• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Possible to replace Zalman fan?

ScretHate

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 5, 2001
Messages
1,889
Does anyone know if it's possible to replace a fan for the Zalman CNPS9700? Mine's getting old and starting to grind a bit. I wouldn't want it to fail when I'm away, so I'd like to replace it if possible. Zalman won't answer my emails regarding the matter, so I thought I'd ask you guys. Surely someone here has replaced the fan for this model, as it was quite a popular heatsink a few years back.

Thanks.
 
you would have to figure out how the fan is mounted in the heatsink and probably grab a 120mm fan and cut the shroud off and install the new fan.
 
The time and effort and money spent to fix that cooler, you could just buy a new one and be done with. In my opinion not worth it.
 
Not worth it when you consider that a Hyper 212+ is currently $20 with free shipping @ The Egg.
 
Well, after about 2 weeks, I got a reply from Zalman that I can purchase a replacement fan for $5. Not bad!
 
You can also repair the fan by peeling the sticker and putting oil in the bearing.
 
Back
Top