post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

dmaji,
Im sure some flat black spray paint and some careful taping would do the job.

And about the side panel, ive seen some for sale pre-made, which would save you some time...I was thinking about this for my rig, but then we would be losing our noise insulation on the side panel.

thanks for the reply bro

so some mat spraypaint from the local hardware store should do it aye?
apart from the hdd trays, would there be anything else i can pull out to make it easier to spraypaint?

im talking about before ive obviously put all my pc parts in and removes the fans etc

also about the window i mite not bother now that u said its got a insulated side. mite just leave it open, looks sexy as hell when the 'grey parts' are painted black :D

My updated p182se
P9120818.jpg
[/IMG]
P9120814.jpg
[/IMG]

Chaps,

I posted in here ages ago and just wanted to say that the case is still magic and apart from one of the stock fans failing again it is still in great shape (despite a house move).

Your pics contiue to inspire me to upgrade and reshape my internals - shame I'm too lazy to do anything about it :)

Finally rebuilt this rig with new(er) hardware.
GPU will be swapped out for a HD4850/HD4870 later, when i can be arsed to order one.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Formula SE
CPU: Q6600 @ 8x400 (3.2GHz)
RAM: 3x 1GB Crucial BallistiX PC8500
GPU: Asus nVidia 7950GT 512MB (passively cooled)
HDD: Samsung 640GB

Pics:

DSC_8854_pp.sized.jpg

DSC_8851_pp.sized.jpg

DSC_8864_pp.sized.jpg

here's mine
Antec p180b old one without the cable management

q6600 w/ tuniq tower
abit ip35 pro
8800gts g92 oc ed
x-fi fatality
4gb ram
500 gb hd
500 earthwatts

bad cabling on my part.. very bad... looks like osama bin ladin's beard bad... recently removed upper drive cage for better airflow but trying to sell rig right now

anyone have any suggestions how i can clean up the cabling?
DSCN0254.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

No offense - but that was just nasty...

The contrast against the one I posted just before is.. well.. im speechless.

however; function owns looks any day, and as long as your rig aint noisy or overheating it doesnt really matter, now does it? :)

Zipties are your friend, and you should remove as much unused cabling as possible, gathering it behind the mobo tray, atleast as much as you can. Also use all the nooks and crannies in the case that are available (there are some, actually)

The drive cage helps in directing air towards the gfx, I installed it in mine, no detrimental effects so far, and it looks way cleaner.

My updated p182se

What'd you use for attaching the fan to the northbridge? Mine's horribly noisy, unless I turn it down to about 50% (where it is now), but temps are pretty high. Close up pics would be nice too, maybe PM me. TIA

No offense - but that was just nasty...

The contrast against the one I posted just before is.. well.. im speechless.

however; function owns looks any day, and as long as your rig aint noisy or overheating it doesnt really matter, now does it? :)

Zipties are your friend, and you should remove as much unused cabling as possible, gathering it behind the mobo tray, atleast as much as you can. Also use all the nooks and crannies in the case that are available (there are some, actually)

The drive cage helps in directing air towards the gfx, I installed it in mine, no detrimental effects so far, and it looks way cleaner.

i'm no pro picture taker XD anyhow i have the old 180 case that doesn't have the back available so i stuffed most of the wires right above the power supply in the bottom. I wonder if thats ok?

p180 Its the rig in the sig.
Sadly the front has gotten scuffed up by some stupid people when I was away in Florida.
Should have put the damn pc in the closet for safe keeping. What do you guys think about my cables by the way. Not very good at cabling.
ff9cc548.jpg

33f8e539.jpg

Just finished my P182 mod,

P182 SE body, P182 side panels + front
Stainless steel base
Perspex window - 2mm black offset to hide layers
Cable management :)

dc4c8b4d440783a2eb2867189cc5f6d9.jpg

bc1e4b100f363f3dba0911911b506ddc.jpg

d54a9fc5f6b579ba35b18233885f573c.jpg

My setup

reflection.jpg

redrage.jpg

mainpic.jpg

inside.jpg

backview.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Build Pics
sidemod.jpg

3.jpg

22samsung.jpg

Gettingready-1.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

I know i have to tidy up my wires but im already starting my second build (Acrylic htcp) so i decided not to bother with it:p

Bloom's is my idea of an ideal setup and window size; I can't understand why most windows extend to expose the unseemly drive bay section of the chasis.

