Post Black Friday discussion goes here!

lopoetve said:
You're only gonna get one rebate ;)

They check the CC# on the purchase, so even with different address, you'll only get one
i can see him on his knees screaming up in the air, WESTERN DIGITAL!!! I'LL GET YOU IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO!!!

Hell yeah, i got the Antec Sonata case for $70 w/ 380w TRUEPower, the MadDog 350w PSU, and a 6800nu, totalled $400 and im going to get around $110 worth of mail in rebates, w00t.

lopoetve said:

They check the CC# on the purchase, so even with different address, you'll only get one

Unless he paid with cash. Paper money is still good for some things.

And for the sake of staying on topic: I hit Staples and got the I/O Magic DVD burner to replace my current 8x. Dual Layer capability is a nics bonus. Got the 160GB drive, the 256MB Attache, and a 40 pack of TEAN DVD-R media. The media is some CMC crap but hopefully it will burn okay.

lopoetve said:

Doesn't make sense because what if you have someone with you. Hey, I wanna buy this too! Oh, it looks like I don't have enough. Oh here, put it on my card.

I think it would work. Doesn't make sense if it wouldn't.

theHeat said:
Doesn't make sense because what if you have someone with you. Hey, I wanna buy this too! Oh, it looks like I don't have enough. Oh here, put it on my card.

You are right, the address and name are what is checked. Rebates do require that receipts do require proof of payment, but its not held againist rebate status.

Clanless said:
Unless he paid with cash. Paper money is still good for some things.

And for the sake of staying on topic: I hit Staples and got the I/O Magic DVD burner to replace my current 8x. Dual Layer capability is a nics bonus. Got the 160GB drive, the 256MB Attache, and a 40 pack of TEAN DVD-R media. The media is some CMC crap but hopefully it will burn okay.

BB wasn't letting you pay with cash if you wanted the rebates. ;)

theHeat said:

Been there, done that, refused for the reason I cited.

MeanieMan said:
You are right, the address and name are what is checked. Rebates do require that receipts do require proof of payment, but its not held againist rebate status.

WD can check anything they want :)

lopoetve said:
That's bull shit. If you're telling the truth that's probably illegal and it doesn't make sense for BB because they have to pay a fee for credit card transactions which means they won't make as much money.

lopoetve said:

Been there, done that, refused for the reason I cited.

WD can check anything they want :)

WD can check anything they want, to make sure the purchase is real, but since the rebates are printed by BB, they all fall under the same guidelines:
Rebates are issued one per name, per address. There is no guideline for who pays what, or why.

BestBuy was also issueing rebates when you paid cash. Especially since one of the reasons rebates take so long is so the company collects the interest on the money they owe you. And since cash is instant, and CCs have a "grace" period. Cold hard cash is always taken.

Damn I feel lucky.
At 5:30 I was running into Kohls to get a gift for the parents, wife had to work so I had to get it. Because I did that she said that I could go ahead and get the 6800 if I could. :D
Got to Compusa 5 MINUTES before they opened the doors, Got in, was STILL the second one to get a 6800! :p Now I realize how lucky I was!
Now in the past week I've got from a XP2100+ NF7-S 2.0 9500pro to a Abit KV8 Pro and Sempron 3100+ and 6800. Now thats an upgrade!

EDIT: For got to mention: I only had to buy the 6800! Got the KV8 pro and sempron with combination of birthday money and selling the old board and processor! Part of the reason I was "allowed" to buy the 6800, as I was already going to pay to upgrade my board and processor here shortly.

dss64662 said:
hit best buy at 2:30am, had to deal with people butting in line. when the doors opened, it was a bum rush; the 160gb wd hdds were gone in a min; i grabbed the 725va ups i wanted and left. anyone at germantown would know the actual cashier line in the first 15min after opening was non-existant, as many waited in the customer service line:confused: :p all i know is that i'm currently outta cash :(

the only worthwhile sales this year were dvd sales, as some of you will attest.

edit: i feel like an idiot; all the stuff i really needed was on sale at compusa this past wed :(

Next year come to the Tenleytown one in Washington DC. This is the 2nd year we have had this and it was not a huge rush in fact we have tons of stuff from yesterday still here.

Stereodude said:
It's not just you. The deals this year were not as good as in the past.

I think and 60 or 80GB Hard Drive for $30 out the door is a damn good deal.

