• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

possible to do Set Priority automatically?

aerotive

n00b
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
49
I run a certain program in the background nearly 100% of the time. But this program interferes with certain processor intensive games that I play. I can manually set the background program to Low priority, and the games play normally. This wasy I don't have to exit tha background app while in the game. Is there any way to set priority to Low automatically when starting up the program?

I'm using XP Pro.
 
Make a new shortcut, and make it run:

start /low "c:\path\to\command.exe"

start /low will start the command run with low (idle) CPU priority. Replace c:\path\to\command.exe with the actual path to the program your trying to run of course.
 
Back
Top