shows 4 cores, device manager shows 4 entries, and CPUZ shows 4 processors.

Could this be something to due with the beta P5B-Plus bios I'm running? -I know it could be this

If Vista taskmanager, devicemanager, cpuz all show 4 cores does that mean I shouldn't worry and that all 4 cores are working?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Yuck... why would you run a beta BIOS?

Anyway, simple solution, flash back to your previous BIOS and see what your count is, otherwise as long as everything is being recognized properly, then you shouldn't have a problem.

What a coincidence, I just repaired the same problem this morning. I loaded default bios values, then flashed to 803 for the Rampage Formula. The count returned to 4 again. BTW, my system seemed to be working fine regardless of the "count #".

Well that settles it, I suppose I'll flash the bios to the latest non-beta version.

Originally I had flashed the bios because I was trying to eliminate a booting blue-screen, but ever since I formated and installed Vista that has been a thing of the past.

Back to the non-beta I go, and thanks for the help guys!

Back