Possible Wii Hardware Tech Demo

HighwayAssassins

Supreme [H]ardness
What you do you all think?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3857855347623051125&q=video+revolution+demo&pl=true

Got the link from this page with even more speculation.

http://mozlapunk.web-log.nl/log/5681487

I have followed the rumors and speculation on this board regarding Nintendo’s “Revolution” since its inception.

It is at times torturous to see the most dedicated base of any gaming company have to resort to gossip and guesses as to what to expect from Nintendo’s next generation offering.

It is for this reason that I have decided to share.

I cannot offer anything to you in terms of my identity. I cannot offer anything in the way of proving what I am saying to you is factual. However, you will ultimately find that you need not worry who I am, for all I say will come to pass. But I suspect you know my name…

So here’s the scoop. I’m tired of watching you beautiful fans endure the torture of knowing so little, so I will share with you enough to help you understand the magnitude of what’s coming without saying enough to reveal who I am.

I’ll say this before I begin spilling the proverbial beans. Remember 1985? Remember when saying “Nintendo” meant video games in general? This is what Nintendo is aiming to recapture, and believe me, they will!

Let’s start with a question:

1. Why have we yet to see even a glimpse of what a “Revolution” game will look like?

Most seem to assume this is because Nintendo does not want the focus of their next generation games to be on their graphics. This is not entirely wrong, just a little uninformed. That being said, the graphics are essentially the same as a souped up Xbox. What you all are ignoring is that the graphics for the Xbox360 are arguably only the same as a souped up Xbox as well. Graphically, in terms of traditional graphics, the systems are equal. In terms of presentation, you will be astonished by what the Revolution holds, and it is indeed the final secret Mr. Miyamoto hinted at. Prepare to see games in a way you never imagined, and you don’t need a silly helmet or visor to experience it. As a matter of fact, a video demonstration of what “Revolution” can do circulated the internet weeks or months before E3, and then conspicuously disappeared. Such a sneaky little box! I’ll leave the rest to you!

Well…I can’t resist.

A final hint…

Think hard about the controller and what type of graphical presentation would suit it best! It’s so easy! Oh, and the controller is indeed meant to attract the casual gamer, because they'll so badly want to experience what they're seeing!

2. “Use the right side of your brain!”

As many of you have correctly stated, the right side of your brain is the creative side. So what was Reggie hinting at? Again, it’s so easy I don’t need to say it! You’re given all of the components you need, and some general structure. The rest my friends, is up to you!

3. Indeed a revolution, but in code name only. It’s 1985 all over again…

4. Wi-Fi will open doors you never would have predicted. It’s all so obvious though if you think about it, but it’s so hard for me to say without saying too much! If you’ve figured out what I’ve already hinted at, picture how the ability to download monthly offerings will that much more enhance your experience!

5. The Classics.

Many for free just for joining…one free a month…Itunes pricing per each additional first party title. Third parties will bundle 3-5 each with a new game purchase.

6. The price is right…you’ll just have to trust me!

7. Kodak Theater = Mushroom Kingdom!

I’ve said enough. What I’ve shared should be enough to get you all cooled down a bit.

Never underestimate Nintendo.
People thought this guy was full of shit, until some of his statements are turning out to be true.

Whoa! That is some sick technology. If the revolution can do stuff like that, turn real environments into virtual playgrounds, I will never go to sleep again, LOL.

Article:
Think hard about the controller and what type of graphical presentation would suit it best! It’s so easy! Oh, and the controller is indeed meant to attract the casual gamer, because they'll so badly want to experience what they're seeing!

Could this be refering to manipulating objects in true 3D space? I think the revmote would be perfectly suited to that...

Article:
Prepare to see games in a way you never imagined...

In true 3D!

Does anyone know how far we are research wise into 3D projectors?

yea, ive been reading this on digg, and following up on all the comments. id like to see what the people here think....

if this is true, it'll be simply amazing. :eek:

Google "Augmented Reality" for more information, I only glansed but I think that's what this thread is about. And no, it has nothing to do with Wii.

that is some crazy ass shit.... WOW..

i'm soo amazed how the flower had no lag even when he moved it fast...

Smiffy said:
Google "Augmented Reality" for more information, I only glansed but I think that's what this thread is about. And no, it has nothing to do with Wii.
Well i hope you work for nintendo and are actually designing this product; and thats how you know it has nothing to do with the wii.

We already know the controller has the capability to do this type of thing, so all that is holding it back is the hardware of the actual console, which we know almost nothing about.

the only caveat is that you would need a camera to do this, and you would have to look at the screen, so its basically making your room the map in the video game...so i dont see how they would implement this. Guess we will find out at E3.

xerus` said:
Uh... I thought that flower was real at first... holy crap.

I was like "ZOMG A FLOWAR!"

and then he said how it was produced and I was like "ZOMG A CYBER-FLOWAR!"

:eek: Amazing stuff there.

HighwayAssassins said:
Well i hope you work for nintendo and are actually designing this product; and thats how you know it has nothing to do with the wii.

We already know the controller has the capability to do this type of thing, so all that is holding it back is the hardware of the actual console, which we know almost nothing about.

the only caveat is that you would need a camera to do this, and you would have to look at the screen, so its basically making your room the map in the video game...so i dont see how they would implement this. Guess we will find out at E3.

What is so hard to imagine? You look at the screen and it is your environment, your left thumb controls your forward/back/strafe motion while your left/right is in the right arm's thumb. For the non-believers I leave you this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

Pay attention to the onscreen gun position (gansta/normal), and look at the player hand position. Note that this was run on the gamecube and not on the wii. Imagine a crash bandicoot game where the camera is behind you and you see yourself as a bandicoot running down the level. Who knows?

Back