Is it possible to change/update RAID drivers on a system which is using a RAID 0 array for it's primary drive on which an OS is installed?
It's a sort of catch 22 situation, the drivers needed to actually correctly read the drive, are stored ON the drive itself, windows obviously has some kind of driver preloading system before It trys to start reading other files from the drive.
If you remove or try and update your RAID drives when booting off the array windows instantly crashes and the drive(s) become unbootable.
Is there some way of fixing this so you can update drives safely?
I'm curently using Vista Ultimate 32bit as my primary OS on 2x Raptor 10,000 RPM hard drives.
P.S
I don't mean to be rude, but I don't want to hear lectures about how I shouldn't be using RAID or how it's not appropriate or how it's more prone to failure or anything else like that, that's not an issue here, I simply want to learn if the above is possible, and if so how to do it.
Thanks.
It's a sort of catch 22 situation, the drivers needed to actually correctly read the drive, are stored ON the drive itself, windows obviously has some kind of driver preloading system before It trys to start reading other files from the drive.
If you remove or try and update your RAID drives when booting off the array windows instantly crashes and the drive(s) become unbootable.
Is there some way of fixing this so you can update drives safely?
I'm curently using Vista Ultimate 32bit as my primary OS on 2x Raptor 10,000 RPM hard drives.
P.S
I don't mean to be rude, but I don't want to hear lectures about how I shouldn't be using RAID or how it's not appropriate or how it's more prone to failure or anything else like that, that's not an issue here, I simply want to learn if the above is possible, and if so how to do it.
Thanks.