Possibly the Next BF Game??? The Future

NACZ3

Gawd
Saw this link the other day on EA's forums with the rumor it may be the next BF game: BF2142?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoYYUp_PXCY

Don't know if it's legit but it would be nice to have a BF style game with mechs. (I miss Mechwarrior :( )

Hopefully they might bring some space elements into it as well (maybe raiding parties from one ship to another in orbit or to a station or down to the planet - "wishful thinking" (I miss WC3/4 also)).

^^^I know it's too early to tell. If it's a mod, I'd give it a try.

I think I have even see a Star Wars mod in progress for BF2 that looks like it might be pretty good.

NACZ3 said:
I think I have even see a Star Wars mod in progress for BF2 that looks like it might be pretty good.

LOL

There's a whole 2 games that tried to do that, BATTLEFRONT and BATTLEFRONT 2

there's a battlestar galactic amod for bf2 tho

galactic conquest mod for bf1942 is the best fps mod that i saw with a Star wars theme

yeah mechs would be nice in a MP FPS....but looks like quake wars will be this game to the market...

kohan69 said:
LOL

There's a whole 2 games that tried to do that, BATTLEFRONT and BATTLEFRONT 2

there's a battlestar galactic amod for bf2 tho

I know but I really didn't like them.

I was thinking about this while I was dropping the kids off at the pool. ;)

How would you enter the mechs? Just by clicking on them? I think that's lame. They should either have a ladder or you should have to hook your way up to the top at least. I hate to be the guy that mocks the surreality of video games because they are, after all, just video games. But they got rid of dolphin diving and bunnyhopping based on the fact that they aren't realistic...so why isn't there at least a seperate gunner and driver on tanks?

Also, the mechs would have to be more like a tank than a heli in the amount of rockets or whatever they carry because they will probably be slow and the time it would take to get back to the mech dock to reload would take forever.

Whatever...I'm rambling...too much coffee...I just want to design video games...that's all. :D

If somebody could come up with even a decent Battlefield type game but with mechs and what not I think it would be pretty damn cool. I would definitely buy it and play it. I remember playing the old Mechwarrior games back in the day. Knowing myself though I would probably be one of the soldiers hoofing it all over the place as I already do this in Battlefield 2 since I play sniper most of the time.

This type of game definitely has potential but it's a matter of would it be done correctly. The answer is probably not. There will always be some people that don't like certain aspects of the game while others think those same aspects are great.

Oh well. Here's to hoping something like this is actually coming out in the near future.

Looks nice, but why couldn't it have been made by raven?

Anyway, the next big BF2 style game should be huxley. Even has an MMO aspect.

amen Huxley looks hawt as all get out and South Koreans made it so it might be really polished and well done unlike BetaField. Have I mentioned Dice sucks today? oh yeah at least twice and EA is now Evil Assholes too lol.

Not that I really hate them I'm just bewildered as to wtf they are doing besides playing hide the hamster at their patch HQ.

The Other said:
Isn't that QW:ET

No.. you guys, this could easily be just a 3d movie. No, title or anything. If you wanted to show off something you would put the name of the game at least somewhere in the video, right?

If The BF comes next with a futuristic setting it'll be purely to try and knock ET:QW off.

NACZ3 said:
Saw this link the other day on EA's forums with the rumor it may be the next BF game: BF2142?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoYYUp_PXCY

Don't know if it's legit but it would be nice to have a BF style game with mechs. (I miss Mechwarrior :( )

Hopefully they might bring some space elements into it as well (maybe raiding parties from one ship to another in orbit or to a station or down to the planet - "wishful thinking" (I miss WC3/4 also)).

weak.

They should fix the current game, before talking about making a new one.

Has anyone seen the videos of BF2:MC for 360? It maks BF2 for PC look silly, if only 360 supported keyboard and mouse setups I would be on board.

Back