Possibly expanding h220 questions

wizang

Gawd
So I'm doing a new build including an h220 I got for a really good deal. Originally I was going to just get a gtx 780 and air cool it but I couldn't turn down a solid deal on an used r290 for $250 (warranty is from MSI so it's based on serial... i'm sure it was used for mining but it if dies that's ok). Knowing the how the reference coolers perform on the r9 series, I may get fed up and expand to the gpu if I can get a good deal on a block. Now, I know I could technically just add the gpu and only use the stock rad. However, seems like it could be a good idea to add another 120 or 140 single rad (this is in a corsair 250d so that's my only option). My first question is, would either of the cheap rads going on the jab tech 50% sale right now suffice for that? http://www.jab-tech.com/120mm-single/

Second question, in that sort of loop, what would the ordering on the parts be. CPU->120.2rad->gpu->120.1rad? Or CPU->GPU->120.1->120.2 etc.

Any tips are appreciated! Thanks.

The H220 pump is good for the system it comes on, but I've been told by trusted sources it is not really up to the task of added waterblock and radiator. Not enough power and flow.

Well it's advertised as being able to and if it fails it's under warranty I guess.

Back