Possible to rip sections of HD-DVD Movies?

Puterguru

2[H]4U
I have Planet Earth on HD-DVD. I was thinking it would be cool to rip a few small sections and use that as my desktop video with Vista Ultimate so it would need to be in mpeg or wmv format. Anyone know if I can do this?

Thanks!

Rip it and use any old video converter to convert it to MPEG/WMV, and then video editing software to get what you want? I don't see how it's going to get any easier than that.

standard dvd rippers probably won't work, unless their latest versions offer support for HD-DVD. There are apparently rippers that work, but I haven't tried any, and that just showed up with a quick search on Yahoo!

standard dvd rippers probably won't work, unless their latest versions offer support for HD-DVD. There are apparently rippers that work, but I haven't tried any, and that just showed up with a quick search on Yahoo!

Yes I understand standard rippers probably won't work. You see I did a Google search and found that out.:rolleyes: Which is why I started this thread. I found one using the good old search feature on Google called DVDFAB but it seems to be a headache to get it going, which again is why I started this thread.

I know many people here had bought the X-Box 360 player for playing HD-DVD's on their PC so I assumed someone here had some specific knowledge about specific software for ripping and specific software for converting that were both free and easy.

Thanks.

Rip it using what? Do standard rippers work with HD-DVD's?

Yes I understand standard rippers probably won't work. You see I did a Google search and found that out. :rolleyes:

I replied right after your post, where you ask what to rip with, and if standard rippers work. I figured I'd be nice, and possibly be at least somewhat helpful, and post a link about a piece of software that works with HD-DVDs. Have I used that piece of software myself? No, unfortunately not. How am I suppose to know you already did a search and found out the response to your own question? It happens enough on this forum, where people don't bother using a search engine to find the easiest of questions. Regardless, perhaps somebody else can help you, since I obviously can't. My apologizes. :p :)

Back