• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Possible upgrade to 24" Surround

mnagrecha

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 27, 2012
Messages
70
So, I've been using three Dell Ultrasharp 2410s to run a surround system for the last three months. After looking at some of the 27" and 30" options out there, I'm tempted to switch it up a little.

What would be the most sensible upgrade? Keep the setup for a little longer, or get rid of it and go with a larger screen?

I have eVGA GTX570s in SLI, in case that is a factor for deciding.
 
I don't understand threads like this.

Are you unhappy with your current setup? Then upgrade!

Is NV Surround not working for you? Then swap to single monitor.

Is everything OK? Then keep what you have.

YOU are the one who knows if NV surround is working well enough for you. YOU decide if you want to upgrade or ditch triple-monitor.
 
I don't understand threads like this.

Are you unhappy with your current setup?

The problem with your questions is that they are rather cut-and-dry. The qualitative assessment, in my opinion, requires more than a couple of questions. I'm obviously "dissatisfied" in some sense or else I wouldn't be asking for opinions on the internet... I need completely alien and isolated minds to help me reach an informed decision, lest I do something hasty and regret it.

Is NV Surround not working for you? Then swap to single monitor.

I love the extra real estate, and will probably have at least two monitors from now on, till the day I die. The problem is gaming. I should have been a little more clear about that in my original post - I do not enjoy gaming on triple monitors, albeit, I'm playing the worst games for triple monitors.

I'm currently on a heavy diet of LoL and Diablo3 in portrait mode. They looked like crap on landscape, although I enjoyed the little bit of Crysis/Witcher I tried in that mode.

Is everything OK? Then keep what you have.

Everything functions perfectly, but that was never really a complaint...

Sorry for sounding defensive... I get that way sometimes...
 
I personally would take 3 x 24" monitors over a single 30". I tried to run on a single 30" and felt so cheated while gaming. Even if I was playing at 2560x900 (really freaking wide) I felt cheated by the size (really freaking short).
 
I personally would take 3 x 24" monitors over a single 30". I tried to run on a single 30" and felt so cheated while gaming. Even if I was playing at 2560x900 (really freaking wide) I felt cheated by the size (really freaking short).

I wouldn't touch anything less than 2560x1440.

Anyway, I cracked and started up a for sale thread.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1714094

Check it out if you want a virtually new surround set for cheap.
 
So, I've gotten some hits for the monitors, and one person wants to trade his HP zr30w for my three ultrasharps. Should I consider the hp? The monitor looks ok, and some people like it better than the Ultrasharp U3011. What do you guys think?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
 
Back
Top