Possible WoW Comeback

eurin

[H]ard|Gawd
My friends have been trying to convince me to comeback. I haven't play since last summer. How is the non raidable end game content? I saw they've added quests to upgrade the blue instance gear. How feasible are these quests?

I've got a level 60 undead priest and 60 undead rogue on Archimonde. I'll probably only reactivate the priest if I comeback, it looks like I've got new talent trees to look at.

I quit before because I just didn't have the time to commit myself to a large raid guild. I really enjoyed doing the 5-10 man content with closer friends.

Have you been paying for WoW all this time? Afaik they delete accounts after like 3 months of being cancelled.

hokatichenci said:
Have you been paying for WoW all this time? Afaik they delete accounts after like 3 months of being cancelled.

Are you sure they actually delete them? In my experience with pay to play games, they don't delete your accounts, because they want you to comeback. It's usually just a clause in the ToA.

However, the games they prefer you buy and then not play (Diablo 2, GuildWars, Warcraft 3), they do delete your accounts.

hokatichenci said:

WTF this is such false information.

I cancelled my account back in summer 05, and re-up'd about 2 months ago.. All characters and items were still present.

WHERE IN THE HELL DID YOU HEAR THIS NONSENSE ? :confused:

blizzard has said many times that they don't/have no intentions to delete accounts that are cancelled....

businesswise this is a good decision because it insures a greater willingness to return and give them your money again

the only real reason they would have to delete your accounts is if theres too many for a server and they want to make some room. but that doesnt usually happen

Why on earth would they delete them. Indeed they keep all account indefinetely, active or not.

Back to the ORIGINAL question. I've been sixty for maybe a month or two and I'm still doing quests. They made it to where when your level 60 you get cash since you dont get XP. However, its next to nothing as far as the cash goes. And I'm doing hunter quests, so I dont know what gear priests can get. Hope this helps.

some companies see that if they say they will delete the aco!!!! after 3 months you get people to renew every 3rd month so they keep there account. so in the end the account deletes get more money. cuz it forces people to renew to keep the account and if the account does get deleted then that person has to spend more money on a new char

Vanskater said:
some companies see that if they say they will delete the aco!!!! after 3 months you get people to renew every 3rd month so they keep there account. so in the end the account deletes get more money. cuz it forces people to renew to keep the account and if the account does get deleted then that person has to spend more money on a new char

Not too smart seeing as how thousands of subscribers upon learning that their character had been deleted won't even think to renew and start over again. Smart gamers wouldn't even play such a game if that were true.

Yea blizz has always stated they will delete diablo/warcraft2/3 accounts after 3 months (and i've had it happen) but I highly doubt they'd do it on WoW. I once reupped my DAoC account 2 years after quitting and found I still had the same toons. Ended up starting over anyway but at least I had a shitload of plat.

I can't access my old account OR use my cd key for that matter. I believe I may have been pirated and banned or something.

So tell me, is this development a response to the absurd announcement that Blizzard will never be adding another 40 man raid instance in The Burning Crusade? That's right, all raids added in TBC will be 10-25 man.

Honestly, yes I'm intrigued by more smaller guild content. I like playing this game with my friends, not turning it into a second job.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

IMHO, wait for the expansion if you are looking for non-raid content. The game currently right now is slanted towards raiding. If you don't mind the new teir .5 gear (its ok...but its long and pricy), then go for it.

Read up on the expansion info: its supposed to really expand the 5-10 man's, with the possiblity that the new raids areas are at most 25 man (i cannot confirm that last part cause I heard of that from a friend)

The previous post about the new content is correct. They are making a shift away from 40 man raiding, and focusing more on smaller raids. There will be more 5-10 mans in the Burning Crusade, along with the maximum new instance limit in the BC of 25. The old 40 man MC, Ony, Naxx and BWL will still exist, however, they are just trying to shift down to smaller raiding.

New instances will also have group selected scale of difficulty, with rewards to match.

Also, PvP is taking a new turn. Gone will be the long playtime based grind to the top. The new PvP system will be a permanent ladder based system. Also, PvP Arena fighting will be cross server based, and in varying team sizes. World PvP will also be given new objectives and be actually, supposedly meaningful.

The new content should be extremely challenging though, and the difficulty of reaching the new level cap from level 60 to 70 has been equated to the difficulty of leveling to 60, three times.

All in all, lots of fun in store.

Back