Possible to setup your own cloud like dropbox?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
I have SBS 2011 Essentials and am wondering if I can setup something similar to Dropbox on it where I can host my own crap.

SBS 2011 has a web interface where you can download files and upload them right to the server.

I don't think Essentials includes Sharepoint Foundation (correct me if I am wrong).

I don't think Essentials includes Sharepoint Foundation (correct me if I am wrong).

Ahh, "essentials".....true...but though it doesn't have SP, can still get to files through the newly morphed Remote Web Access.

I've been watching ownCloud and sparkleshare.... one of 'em will make one soon enough....

I dunno why you couldn't just have some files syncronized with ssh.... keep a xml sheet somewhere on there with the files...... clients check the xml sheet every so often.... downloads, deletes, or uploads what it needs, done

This is the closest I got when I tried a few months ago.

http://web.synametrics.com/Syncrify.htm

I have my home computer backing up to my office computer a few times a day with this.

But I want something that is more "real time".

That's the only drawback. I guess you could set it to sync every 5 minutes.. but even that isn't good enough if you are trying to collaborate files between people.

Back