Possible to put multiple movies on a single DVD disc?

gojita

Limp Gawd
Hello,
I've got a lot of anime to put on some DVDs and I was wondering if it is possible to put like 4.7gb of anime in divx which is like 25 episodes =~ 500 minutes. What factors determine how many minutes of video is put on a disc? Can I just use nero rencode to do this?

Thanks

Depends on what format you use, Do you want it to run in a DVD Player or no?
Can your DVD Player Play Divx video?
The answer is yes, You can make a data disc with as many episodes as will fit but that will not retain it's compatibility with all players.

CopyThat said:
Depends on what format you use, Do you want it to run in a DVD Player or no?
Can your DVD Player Play Divx video?
The answer is yes, You can make a data disc with as many episodes as will fit but that will not retain it's compatibility with all players.

I'd like the DVD to not be a data disc of divx files since it can't read divx. The DVD player can only read VCDs and normal DVD format. Its amazing that 500 minutes can fit on a dvd, to me at least. Is there a guide online or anything? I found some that tell how to convert many VCDs to DVD, but I'm not sure if its the same.

Thanks

500 minutes of video on a single layer dvd encoded to video will look terrible.

you'll have to convert the files from divx to mpeg for a regular dvd player to play the disc. You could then create a dvd menu to pick which episodes you want to watch. I don't think you'll be able to fit all the eps on one disc at acceptable quality though.

nero vision express will let you do this, there's probably other programs as well but NVE is all I've ever used.

Forgot i had to reencode to mpeg :(. Still, its nicer than my old collection of like 5 episodes per vcd.

Thanks for everything! I'll try nero

www.dvdrhelp.com
www.doom9.org

when you uncompress a AVI file it comes out to almost 4g's in some cases, so no, you cant fit them ALl on one DVD, "maybe" 2 or 3 at most pending on what quality you want it to be.

Also , make sure your dvd player can read DVD+ - R discs.

Back