I got a 200 gig western digital 8meg cache drive for $50 AR at officemax.

its retail, but a sticker on the inside of the package (i can see it through the clear plastic) says its only a 1 year manufacturers warrenty. wtf? can they sell refurbished goods without telling me?

sativa said:

its retail, but a sticker on the inside of the package (i can see it through the clear plastic) says its only a 1 year manufacturers warrenty. wtf? can they sell refurbished goods without telling me?

Most WDs have a 1 year, you have to buy the extra year(s) of coverage. There should be a paper inside with the drive. Or was it Maxtor that did that... :confused:

thewhiteguy said:
That's bull shit. If you're telling the truth that's probably illegal and it doesn't make sense for BB because they have to pay a fee for credit card transactions which means they won't make as much money.

Might very well be, but they were doing it here. I hate our BB... they do all sorts of crazy shit.

I haven't received my CC.com or CompUSA.com items yet (of course), but here's my haul from 2 trips to Fry's yesterday:

frysbf.jpg

final tally from Fry's:
$99.99 Sempron 2200+ system
$99.99AR 1GB Corsair DC PC3200 kit
$56.99 GBA SP + 2 game bundle
$56.99 GBA SP + 2 game bundle :) my only duplicate
$49.88AR WD 200GB
$47.00 HP PS435 3.1MP digicam
$39.99 Duron 1.6GHz + motherboard
$29.99AR Seagate 120GB
$29.99 BTC 8x dual format DVD burner
$27.99 MY3IE 128MB MP3/WMA player w/ID3 LCD and voice recorder
$17.99 802.11g router
$16.99AR Palm IIIxe PDA (refurb)
$14.99 GPX MP3 CD player
$9.99AR Kingston 512MB SD card
$9.99 802.11g PCI
$9.99 802.11g PC Card
$9.99AR AverMedia DVD EZMaker PCI
$FAR Canon iP1500
--------------
~$620 + tax after rebates

This was about the 3rd best Fry's sale I can remember.

Today for black Saturday, I got:
BFG 5200 128MB AGP $39.99 after $20MIR (for the computer above)
Rival 10 cup coffeemaker $FAR
Another 802.11g PCI card $9.75 (return w/discount sticker)

pxc said:
I haven't received my CC.com or CompUSA.com items yet (of course), but here's my haul from 2 trips to Fry's yesterday:

frysbf.jpg

final tally from Fry's:
$99.99 Sempron 2200+ system
$99.99AR 1GB Corsair DC PC3200 kit
$56.99 GBA SP + 2 game bundle
$56.99 GBA SP + 2 game bundle :) my only duplicate
$49.88AR WD 200GB
$47.00 HP PS435 3.1MP digicam
$39.99 Duron 1.6GHz + motherboard
$29.99AR Seagate 120GB
$29.99 BTC 8x dual format DVD burner
$27.99 MY3IE 128MB MP3/WMA player w/ID3 LCD and voice recorder
$17.99 802.11g router
$16.99AR Palm IIIxe PDA (refurb)
$14.99 GPX MP3 CD player
$9.99AR Kingston 512MB SD card
$9.99 802.11g PCI
$9.99 802.11g PC Card
$9.99AR AverMedia DVD EZMaker PCI
$FAR Canon iP1500
--------------
~$620 + tax after rebates

This was about the 3rd best Fry's sale I can remember.

Today for black Saturday, I got:
BFG 5200 128MB AGP $39.99 after $20MIR (for the computer above)
Rival 10 cup coffeemaker $FAR
Another 802.11g PCI card $9.75 (return w/discount sticker)

:eek: You have 2 GBA SP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!! I envy you! ;)

I got the pearl white SP from circuit city. The free metriod game ain't that bad. Best color I've seen for the SP also, to bad I can't get add-ons the same color. :(

MeanieMan said:
I got the pearl white SP from circuit city. The free metriod game ain't that bad. Best color I've seen for the SP also, to bad I can't get add-ons the same color. :(
I still like the platinum one best. I got mine a few months ago for $90 with 2 games at Fry's, :( before the price drop to $80.

I know about getting matching accessories... the cheapest stuff is blue and black and it's hard to find certain items in platinum.

