Possible upgrade from a Dell 2407wfp.

Otto

n00b
Hello,

I'm in the market for a new monitor to replace my Dell 2407wfp. I primarily use my computer for gaming and watching movies.

I've tried two 120hz monitors, but because of quality control issues they have been returned. Went through three Asus VG236H's which had dead pixels and the last one just up and died. The last one was a Samsung S27A950D which had horrible backlight bleed and the lower right corner had a bright bleed that got brighter and brighter over time. So I think I may wait awhile before going for a 120hz TN monitor.

I'm currently looking at one monitor as a replacement for my Dell. The Asus PA246Q. I'm just wondering how much faster it would be compared to my 2407wfp? Image quality as well. I haven't been able to find any info comparing the two. Ghosting and input lag etc. I know it's an IPS type monitor and even though I am a gamer I am really picky about image quality and the closest game to an FPS game I play is Fallout: New Vegas.

Thank you all for your time, and any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the links, NCX.

That Digital Versus review has me leaning more towards the Asus. Weird that I missed it doing a google search. Thanks again.

Well shoot, not having much luck with monitors. Recevied my Asus PA246Q and it is full of dead and stuck green pixels.

Oh well, hopefully the replacement I get doesn't have any issues. The monitor does handle games rather well. The colors are fantastic too.

Back