Well i tossed my upper bay. I see what you mean, but i always like to monitor my whole setup without taking off the side.

Is the gunmetal the same as the black color? I'm noticing Newegg only carries the Gunmetal P182 and I have my mind set on a black one

Not possible. The P182 comes with a gunmetal grey exterior and a silver (unpainted) interior. The P182SE comes with a mirror exterior and a black interior. If you want a black exterior, you'll have to paint it yourself. Not too hard, just sand it well beforehand.

Hey fritzz how you liking that fan controller?

I'm not Fritzz, but i can say that those controllers are a completely different category from others. First the temperature sensors are cool (if you need them). Then there are the fan speed monitoring (at 30RPM jumps), and lastly there is the regulation - 3.7V!!! to 12V, with possibility to turn off fan completely (OFF state).

PS: I have 2 of them :D

Not possible. The P182 comes with a gunmetal grey exterior and a silver (unpainted) interior. The P182SE comes with a mirror exterior and a black interior. If you want a black exterior, you'll have to paint it yourself. Not too hard, just sand it well beforehand.
Thank you for the clarification. Does the SE share the same cable routing goodness the 182 has? Any pros/cons to the SE over 182?

I really like the fan controller. Like faugusztin said it has a lot of freedom in the ability to control the fans.

Fan 1 is controlling my front intake
Fan 2 controls the two fans for exhaust
Fan 3 controls the two fans on either side of my HD's down in the bottom compartment.

One of the reasons why I chose that fan controller is that it can handle multiple fans hooked up to the same lead. It can handle the wattage.

P182 and the P182SE are identical in their cable management. Only difference is going to be the interior and exterior finish. I had thought about buying the SE and then getting the gunmetal panels, but I chose to paint the inside, which was pretty easy, and a hellevu lot cheaper.

I know they have made many changes to the P180. So you if you are looking for a black exterior case, you might take a look at that. They have added a lot of the cable management features that are in the P182. Not sure how many or if it's as good, since I have never had a P180.

I have a bit of a newbie question. I just bought all the components for a new build, including a P182 and a Corsair HX520W PSU. Should I install my motherboard, drives, and everything else, and install the PSU last? I tried putting the PSU in first, like the P182's manual suggested, but then I can't squeeze between the lower partition 120mm fan and the front of the PSU to install any of the modular cables.

Just finished today. Instead of moving the fan, I just added up which cables I would need connected in the end, went ahead and connected them, then slid the PSU into the case.

I would upload pictures, but my camera is apparently dead. Or broken. Need to find the battery charger...

I have a problem, the sata cables sometimes hit the fan, out of nothing... Look at the pic above.

So I have to tilt the case so that the cables go back to their original position.

I have a problem, the sata cables sometimes hit the fan, out of nothing... Look at the pic above.

So I have to tilt the case so that the cables go back to their original position.

zip ties are your friends.

sry for loads of pics. but i finally got a chance to clean my comp up and add the little touches :) hope u like it

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

i used fishing line to support my heatsink

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

also did aliitle lapping on my heatsink
IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

Picked up a P182 yesterday - love this case already except trying to hide/route the cabling took forever. It also came with 3 extra TriCool case fans which surprised me, I grabbed an Enermax Magma fan as well so I'll have to throw that in there one day. So far system temps seem great even though it's a bit warm in my room with the unseasonal October warmth we have right now...

P182_min.jpg

Just finished today. Instead of moving the fan, I just added up which cables I would need connected in the end, went ahead and connected them, then slid the PSU into the case.

Exactly. I just installed a Corsair 1KW PSU in there, which is a beast. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to connect all the cables and then put the PSU in the cage and inside the case to screw it in.

The fishline idea was pure genius for I'm going to put a TRUE in my P182.

Back