My haul from EB games, which had a 75% off sale on Used Pc games. + another 10% with my EB edge card. totaling up to 85% savings

Rayman 3 .45 Saved $7
Curse of Moneky Island .60 Saved $5
Diablo II 2.25 Saved $12.74
Need For Speed:porsche .75 Saved $5
Age Of Empires 2 2.25 Saved $12.74
Mechwarrior 3 Exp .45 Saved $3.50
Myst 3 1.20 Saved $6.79
Empire Earth .90 Saved $5.09
Age of Mythology. 2.25 Saved $12.74
Price Of persia - SoT 1.20 Saved $4.79
Diablo II Exp 2.25 Saved $12.74
Rainbow 6 RA 1.50 Saved $10
Ultima Ascention .60 Saved $15.42
Oddworld Abe's Oddessy .30 Saved $1.69
Red Faction II 1.20 Saved $7
Homeworld II .45 Saved $37.00
Command & Conquer Generals 2.25 Saved $35.00
Falcon 4 .90 Saved $13.42
Quake III Arena .60 Saved $3.39
NHRA Drag .60 Saved $3.39
Jedi Knight II 1.50 Saved $10.00
Ranibow 6 .45 Saved $18.88
Sims Vacation 1.50 Saved $10.00
Sims House Party 1.20 Saved $12.00
Quake III Team Arena .75 Saved $14.42
Baldurs Gate 1.20 Saved $6.79
Civilization III 1.20 Saved $6.79
Soldier Of Fortune II 1.20 Saved $6.79
System Shock II 1.20 Saved $6.79
Starcraft .75 Saved $7.00
Return To Castle Wolfenstine .90 Saved $34.00
Giants: Citizens Kabuto .75 Saved $4.24
No One Lives Forever .45 Saved $4.00
Medal oF Honor:AA 1.50 Saved $10.00
Battlefields 1942:RoR .90 Saved $19.09
Unreal Tournament 1.20 Saved $6.79
Unreal Tournament:GOTY 2.25 Saved $22.74
No One Lives Forever II .90 Saved $27.00
Moto Racer III .30 Saved $12.42
Alpha Centuri .45 Saved $6.42
Unreal II complete DVDSE 1.20 Saved $13.79
Mechwarrior 4 2.25 Saved $12.74
Max Payne 2 Complete 1.20 Saved $18.79
Black And White Complete 1.20 Saved $6.79
Hidden And Dangerous II Complete 1.50 Saved $10.00
Warcraft III Frozen Throne 2.25 Saved $12.74
Mafia Complete 1.95 Saved $17.00
Icewind Dale II 1.95 Saved $11.04
Homeworld II 2.25 Saved $12.74
Serious Sam 2nd encont .90 Saved $3.59
Morrowind Complete 1.50 Saved $13.49
Morrowind Bloodmoon 1.95 Saved $13.04
Morrowind Tribunal 1.20 Saved $13.79
Wing Commander III UNOPENED .75 Saved nothing, but to find a classic game unopened is :)
Need For Speed - Underground 2.25 Saved $22.74
Max Payne Complete .75 Saved $5.00
Links 2003 .75 Saved $14.24
Unreal II SE 1.95 Saved $13.79
Vampire:Masquerade 1.20 Saved $6.79
Warcraft III Battle ChestMISMARKED .75 Saved eh...about $35
Rogue Spear .30 Saved $1.69
Icewind Dale .90 Saved $5.09
Hitman 2 .90 Saved $5.09
C&C Renegade .75 Saved $10.00
Enter The Matrix Complete .90 Saved $7.09
GTA 3 1.49 Saved $10.04

Games Actual Cost $781.36
Amount Paid $77.45

Total Savings $$$703.91$$$

Black Friday in Las Vegas..

I stayed up all night, and after doing a preliminary adcheck around midnight, I really scoured the ads around 3-4am. Generally very disapointing, only a couple of items here and there of any interest. The Toshiba laptop at Best Buy was always in the corner of my mind, but the fact that I would have to be very close to the front of that line, and since they didn't have ANYTHING else in the circular I was interested in, I decided to pass and not look back. So I rushed home about 5:15 to get the Fry's ad and try to hit Fry's by 6am (!!) if it was worth it. Turns out, unfortunately for my sanity, it was. Having done BF for a number of years however (still running my GF3 Ti200 from BB, lol), I knew that I wanted someone to go with me. Brother had to work, my mother was sick, so that left my old man. It took some convincing ("C'mon, I'll buy you breakfast!"), but I got him to come. That would allow me to grab 2 of some deals, and have someone hold a place, watch our loot, etc.

