Possible ssd failure?

Vorret

[H]ard|Gawd
Morning,

So everything was working fine and all of a sudden everytime I tried to open AMD Vison engine control my computer froze. Odd. So I tried to install new drivers, impossible, froze everytime.
Tried to uninstall with the driver tool, froze.
Tried to uninstall manually, I can delete everything but the ATI.ACE folder.
Tried in safe mode via command prompt, same thing.

I update my firmware just in case, still not working.

It is worth trying to format or my disk is dead? It's a Corsair F120 wich I though were reputable drives... had it for less than a year.

If you right click the folder, and choose properties - security do you have full control (or can you take full control) of the folder? It is possible you have some kind of corruption but before you do a complete blowout of your system, see if the windows tools can fix the problem.
Open the "Computer" window from your desktop
Right-click on the drive in question
Select the "Tools" tab
In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.

Thanks, I decided to format anyway, can't hurt to do it once in a while anyway :)

I have bigger problems now though... I reinstalled windows and kept getting this "Bootmgr not found" when booting, reinstalled Windows, same results, I tried repairing and it didn't fix it either but it did boot if I used the CD-Drive to boot and didn't press anything when asked to "Press a button to boot from CD".

So I installed my stuff, worked fine for a couples days and yeserday I was browsing the web, computer froze and now nothing is booting, it stays on the first screen where you see the motherboard info for a good 30-45 seconds and then I get a "unable to find device" error.

I tried to boot from CD again and it can't find my Windows install on my SSD, well it doesn't even see my SSD anymore so I guess it's dead but what I don't get is the 30-45 seconds at the bios load screen, could there be a problem with the motherboard as well?

Help!

First step in debugging is making sure the controller and devices are connected and working properly. This is usually best done by either moving the drive to a different connector or controller, or using a different drive. This, after making sure everything is still connected properly. Nail down which part of the hardware is failing, it could be the drive OR the controller/motherboard,

Have you followed the testing steps listed on Corsair's website? Always a good plan to start at the vendor's support pages first.

Back