post a pic of where you work warning 4MB link inside

I like how on the leftmost part, no one is on the phone, and by the time you get around to that side again, someone is talking on it :)

Is that a flight simulator behind the thing that has AC51 written on it?

Also, did you take the pics left to right or right to left. If you look at the clock at both ends, it looks like the right end (10:25)is before the left (10:27), although it the right end is a little shaky and hard to read.

Originally posted by SouthPaw72
Is that a flight simulator behind the thing that has AC51 written on it?

Also, did you take the pics left to right or right to left. If you look at the clock at both ends, it looks like the right end (10:25)is before the left (10:27), although it the right end is a little shaky and hard to read.

the thing with the AC51 written on it is an aircart and provides cooling air to the electonics when you are doing maintenance on it and the electronics are on; thing behind it is is not a flight sim; its just a mock cockpit with all the control panels in it. its got an electrical connector on it; its originally used to train pilots; you can induce threats like an engine fire and see how the pilot reacts. its got a plastic cover on the canopy that can be removed to block out all hte light too and the thing with ht15 on it is a hydraulic mule that can produce up to 3000psi of hydraulic pressure to the jet for doing maintenace

fixed bad spelling in title :p ;)

Can I join in? :D

I worked as an optical engineer/technician for Corvis Corp in Columbia, Md. Here was the last project I worked with. Myself, along with three contractors I hired, turned this 6000 sq. ft. lab from this:
7151lab2.jpg

Into this:
GovtLab.jpg

in just 6 weeks. It simulates approx. 12,000 Km of an all-optical network. (Forgive the "barreling" in the pic. It was taken with my old F717. LOL)

Here's the room beside it, which houses all the fiber used for the project.
fiberroom.JPG

thats fucking tight as hell....would love to work on something like that.

I'll be the first to admit, I loved that job more than anyone else. We definitely lived by the motto "Work hard, party hard". :p

It was normal for us to go out 2, 3, even 4 times/week, and get hammered after work. Not that I'm condoning that sorta behavior. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna pull 75-80 hr weeks without rewarding myself. :D

Hell, here we are @ Jillian's. After dinner, a few drinks, and a few games of pool, we all figured we'd give this damn dance machine a shot. Here's my boss(dancing) and Hardware Engineering Director(watching) LOL
DancinJenny.JPG

Originally posted by Alastor
Holy shit. I went to school in that same hangar for four months. Are Mr. Bass, Mr Josey, and Mr. Klepper still there? WEIRD!

Sheppard AFB is a DUMP.

holy shit! those names dont ring a bell; almost all the f-15 instructors are military. or did you work on the 16? lots of the 16 instructors were civilians.

were you in 365 TRS? what dorm did you live in?

Originally posted by prometheum
holy shit! those names dont ring a bell; almost all the f-15 instructors are military. or did you work on the 16? lots of the 16 instructors were civilians.

were you in 365 TRS? what dorm did you live in?

I'm F-16 backshop. I was in the 365th. I lived in 516, then 726, then uhh, the ones closest to the squadron.

Originally posted by Alastor
I'm F-16 backshop. I was in the 365th. I lived in 516, then 726, then uhh, the ones closest to the squadron.

im flightline so i dont know any of the backshop instructors; they closed all the ones closes to the squadrons about a month ago and had everyone move out of them because of diciplinary problems. It was a group wide thingy, everyone who lived in a tdy dorm had to get out.

where are you based now? active duty/ang/reserve?

im AD and going to alaska, i just finished tech school

prometheum said:
im flightline so i dont know any of the backshop instructors; they closed all the ones closes to the squadrons about a month ago and had everyone move out of them because of diciplinary problems. It was a group wide thingy, everyone who lived in a tdy dorm had to get out.

where are you based now? active duty/ang/reserve?

im AD and going to alaska, i just finished tech school

Wow they shut them down? What kind of diciplinary problems? What are the buildings used for now, and where do all the students live?

I'm AD in Italy.

Back