So, we get to Fry's about 6:05am. I knew we'd either be made or broken at 5:45 anyway, so I wasn't particularly worried about that part. I was hoping that since Fry's circular only came out this morning, and it's on the opposite side of the city from anywhere else you'd want to shop on BF, the crowds wouldn't be so bad. Boy, was I wrong. The place was absolutely packed. In any case, I power-moseyed to the back of the store, where our 2 main goals awaited...the $99 Sempron machine, and the $77 Konica laser printer. After a nervous and long wait in a line to pick them up, we walked away with 2 of the computers and one printer, as desired. After 20 minutes of random shopping and looking for a cart, we hit the little instore coffee shop to chill and get some coffee to wake my old man up. I had a milkshake and we checked the rest of the ad to come up with a plan of attack. After that we just spent a while leisurely picking out what we wanted and was left in stock, using the coffee shop as a homebase. In the end, this probably turned out to be a mistake. We figured it just might be best to take our time and get the line in control, but in reality, the longer we waited, the longer the line got. I should've known better. In any call, last tally ended up like:

2 $99 Sempron computers
1 $77 Konica-Minolta printer
2 $29.99 Godfather DVD sets
1 $29.99 Pink Panther DVD set (mmm...X-mas gifts..)
6 3-for-$35 video games (normally $19.99 each)
2 cheap Airlink 802.11g cards
1 cheap Airlink 802.11g USB dongle
and that was about it.

I tried to get my hands on one of the $150 5MP Olympus's, but those were gone nearly instantly. Lots of people wanted them, too, and the word is an honest-to-god fistfight broke out between 2 guys trying to get one. I considered the various motherboard combos, but that $39.99 deal seemed weak to me for a 1.6 Duron, and the 3.0 P4 turned out to be not dual-channel, as suspected. Seeing as I had no burning need for another cpu/mobo, I passed on those. I wanted to get them to pricematch CompUSA's 6800 deal to save me a trip and net me 10%, but the fucking managers pulled this "No pricematching today" or "No pricematching one day sales" shit, depending on who you talk to. Of course, it's total shit, since the paper which was printed for today's sale said nothing about that under the section where they advertise the price guarentee, but BF wasn't the day to make this arguement. Not with the 45+ minute line of death we had to pummel through now standing right behind us. Shit, I just remembered I wanted to go back last night and pick up that $200 refridgerator...fuck. Maybe that was on sale for 2 days? Yeah, right. Anyway...

Next, we headed to CompUSA so I could try to get a 6800. It was only 9'ish, so I figured my chances shouldn't be too bad. Also, every other store (CC, OM, BB, etc) is within 2 blocks of CompUSA, so I could pick up some other random shit while we were there. CompUSA's parking lot was full, but we walk in and the place is pretty empty. I charge over to the vid card lockup, and see at least 1 6800. I tell my dad to stay there while I try to find a guy, and as I'm doing that, a kid walks up to the vid card thing, looking interested in the same card. His mom also tries to corral an employee. Luckily, she wasn
't nearly as tenacious or agile as I, and I got someone first. By the time the dude gets over there, another guy showed up for the card, and when the case was opened, it turned out they only had one. The kid working there, luckily for him and I, remembered who summoned him and wrote me up a ticket and gave me the card. Very happy with my luck, we grab a circular to see if there was anything else of interest while we weret there. Being as I got in on the pre-Thanksgiving CompUSA $99 HD sale, I didn't need another hard drive, but who can say no to orange wireless mice for $8, and 90cds for $10? Not me, anyway. So we take our collected loot to the relatively short line, and I leave the stuff there with my dad while I look around a little bit more. I come back to the line while he's in the middle of checkout, and the lady's like "That'll be $29.77." So I figured he must've paid for the 6800 with his CC or something, and think nothing of it. As we walk to the car, I asked him why he split the purchases, and he had no idea what I was talking about....Turns out the checkout girl totally forgot to ring up the GeForce alltogether. And to tell you the honest truth, I was ecstatic. Well...as ecstatic as my energy level would allow at that point, anyway. I know there are some of you out there that would get on your moral highhorse about it, but fuck it, I was happy, I'm not gonna lie. If the girl had rang it up but forgot to take my money or something, it would be another story, as I couldn't take it and make her pay, but I definitely have no problem letting CUSA pay. They would, and have, "robbed" me in the past, so turning the tables for once is OK with me. I did, very briefly, consider going back in for my MIR..... :D

After that we hit up OfficeMax to try to get a cheap fax machine, which I so desperately needed. They were, of course, out, but I got one of the guys working there to check the other stores. After an inordinate amount of being on hold on the phone, they found me one about 10 minutes away. Nothing else of any interest in OM, so we left to hit CC and then the other OM. Walked next door to Circuit City, grabbed a flyer in their little vestibule what-have-you, walked through the inner doors to find like a gajillion people still in line. Hmm...scrambling through the whole store for $5 DVDs and then 25 minutes+ in line isn't worth it, especially when I can just order them online from BB. So, we turned around instantly and headed back to the car. Drove over the to the OM, popped in and then back out with fax, stopped on the way home for some JitB and called it a day. Went to sleep around noon, woke up at 4:45 just in time to catch the tail-end of a cigar-rolling event at my local tobacconist, and after that 6 of us celebrated whatever with a solid 7 hours of DOTA.

And that was my Black Friday.

sativa said:

Don't worry, I'm sure it's not a refurbished one. I bought my WD HDD last year in November. The one I bought had a 1 year warranty. However, I found out by reading on line that WD had changed from a 3 year warranty to a 1 year warranty on its retail HDD's as of October 2003. I called the store and found out they had a couple of ones with the 3 year warranty still in stock, so I took back the one I bought and got one with a 3 year warranty instead.

I bought the Gameboy SP with Metroid from Circuit City for my little cousin. Other than that, all I got was a PNY 128 MB Attache USB drive from CompUSA. I couldn't find the $7 Microsoft wireless mouse, but then again, I went out shopping relatively late (11 AM).

I hit up Microcenter for $16 50-pack spindle of verbatim DVD+R discs, but it was an all day special.

My PNY 6800 shipped from CompUSA.com. Yeah, that's for you ScubaSteve. ;)

A 10 minute ordering window is pretty narrow. :p

my closest bestbuy was in a building with target and a couple other department stores... i planned to get there at 3am but due to certain family members that could not wake up in time (including me) we got there at 6am... the line was hugggeeeee.... it led around the back of the building but when the doors opened, the lines transformed to a chaotic mob and i got in pretty fast... best buy was on the second floor and everyone was waiting to get on the up escalator and the down escalator was empty so i just ran up the down escalator and lotta ppl wer like, that kids smart and ran up after me

i spent around $800 at best buy and circuit city... i got two $18 dvd players at best buy, a 750VA ups for $20, 48 pack of AA maxwell batteries for $10, 5 dvds for $25 together, last copy of half life platinum and last copy of COD for $10 each... then at compusa, i got the pny geforce6800 for $200, kodak 3.2mp camera for $100 which i might be returning, a free memory card that came with the camera, pny 512mb ddr ram pc 3200 and probably a lot more other stuff i cant remember right now

this was fun, gonna do it next year but ill get there earlier for sure :D

I made it to the local CompUSA at 5:30 AM and thought I was too far back in line to score a 6800, but I grabbed one of the last three on the shelf. Whew! I missed the 512MB 3200, though. After I picked up a few more things, I then stood in the check-out line for about 70 minutes. I then drove down to Circuit City and picked up a pair of Polk R30s for $160 to replace the 15-year old Yamaha bookshelf speakers that have been serving as my fronts.

My wife went to Staples and said it had barely any more folks there than an average day, but she wanted to kill many a person shopping at Office Max, and that's saying a lot, since she is the most forgiving person I know. One screw-up: she bought a CF card for herself and an SD card for a friend at Staples, but can only rebate one of them. Whoops. I should have bought the CF card at Circuit City, but we're only out $15. She scored the 16X DVD burner and some cheap DVD-Rs at Staples, and the 200GB HD for $50 at Office Max. All in all, an excellent Black Friday.

lopoetve said:

Whew! You had me worried. Both my father and I got one of the D-Link wireless router kits. He bought mine on his credit card for me because Best Buy would only extend $500 of credit to me, which I promptly used all on the laptop. I just checked his receipt and it turns out he paid for his using traverlers checks left over from our trip a few weeks ago. Now to pick up my stipend check so I can pay off the BB CC balance and pay my dad back.

Zero percent financing is pretty cool. I'll probably pay the balance off over the next four months so I won't be so strapped for cash until the end of Decemer. The BB card is going to be cut up into a million pieces once it arrives in the mail.

Nuc_E said:
Whew! You had me worried. Both my father and I got one of the D-Link wireless router kits. He bought mine on his credit card for me because Best Buy would only extend $500 of credit to me, which I promptly used all on the laptop. I just checked his receipt and it turns out he paid for his using traverlers checks left over from our trip a few weeks ago. Now to pick up my stipend check so I can pay off the BB CC balance and pay my dad back.

Zero percent financing is pretty cool. I'll probably pay the balance off over the next four months so I won't be so strapped for cash until the end of Decemer. The BB card is going to be cut up into a million pieces once it arrives in the mail.

I got a limit of $1200. Ended up using it on the GE 52" TV and other stuff I posted on page 2. Lucky for me they allow 10% over on your first purchase.

Went to Fry's in Fountain Valley at 5:00 am and there was already a line of 300-400 people. By the time the doors were opened at 6, the line went completely around the store. I made two trips and heres what i got.

Sempron 2200+ computer: $99
2 Pairs of Polk R30 Speakers: $80 for a pair
2 120gb Seagate: $30 AR each
3 Gamecube games: $35
HK AVR-130: $250

Went to best buy in FT. Meyers Florida, I arrived at midnight, i was the 7th person in line!!!!!
I have to admid it was alot of fun, there were 3 people in the group ahead of me in their mid 30's so i got to talk to them for 5 hours about life as we watched 8 episodes of Elfin Lied on my laptop folowed by a couple episodes of school rumble

At 5am the line was around the entire front of the store and most of the way around the side. they started handing out tickets and if you had not been in line by 1:15am you did not get the $150 kodack camera or the $500 lappy. This store was actualy well stocked they had 5 times the minimum number of $200 Emachines

Chanel 2 news showed up at 5:15am and i got intervied which i was anoyed did not make it on air later. i did get my photograph taken by the newspaper rushing into the store and it made the newspaper so i have something to show my kids if i ever have them

5:59am there is a line over 400 people long
I'm wondering if i'm in line for the hotest club in LA or what....

6am doors open.... all hell breaks lose
got the nec projector
went over and got in line and got the $150 kodack camera and a $19 256mb sd card with only a 5min wait then i get in the computer line.....
1:30pm 7.5 ********** **** ***** ****** ********** hours later I get to the cashier and get my laptop walk outside to the car, put the stuff in the trunk get in the car and go home and amazinly enough stay awake till 9pm to get the laptop configured for my grandfather. then go to sleep.

today, plug latop in, plug projector in, connect to Klipsh Speakers, watch "the matrix" on 20ft screen in the comfort of my living room :D

galois427 said:
Went to Fry's in Fountain Valley at 5:00 am and there was already a line of 300-400 people. By the time the doors were opened at 6, the line went completely around the store. I made two trips and heres what i got.

Sempron 2200+ computer: $99
That's why I <3 Fry's. They had at least 200 or 300 of the $99.99 computers. And the pressure wasn't to buy an extended warranty, it was to get the free after rebate Canon iP1500 printer. They really didn't seem to care whether or not you wanted it. :D

I got everything I wanted except the Sharp mini CD stereo for $29... and I waited in 2 lines to get other items (memory and mobo combo, camera).

When I went back in the afternoon the $29.99 DVD burners were just disappearing and there were still tons of $29AR Seagate 120GB drives, $49AR WD 200GB drives and other good deals. I even found another $58 GBA SP bundle on my second trip.

Skipped out on best buy this year, headed to Circuit City instead. Snagged the following:

3 Wireless G Routers @ 7.99 each (net)
3 Wireless G PCMCIA Adapters @ 4.99
3 Wireless G PCI Adapters @ 4.99
1 48-pack AA batteries @ 4.99

Dropped my buddy off @ bb while Dad waited in line @ cc. He snagged:

512 Meg SD Card @ 30
512 Meg Sandisk USB Drive @30
17" LCD Monitor @ 189
Epson CX5400 Printer Scanner Combo @ 50

Headed to breakfast @ Old Country Buffet with the family / best friend, then to Office Max. Snagged the following:

2x 64 Meg USB Drive @ FREE
Found the 20 dollar leather executive chair, which someone hid behind some displays!!! Got glared at in line by several people ahead of me who'd scoured the store apparently in search of it. heheheheh... losers

parents and uncle/aunt got much more that i'm not supposed to know about :D

Woke up at 3:00, got to the Joliet IL Best Buy around 4:15. There were already about 80 people camped out and I was pretty shocked, as this was the first time I ever really saw something that I was willing to get up to buy. I got the 2nd to last of the virgin Toshiba's, and watched in horror as the people in front of me bought the $250 Platinum Geek Squad Notebook Kit and payed $150 to have them put Norton on it :rolleyes: .

I also picked up two of the 512mb Usb drives, and the Netgear Super G router. I also picked up some weak ass laptop bag because it gave me 15% off, so it was free and then some. I missed out on picking up some things I wanted/needed to pick up because they had two seperate lines for notebook tickets and everyone else. The everyone else line was about 200 people deep, so I did not get to pick up the Super G Pc Card (wasn't on sale, but the Toshiba has no build in wireless, which is pretty weak, but what do you expect for $500?), and missed the 5 for $25 DVDs which is no big deal.

All told, I spent about $750, but with the 15% off and the rebates, the USB Drives will be almost $20 each, and the router about $20 also. Pretty decent haul considering those of you who got there at 3:00 AM and faced horrendous lines.

tiebird321 said:
Went to best buy in FT. Meyers Florida, I arrived at midnight, i was the 7th person in line!!!!!
I have to admid it was alot of fun, there were 3 people in the group ahead of me in their mid 30's so i got to talk to them for 5 hours about life as we watched 8 episodes of Elfin Lied on my laptop folowed by a couple episodes of school rumble

At 5am the line was around the entire front of the store and most of the way around the side. they started handing out tickets and if you had not been in line by 1:15am you did not get the $150 kodack camera or the $500 lappy. This store was actualy well stocked they had 5 times the minimum number of $200 Emachines

Chanel 2 news showed up at 5:15am and i got intervied which i was anoyed did not make it on air later. i did get my photograph taken by the newspaper rushing into the store and it made the newspaper so i have something to show my kids if i ever have them

5:59am there is a line over 400 people long
I'm wondering if i'm in line for the hotest club in LA or what....

6am doors open.... all hell breaks lose
got the nec projector
went over and got in line and got the $150 kodack camera and a $19 256mb sd card with only a 5min wait then i get in the computer line.....
1:30pm 7.5 ********** **** ***** ****** ********** hours later I get to the cashier and get my laptop walk outside to the car, put the stuff in the trunk get in the car and go home and amazinly enough stay awake till 9pm to get the laptop configured for my grandfather. then go to sleep.

today, plug latop in, plug projector in, connect to Klipsh Speakers, watch "the matrix" on 20ft screen in the comfort of my living room :D

I made it to BB around 3:15am and I was the second person to show up at the store. I waited in my car until other's started to show up. Then I got in line. I sat down, drank my coffee, read some of a technical paper and chatted with the others until the employees started handing out tickets. A writer for the local paper showed up and asked if I wanted to be in an article. I passed.

Sears:

5 drawer cabinet (bottom)
7 drawer chest (top)
3 drawer chest (middle)

........$200

246 piece tools set

........$150

3 ton floor jack
jack stands
jumper cables
mechanic seat
floor mat

........$100

well, i know my christmas presents already....

Got the ONLY HL-1440 laser printer @ the OfficeMax I was at (2nd in line). They had a shit ton of 200gb hdd's, my friend got one but my funds are limited. I did grab a stack of 100 CD-Rs though.

at 6:45 th line at BB still had 150 in it. I went in around 10 and the checkout line was around the ENTIRE store and wrapped into the middle all around. Fucking insane. So, I went to the BB in Auburn (no one's in school, no one raided it, lol) and grabbed a 512 and 256 SD card for cheap.

A couple of the CompUSA's by me still had PNY 6800 cards today when they closed...

Strange some of the other ones only have a few Thursday morning.

You guys in big cities have all the luck. Deals around here aren't nearly as good.

We have...*drumroll*...a Wal-Mart and Staples. Whoop-de-fuckin doo.

Back